Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Better Route for Park Hopping

I've seen threads on adding a monorail stop in DCA, which would definitely make park hopping easier. I was thinking about adding a "subway" tunnel from main street to the soon to be renovated entry plaza in DCA... what other ideas do people have? Skybridge? Extending the Disneyland railroad? Aerial tram? One of the big ones that's enclosed and has a CM inside... hmmmm.

Re: Better Route for Park Hopping

I would love to have the monorail have a stop somewhere in DCA, perhaps in the hollywood section or in front of Soarin'. Other than that, walking across the esplanade is fine with me.

Return of the Skyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonBoy1963 View Post
    I was thinking about adding a "subway" tunnel from main street to the soon to be renovated entry plaza in DCA... what other ideas do people have? Skybridge? Extending the Disneyland railroad? Aerial tram? One of the big ones that's enclosed and has a CM inside... hmmmm.
    Would waiting in line for and then boarding and traveling on a subway or a tram really be better than just walking a couple hundred yards?

A skybridge makes even less sense since you'd have to walk further than if you just walked on the ground.

Then there's the whole problem of needing new entrance and exit gates.

• Storyteller

If they were to do this, it would be cool if it took you from Fantasyland to Paradise Pier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Would waiting in line for and then boarding and traveling on a subway or a tram really be better than just walking a couple hundred yards?
    By "subway" tunnel, I think he meant an underground walkway instead of an actual subway train. And I don't see why this wouldn't work. They could put 2 turnstiles at the entrance of the tunnel, similar to the ones used for the NYC subway, where you just scan your own AP or parkhopper ticket. Then have 1 staffed turnstile specifically for wheelchairs or strollers. The entrance can be off to the side of Main St, kind of hidden so it doesn't take away from the "magic".

Definitely not worth it. I would rather Disney invest their limited funds in something that actually makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ClubDisCM View Post
    By "subway" tunnel, I think he meant an underground walkway instead of an actual subway train. And I don't see why this wouldn't work. They could put 2 turnstiles at the entrance of the tunnel, similar to the ones used for the NYC subway, where you just scan your own AP or parkhopper ticket. Then have 1 staffed turnstile specifically for wheelchairs or strollers. The entrance can be off to the side of Main St, kind of hidden so it doesn't take away from the "magic".
    Well that was dumb of me. A subway tunnel. Duh!

Anyway, I don't see the point in walking underground between the parks when you can already walk above ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Well that was dumb of me. A subway tunnel. Duh!

Anyway, I don't see the point in walking underground between the parks when you can already walk above ground.
    It could shorten your wait time to get from one park to the other. As it is right now, you have to wait in line to exit the park and get your hand stamped, then stand in another (usually long) line to get into the other park. By having another way to go from one park to the other without actually leaving the park, you'll have less lines to wait in. And if they were to get rid of the single park passes, then there won't be a need for any turnstiles and thus no lines at all.

• Walt Disney Fan

I think if the monrail stopped in DCA that would be awesome it goes right over it.

All they need now is instead of a track a station which wouldn't be that hard to put in the front of the park.

If they take down the Golden Gate Bridge at the entrance they will have to redo the track anyway then so why not add a station.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

I think that walking between the entrances/exits of the parks--as intended, no doubt--works just fine.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Better Route for Park Hopping

Shows you how much the thinking of American's. "I don't want to walk 100 yards. Lets take a train that will take a longer time to get there than walking."

I'm part Estonian and part American and I'm strongly against this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    Shows you how much the thinking of American's. "I don't want to walk 100 yards. Lets take a train that will take a longer time to get there than walking."
    Well, nearly half of the messages have been objections to the idea, and some of the rest may simply be trying to find interesting ways to connect the two parks, regardless of the time or distances involved, Mr. Peoplemover (of all things! ).

• no flash photography...

I would like the monorail to stop in DCA.

Are you seriously complaining about parkhopping at Disneyland? I dream that we had it as easy in WDW as DL does but it take forever at WDW having to wait on buses, transfering buses. You can rarely get a bus from one park to another it seems

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast