Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Indiana Jones Ride Three Doors

Wow. Its not?? I thought it was. It looks as good as the holograms they have in the HM of the waltzing ballroom guests...

Your being sarcastic.... right? -__-

• Regularly Confused

Someone start a thread called, "Favorite Holograms in Disneyland" to discuss and list our favorite attraction holograms in the park. That would be an awesome topic.

In any case years ago I can remember going on IJA again and again trying to figure out when the tracks 'reconnected'. It was frustrating me to no end and then the answer came to me when I finally realized how shifted the room looked when you 'go through one of the side doors'. It's pure genius and works so well. So I can understand why it continues to befuddle many.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I did see the video you posted and the game video shows the doors not moving. I still contend the doors don't move - just the walls and sculpture over the doors move. In the news video - News 8 :: KFMB Stations, San Diego, California

..at 48 seconds to 1 minute in, it clearly shows them cycling the Chamber of Destiny - the indicators over the door move while the chamber door remains unmoving and open. Your game video shows the doors not moving, and I believe they are indeed stationary - with the only the walls and band over the doors moving.

I believe the news footage illustrates this as well.
    What see on the video is the Name chanmber band over the door and walls move.
    the door open that you go into do not move.
    also the is a tube track under the floor.
    It it easy move stuff around the track then the tube track.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• I'm not really here

Yes, the shifting "doors" effect is one of the most amazingly simple, yet astoundingly effective effects WDI has ever created. Indy is truly a technical and artistic tour de force, one of the greatest attractions ever.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by atbsfire View Post
    Your being sarcastic.... right? -__-
    Clearly you've never met me...lol
    yes, sarcasm .

Haha ok XD

• =)

You people just want me to explode, doncha?

Yes, the shifting "doors" effect is one of the most amazingly simple, yet astoundingly effective effects WDI has ever created. Indy is truly a technical and artistic tour de force, one of the greatest attractions ever.
    Agreed wholeheartedly, mycroft. That and the rolling boulder...two incredible, innovative effects that totally improve the experience and invariably baffle guests.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    You people just want me to explode, doncha?

Agreed wholeheartedly, mycroft. That and the rolling boulder...two incredible, innovative effects that totally improve the experience and invariably baffle guests.
    Did you ever hear the story of how they came up with the rolling boulder effect? If not I'll post it here if people would be interested. As told by Tony Baxter himself no less.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Did you ever hear the story of how they came up with the rolling boulder effect? If not I'll post it here if people would be interested. As told by Tony Baxter himself no less.
    I don't think I have! Do tell!

• Done waiting!!

Another portion of the illusion involves the mirrors you face during the seatbelt check. While you sit there you can see the chamber and the jeep in front of you entering its chosen door. As soon as the jeep enters the hall those mirrors tilt so that the jeep at the seatbelt check cannot see the chamber while the walls move. As soon as the effect is set the mirrors tilt back down, allowing you to see into the chamber once again.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Nill

The mirrors actually don't serve that purpose, or at least I don't think so. They do move, of course, but they move laterally. The room is dark enough that when no lights are on, you can't see the room in the mirrors.

I have a theory as to what they do, and why they move though. Because of the fact that the Chamber of Destiny works the way it does, you need to always be able to see the 3 doors. If the mirror was stationary, and you could see the 3 doors in the "earthy riches" setup, then well, that would be fine. But then lets say the room rotated clockwise. You would only see 2 doors, and on one side you would just see blackness, or maybe a slightly visible wall. So, the mirrors rotate so 3 doors are always visible.

That's my theory, and I have no idea if thats actually why. It just seems the most logical reason to me.

Mycroft- PLEASE post that story! I had no idea there was even one. Do share! For a wild guess, does it involve drive in carwashes? I had a similar experience a few years ago......

Well, this thread has had enough people explaining the system of the ride, but I have this little Flash diagram I made a while ago that'll hopefully add a bit of visual aid to the comments

Chamber of Destiny - Putfile.com

Eagerly awaiting the massive boulder thread

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Unimagineer View Post
    Well, this thread has had enough people explaining the system of the ride, but I have this little Flash diagram I made a while ago that'll hopefully add a bit of visual aid to the comments

Chamber of Destiny - Putfile.com

Eagerly awaiting the massive boulder thread
    Beautiful work!

• Nill

Woah, very nice! Thats much easier for people to understand yours than the other i would think.

Now my nitpicky side. Take no offense though!

The walls don't have their own pivot points. They have a central pivot point which is located above the entrance to the entire chamber of destiny. Reason being is that the walls have the "windshield wiper" effect as I call it if they have their own pivot points, and the walls would have to change lengths to match up with the fake doors.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast