Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Indiana Jones Ride Three Doors

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh....... o k, I got it now, thanks BG!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    THAT'S the one that I am looking for!! Thanks, Kritter!

• =)

Thanks for posting the image, Kritter. =) The only real inaccuracy its creator included was the way the moving walls go all the way up to the walls with the doors - there's a gap in real life. But that's not crucial to understanding the effect.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by BurtGummer View Post
    Warning: Spoilers and potentially mind boggling explanations follow.

Pretty much everyone who posted before me is right, but I'll clarify ....
    Quick question. If the lead-in to the chamber doors move as you describe - then please explain how the pivoting walls don't interfere with the track on the floor that veers off to the left at this same area. The area? (do you know where that track leads? ) That rarely noticed track never changes position. If the walls before the door pivoted - they would run over that rail. How is this accomplished? The only way I can think of is if that track that goes left does so just before the pivot point. Anyone have actual technical drawings?

Datameister - I understand you to say there is only one chamber which is what I was saying. It is what happens from the turn and stop - to the chamber entry that is the crux...
    Last edited by Sambo; 11-03-2008 at 07:14 PM.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I love reading threads like this, mainly because im the most tech-phobic person alive. I havent been so confused since I was forced to take Trigonometry in HS.

Carry on...

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Quick question. If the lead-in to the chamber doors move as you describe - then please explain how the pivoting walls don't interfere with the track on the floor that veers off to the left at this same area. The area? (do you know where that track leads? ) That rarely noticed track never changes position. If the walls before the door pivoted - they would run over that rail. How is this accomplished? The only way I can think of is if that track that goes left does so just before the pivot point. Anyone have actual technical drawings?

Datameister - I understand you to say there is only one chamber which is what I was saying. It is what happens from the turn and stop - to the chamber entry that is the crux...
    Are you talking about the track switch which leads to staging and the maintenance bay? I'm not talking about those walls.....grr its hard to explain! Let's see..... Ok, we make our first right hand turn and we are presented with the 3 doors. After you make that turn, and are traveling straight, towards the chosen "door", you can look left and right, and see two doors which look like the same ones which are used in front of you (the fake ones used for the effect). These doors hide the gap taking place in the room. Let me see if I can find a picture for you, because I completely understand how confusing it is.

• =)

Simple - that maintenance track comes before the pivoting walls. When you're facing the mirrors at the beginning of the ride, the track goes right through that spot, through doors beyond, into a vehicle staging area. If you follow the main track, you turn 90 degrees to the right and then enter the room with the pivoting walls.

• Senior Minion

I told you guys, here's how it really works. The door on the right is proped open, you go thru and that's it. Nothing moves, there's no different rooms, you're all suffering from a mass haloucination.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Nill

huh?

Ill drink to that...

• E T1CK3T

Such a simple question turned into the technical discussion of the century... Ah, the beauty of opinions.

From what I'm reading, all three of you (Data, Burt, and Sambo) seem to be right in some way, at least from the knowledge that I've always understood about the Chamber of Destiny and Hall of Promise.

Maybe some screen shots of your models would come in handy, Burt and Data?

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    Maybe some screen shots of your models would come in handy, Burt and Data?
    I don't have enough of that area completed for shots of it to be useful, but Burt did post a couple of his very informative videos about it.

• Down Pluto!

Are you talking about the track switch which leads to staging and the maintenance bay? I'm not talking about those walls.....grr its hard to explain! Let's see..... Ok, we make our first right hand turn and we are presented with the 3 doors. After you make that turn, and are traveling straight, towards the chosen "door", you can look left and right, and see two doors which look like the same ones which are used in front of you (the fake ones used for the effect). These doors hide the gap taking place in the room. Let me see if I can find a picture for you, because I completely understand how confusing it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Simple - that maintenance track comes before the pivoting walls. When you're facing the mirrors at the beginning of the ride, the track goes right through that spot, through doors beyond, into a vehicle staging area. If you follow the main track, you turn 90 degrees to the right and then enter the room with the pivoting walls.

My confusion was with explaining where the walls move - I was misinterpreting and explaining it badly. The section before the mirrors does not move. The Chamber (only one) does not move, nor does it's actual door. Sequence of events:

Forward toward the mirrors as the staging area in question is moved (sides and piece over the doors) - then the turn to the right facing the short corridor before the solitary chamber that you go into. You have just passed the service track. What lay between you and the chamber door is the area in question. This is where the walls and over the door sections have just moved previously - giving the illusion of a door either to the right, center, or left that opens. The reality is the same door to the same room we call a "chamber" always opens. We think it is different because of the relative position of the walls uncovering the other bogus doors. Inside the solitary chamber, the effect of being in a different room is done primarily with scrims and lighting.

I think I have stated what I was saying with more clarity, and I think we are saying fundamentally the same thing are we not?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I told you guys, here's how it really works. The door on the right is proped open, you go thru and that's it. Nothing moves, there's no different rooms, you're all suffering from a mass haloucination.
    I believe you may be closer to the truth than you think...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Nill

Forward toward the mirrors as the staging area in question is moved (sides and piece over the doors) - then the turn to the right facing the short corridor before the solitary chamber that you go into.
    That's got me confused. Nothing over the staging doors movies, if thats what you meant. After the right turn is where a multitude of doors and walls move. Did you see the video I posted?

But yea, I think we are all saying the same thing, we just suck at explaining it to each other, haha.

• E T1CK3T

But yea, I think we are all saying the same thing, we just suck at explaining it to each other, haha.
    That's what I said! :oD

• =)

Forward toward the mirrors as the staging area in question is moved (sides and piece over the doors) - then the turn to the right facing the short corridor before the solitary chamber that you go into. You have just passed the service track. What lay between you and the chamber door is the area in question. This is where the walls and over the door sections have just moved previously - giving the illusion of a door either to the right, center, or left that opens. The reality is the same door to the same room we call a "chamber" always opens. We think it is different because of the relative position of the walls uncovering the other bogus doors. Inside the solitary chamber, the effect of being in a different room is done primarily with scrims and lighting.
    Correct. Although for clarity, I recommend referring to the "short corridor" as the Chamber of Destiny, and the "solitary chamber that you go into" as the Hall of Promise. (Actually, the Chamber of Destiny isn't even that short...it's more than half the length of the Hall of Promise.)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast