Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Quality not quantity

Re: Better Route for Park Hopping

Skyway. Yup definitely skyway.

Actually I don't really care that much where it goes, Disneyland to DCA, or just between points in Disneyland, I just want it back.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• The Tomorrowland One

Ive said in on here before and Ill say it AGAIN. Adding transportation that takes guests between the two parks WILL NOT WORK. You have to remember that there are times that they must put access restrictions into place at the DLR to keep the parks comfortable for those in it and inside the allowed fire limit. What happens then?

Your subway tunnel idea? People get stuck inside a tunnel and have to walk back out and go to where they just were. And what if it was on New Years Eve when both parks hit capacity? Just lock them in the tunnel?

The Monorail? People get stuck on it cause it is technically inside Disneyland Park? Well, we could change how they have the turnstiles placed for that, but that would cause even more issues than it would help I would think.

The Train? There would be heck on earth before they would get away with changing one of the DL Originals THAT MUCH.

And a Tram? Really? Is it THAT hard to walk that far? I lose more and more faith in humanity when I hear guests COMPLAIN there is no tram between the parks. But then it makes me happy when someone who has been to WDW just love our resort because there is NO BUS to get there.

Yeah, overall, I would like something to get between points in the parks. But its not that important to me. Im more wanting something of a People Mover between the structure and entry plaza, the to be built structure and that side of the entry plaza and then maybe a people mover from the area past the bag checks to the area that will be past the bag checks for the eventual 3rd gate. One can dream...

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    He better not make a movie tie in if the people mover comes back... lol

Seriously... I am all for movie tie ins [I just got to do Finding Nemo submarine Voyage on my last trip and it was amazing] but adding a movie tie in to the people mover which is mostly outdoors and all through Tomorrowland attractions [Tomorrowland in People Movers case is the attraction itself] is like coming out with a movie called "Kellogs Frosted Flakes... The Movie"... try making a movie out of that... it just doesnt work!

Unless you can draw up come elaborate 90 minute story about Tony the Tiger being some action hero and trying to save the world to get his Frosted Flakes... it just doesnt work

Now to get back on topic... seriously... we should be blessed that our parks are right across from eachother... 100 yards across the esplanade and soon to be shorter when the DCA expansion happens... its a shorter walk to park hop than walking to whatever hotel you may be staying at or even to the trams!
    I think they would at least have a tie in where the segment that played 'tron' used to be.... that movie is a little dated for todays youth now sadly!
    I see them tying in something to do with WALL-E personally!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyJaded View Post
    I think they would at least have a tie in where the segment that played 'tron' used to be.... that movie is a little dated for todays youth now sadly!
    I see them tying in something to do with WALL-E personally!
    One word: TR2N

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    One word: TR2N
    True!
    never thought of that!

• Rock Star Minion

I think what most people who go to DCA really want is a faster route to Screamin'. It's not the 300 feet between turnstiles; it is the sheer mental torture of having to walk through Pressler's Folly for a quarter-mile. Some never recover. Others merely get flashbacks that psychiatrists call "PDCASD."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Senior Minion

There's a certain amount of truth in that. Plus now they put TSMM back there too, one of the few other decent rides in the park. Maybe we just need a skyride from BL to near TSMM. They can make the vehicles look like big crickets and just call the ride the "Park Hopper" LOL.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• ...TWO BITS!

I don't support the tunnels, PM, or skyway for "park hopping".

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Yup. Anytime I'm working at the park and a guest asks for something (bathroom, ATM, such and such store, attraction, food etc.) unless they are physically standing next to it, if I explain it's a little further down, or God Forbid, in another land... their reaction is like I suggested them to go backpacking through Nepal.
    From NEMO entrance, guest asks for the nearest restroom. Point them to the Autopia entrance/store. Made a big fuss "It's That Far!?"

I could have pointed to the King/Queens near Alice in Wonderland or the exit of Space Mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    we should be blessed that our parks are right across from each other... 100 yards across the esplanade and soon to be shorter when the DCA expansion happens... its a shorter walk to park hop than walking to whatever hotel you may be staying at or even to the trams!
    True. The resort is pretty compact. And the main plaza is getting a bit more compact with the new DCA turnstyle. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Yeah, overall, I would like something to get between points in the parks. But its not that important to me.
    Agreed. I'd wait to see what happens when the 3rd park is planned and if Disney buys GardenWalk and when the Pumbaa parking structure gets built. Plus we need to wait and address the issues with the monorails.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I think what most people who go to DCA really want is a faster route to Screamin' [and TSMM]. It's not the 300 feet between turnstiles; it is the sheer mental torture of having to walk through Pressler's Folly for a quarter-mile."
    I'll have to agree with that as well. Monorail has enough issues to deal with right now I think. Anyone seen the line for Monorail when it's REALLY busy and limited on trains?
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 11-06-2008 at 11:42 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• always, the freaky cat

I think what most people who go to DCA really want is a faster route to Screamin'. It's not the 300 feet between turnstiles; it is the sheer mental torture of having to walk through Pressler's Folly for a quarter-mile. Some never recover. Others merely get flashbacks that psychiatrists call "PDCASD."
    I don't mind so much the walk to Screamin', but after riding that and TSMM, I hate walking to Tower of Terror. You can see it, it's right there, but you gotta walk all the way around. Fortunately, I think the CA makeover will create a shorter path between the two.

my 2nd post--a little off topic, I know, but I think I'm getting the hang of things here....

• Senior Minion

I agree Danny, that's really annoying. Welcome to Micechat!
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Not sure if it has been mentioned but there IS a tunnel (underpass, really) from DL (backstage) to DCA (backstage). East of Space Mountain to Back of Hyperion Theatre. In no way would it ever be faster than walking between turnstiles.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Not sure if it has been mentioned but there IS a tunnel (underpass, really) from DL (backstage) to DCA (backstage). East of Space Mountain to Back of Hyperion Theatre. In no way would it ever be faster than walking between turnstiles.
    It would be faster if you're able to outrun security.

And since I'm a pretty darn good 800m runner, I may just have to give it a go.

It's not like the parks are far apart so I don't see the point. The only thing that I think would make sense would be to have the monorail make a stop.
    Janette

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123