Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

• =)

Re: Indiana Jones Ride Three Doors

Quote Originally Posted by jackskeleton1015 View Post
    In your PS remark why would it move forward if the illusion is trying to make you seem like your going backwards
    At that point, you're no longer "going backwards."

• Walt Disney Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    At that point, you're no longer "going backwards."
    got it so you have to go somewhere which is down "to dodge the boulder"
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by jackskeleton1015 View Post
    got it so you have to go somewhere which is down "to dodge the boulder"
    Yup.

• Nill

Yea, as the room starts slowing down from moving forward, the EMV begins lurching forward very slowly. You won't notice this unless your sitting on the front right where there is a stationary reference point.

Forgot to mention too......When the scene is still resetting while a new EMV is coming in, it does feel like you are going much faster because the room is resetting backwards. So, if the EMVs are dispatched at the minimum interval, it is likely that will happen. A 'normal' person wouldn't be able to tell, but it definately happens.

I'm a little late to the party here, but to chime in just slightly with the boulder effect, as I have understood it, both the cave itself and the boulder are on sort of a piston-like thing to move them forward and backwards pretty much constantly. When the transport turns into the room and "pulls up" under Indy, I was told that you actually stop and Indy "pulls up to you." As soon as he arrives under you, the rooms starts reversing and and ball starts "rolling" toward you.

The ball does reset in darkness behind the scene still getting pulled back as Indy gets pulled forward to you. After you have tried the backwards thing and saw that it isn't going to work, the transport "changes directions" (AKA starts moving forward) at the same time that the room starts resetting forward, meaning the next transport can slip into the room just seconds after the first one leaves, keeping the effect moving very quickly.

So, while in theory that awesome animation is just about right, the boulder and the cave basically never stop moving.

Also technically, while the transport movement isn't in the animation the transport is tilted slightly backwards so that you cannot see the dip in the track. It also greatly enhances the feeling of the drop by having extended itself upwards more, so when the "drop" happens not just is the transport
    going down the dip in the track, but also a physical drop of a couple feet.

Finally, about the mirrors at the start, they are a lightly referenced story element. The idea was that the mirrors would allow you to see that the transport ahead of you was okay, and they were supposed to give you an idea of what it was that you couldn't look at as you went through. The reality of the situation though is that they are really there to enhance the 'different doors' effect, although I doubt many people notice them doing that at all. It took a cast member pointing them out to me before I understood what they did, and I still rarely notice it.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BurtGummer View Post
    When the scene is still resetting while a new EMV is coming in, it does feel like you are going much faster because the room is resetting backwards. So, if the EMVs are dispatched at the minimum interval, it is likely that will happen. A 'normal' person wouldn't be able to tell, but it definately happens.
    This really through me off once early on when I rode it, because I didn't feel a speed up yet suddenly it looked much faster. This was one of the first things that clued me in to how this was going on. After that I started paying a LOT more attention.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan View Post
    I'm a little late to the party here, but to chime in just slightly with the boulder effect, as I have understood it, both the cave itself and the boulder are on sort of a piston-like thing to move them forward and backwards pretty much constantly. When the transport turns into the room and "pulls up" under Indy, I was told that you actually stop and Indy "pulls up to you." As soon as he arrives under you, the rooms starts reversing and and ball starts "rolling" toward you.

The ball does reset in darkness behind the scene still getting pulled back as Indy gets pulled forward to you. After you have tried the backwards thing and saw that it isn't going to work, the transport "changes directions" (AKA starts moving forward) at the same time that the room starts resetting forward, meaning the next transport can slip into the room just seconds after the first one leaves, keeping the effect moving very quickly.

So, while in theory that awesome animation is just about right, the boulder and the cave basically never stop moving.

Also technically, while the transport movement isn't in the animation the transport is tilted slightly backwards so that you cannot see the dip in the track. It also greatly enhances the feeling of the drop by having extended itself upwards more, so when the "drop" happens not just is the transport
    going down the dip in the track, but also a physical drop of a couple feet.

Finally, about the mirrors at the start, they are a lightly referenced story element. The idea was that the mirrors would allow you to see that the transport ahead of you was okay, and they were supposed to give you an idea of what it was that you couldn't look at as you went through. The reality of the situation though is that they are really there to enhance the 'different doors' effect, although I doubt many people notice them doing that at all. It took a cast member pointing them out to me before I understood what they did, and I still rarely notice it.
    Well, the room and boulder do stop moving. In most cases its only for a few seconds, but they aren't constantly moving. The room is usually reset by the time he next EMV turns the corner, but like I said earlier, if they are dispatched at the minimum interval, you will be arriving in the room as its finishing its reset. Usually the lights are dimmed down so its hard to tell.

As the EMV dives below the boulder, the room is beginning its reset sequence. I think it starts resetting at a about when the back wheels get 1/4 way down the hill.

Recently, the strobe lights keep misfiring (show misfires) when the next EMV is entering the scene. This illuminates the boulder before you even get under Indy, and you can see it sliding back into position.

• Walt Disney Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    This really through me off once early on when I rode it, because I didn't feel a speed up yet suddenly it looked much faster. This was one of the first things that clued me in to how this was going on. After that I started paying a LOT more attention.
    Yeah I just realized that it does seem like your going faster

Also we rode once and Indy's soundtrack was mest up and when we got there he was almost done with his little speech
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789