Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Guests Eating on Attractions

Sadly when I was at the park this weekend I saw several incidences of guests walking onto attractions eating & drinking, and no cm stopping them.

What's up with that?

I even pointed it out to a conductor on the train as 4 guests walked right by with popcorn and soda and he didn't say a word, and said to me "are you trying to start trouble?"

The street sweeper crew (not sure what their official dept is) do a good job of keeping the park clean outside the attractions, but if the cm's don't do their job, the inside of attractions are going to get pretty narly!

• Cove Bar Official Dj

Re: Guests Eating on Attractions

i have never seen any signs that say no eating or drinking on the train??? just smoking obviously.... the smoking lamp is "out"...

If they are doing it in or on an area or attraction that states no eating or drinking then i would maybe feel you are right.
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• no flash photography...

I haven't noticed this being an issue.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Back in the day you couldn't bring any food or drinks onto a ride or a show. And they enforced this. For example in Tiki Room there was a CM statiomed at the ebtrance near the trash can and they made it certain to have you throw out all food and drink before going in.

Now attractions look like the bargain matinee at the local Edwards multiplex. And I've been let on HM with coffee. They said it's ok as long as it has a lid.

But I guess they wouldn't sell as much food and beverages if guests knew that they couldn't bring them on rides. It all boils down to one thing...

• Thank you, that is all.

Whether or not you can eat on the train is not the only issue here. That CM had no excusable reason for saying that to you. Legally that could be seen as harassment.

At first I thought the header said, "Attractions Eating on Guests." Now, that could be a fun thread!

• ...TWO BITS!

saw a group of girls bring their frozen lemonade on to the last car of BTMRR... still open and eating while train in motion.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I have never had or seen an issue with someone taking food onto a ride. I can understand that they wouldn't allow a drink on space mountain, the Matterhorn, or even Big Thunder but the train or a calm ride dosen't seem like it would be a big issue. I don't believe that the CM had a right to ask you if you were trying to cause trouble, but what was your motive to go up and comment on the people taking food/drinks on?
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I've seen people bring drinks on Haunted Mansion, which I think is dumb. Seriously people can't finish up the drink before they get on the ride? I could rant but I'm not. Instead can't it be deemed a safety issue? If the ride stops suddenly and some kid gets hurt because of their spoon?

PretzelSouls, these people were right in front of me. I was shocked the cm didn't say anything, so I said something to him.

Per Guest Relations, there is no eating or drinking on attractions. I'm surprised people feel this is changed because there isn't a sign on each and every attraction saying not to do so.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by shagadelic View Post
    PretzelSouls, these people were right in front of me. I was shocked the cm didn't say anything, so I said something to him.

Per Guest Relations, there is no eating or drinking on attractions. I'm surprised people feel this is changed because there isn't a sign on each and every attraction saying not to do so.
    Ok, that makes more sense now. I was under the impression that they weren't even near you and you just decided to go up and make a comment.

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Now attractions look like the bargain matinee at the local Edwards multiplex. And I've been let on HM with coffee. They said it's ok as long as it has a lid.
    IF you have a problem with it, why are you trying to get on the HM with coffee to begin with? If people know it shouldn't be allowed, shouldn't they set the example and NOT do it?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• keh!

i haven't noticed a problem like that. i've taken snacks, like frozen lemonade on mr. toads, but i never dump it during the ride, i always make sure it goes in a trash can, and i hope everyone else does the same... even though i'm sure they don't.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    IF you have a problem with it, why are you trying to get on the HM with coffee to begin with? If people know it shouldn't be allowed, shouldn't they set the example and NOT do it?
    Sorry. I had one of my moments of hyperbole there. Its just that I remember when you weren't allowed to bring on food and it was strictly enforced.

It is what it is. So I'm not going to let people eating on rides ruin my whole day.

In my case I did ask the CM at the queue entrance if bringing on coffee was ok and he noticed it had a lid so he said its ok because there's a lid on it. I knew I wouldn't be done with it after I went on the ride. Otherwise I would have finished it before going into the queue.

• Senior Monorail Minion

I eat ice cream in the Tiki Room, which is allowed, remember they welcome you to bring drinks and food in as long as you throw it away later. I've brought stuff on the Mark Twain which I don't know whether or not it' allowed. I think I had a soda on either pirates or mansion, but I'm always courteus and throw it waya when I'm done or askd to do so and It's not like I make big slurping sounds or something. I think it's fine as long as you don't cause a problem.

One ride that's really strict on the no food/drink policy is the monorail. They are brutal, but I understand why.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast