Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,343

    Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    Hello freinds! Has anyone had a birthday yet during the new promo at the park and redeemed a gift card or ticket for there b-day? How easy was it to get, where could you use the gift card, could you save the card for use on another trip? Details from a actual user please!
    -Thanks so Much!!!

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    Darn! I just realized this does not start till 2009! Ah shucks.
    Thanks anyways

  3. #3

    • DLR Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    212

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    Hello freinds! Has anyone had a birthday yet during the new promo at the park and redeemed a gift card or ticket for there b-day? How easy was it to get, where could you use the gift card, could you save the card for use on another trip? Details from a actual user please!
    -Thanks so Much!!!

    I can shed some light on this...

    It SHOULD be VERY easy to do-- as long as you register on the site, first. You're supposed to get an email a couple weeks before your birthday, so you can pick what option you'd like to get for your birthday.

    I can tell you that the gift card MUST be used completely on the day of your birthday, and can be used for pretty much anything other than food or drink (which I personally think is stupid.. ).

  4. #4

    • Thanks, Ollie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    283

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    I can tell you that the gift card MUST be used completely on the day of your birthday, and can be used for pretty much anything other than food or drink (which I personally think is stupid.. ).
    It's not stupid, it keeps the park from losing money. A hefty chunk of Disneyland's income comes straight from food and beverage sales.


  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,343

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    I can shed some light on this...

    It SHOULD be VERY easy to do-- as long as you register on the site, first. You're supposed to get an email a couple weeks before your birthday, so you can pick what option you'd like to get for your birthday.

    I can tell you that the gift card MUST be used completely on the day of your birthday, and can be used for pretty much anything other than food or drink (which I personally think is stupid.. ).
    I don't think you can use the card for tickets or upgrades as well. It looks like only merchandise from select DisneyLand shops and World of Disney are eligible and I am sure there are caveats for that as well. I wonder if we could just take use the extra ticket and bring a friend along instead?

  6. #6

    • Artsy Fartsy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    790

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    I was hoping to use this to renew my AP in January. I have a 3 day park hopper that I was going to use in combination with the free birthday ticket. I guess that takes care of that!!!


    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

  7. #7

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    This promotion doesn't start until January 1st...right? So I don't think anyone can actually have used it yet.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  8. #8

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    I wonder if we could just take use the extra ticket and bring a friend along instead?
    No, if you opt for either free admission on your exact Birthday, or the alternative "free ticket" if you have an AP or Multi-Day ParkHopper from a vacation package, that ticket will have your name on it, and the CM's are suppose to check your ID when using it. Also has no value towards upgrading to an AP.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  9. #9

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    Like everyone else in the world, I haven't had that free birthday trip yet...but I did just sign up for it! I really, really hope I'm not gonna be busy when that special day rolls around...


  10. #10

    • Walt Disney Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    453

    Re: Free Birthday ticket/gift card promo, has anyone redeemed one yet?

    All my families birthdays are in the middle of the week and of course school gets in the way.

    We will still be going up there for a free gift card but I wish it was on a weekend so we could spend a full day up there
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] When Ticket Prices Go Up, Does The AP B-Day Gift Card Value Go Up Too?
    By Abominable Snowman in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 05:28 AM
  2. [Question] AP Birthday Gift Card
    By TikiRoomLiz in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 09:34 PM
  3. Disneyland Free Gift Card Offer
    By Fairy Godmother Travel in forum So. Cal. Travel Planning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 08:43 AM
  4. Disneyland Free Gift Card Offer
    By Fairy Godmother Travel in forum So. Cal. Travel Planning
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 06:18 AM
  5. Free $10 Disney Gift Card
    By SoCal in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 08:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •