Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Most emotional aspects of Disneyland

For some; it might be walking through the main gate, down mainstreet, a specific ride. For me it's always been a toss-up, the parades have always put a lump in my throat, it's so warm and inviting. Exciting. The fireworks show most certainly evokes emotion in me, especially the finale, it's fabulous! I love watching my video recording of the night-time version of the parade I made, it just gives me such comfort. I never get tired of watching it.

I can be a very sentimental and emotional person regarding my family and events we've enjoyed together, at Disneyland, especially!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: Most emotional aspects of Disneyland

For me Fantasmic and fireowrks gives me a lump in my throat...Electric Parade too!
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Imagineer in training

Bringing first time visitors and seeing their reactions to such a very special place.

• Don't lets be silly! o

I find a huge smile on my face, and a touch of warmth in my heart for so many reasons within Disneyland. Though for me, nothing beats seeing a child's eyes light up while experiencing something so new and unbelievable. They often have this smile which comes across their face as to say "hello world, where have you been hiding."

On the other side of the age spectrum, on a warm night just before the nightly fireworks were about to get underway, I noticed and elderly lady waiting in a wheelchair. She had this at peace look on her face, which really drew my attention. She had family with her, and you could tell there was a lot of love between them. As the fireworks got started, you could see them light up the faces of the many guests watching them (yes, while people are watching the fireworks, I enjoy seeing the smile which they bring to the many guests). Just as the intermission gets underway, I noticed small tears had run down her cheek. I couldn't tell you why, but I could tell you they were tears of happiness from that same smile on her face. I later walked up to their family and learned her name was Judy.

These are my emotional places at Disneyland, found within the hearts and joys of our many guests of all ages. The Disneyland Resort truly is a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.

• =)

My emotions are generally quite positive for nearly all of my time in Disneyland, but it takes a lot more for me to get "emotional" in the sense of becoming teary-eyed or what have you. Seeing families with children having really happy, healthy, fun experiences together in the park is one of 'em. RDCT affects me, too, mostly because of the utter respect it shows for Walt and the things he and the Imagineers have created over the years.

• We Want The Redhead

I'm always okay right up until I walk through the left tunnel on entering the park. then almost by magic, all the deeply wonderful times I have ever spent at the park come flooding back. From my first visit with my now dead parents, to my first visit with my wife, to my first visit with my daughter. That first sight and sound of Main Street brings it all back.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Something about the music used for the parades, Fantasmic, and the fireworks show does a number on me. Anders, the junior miss and I watched the parade on Sunday for the first time in a looong time, and as soon as I heard the music it made me feel like crying. Happy crying, of course.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• DCA FTW!

Fantasmic Ending and RDCT get me a lil choked up. Especially RDCT when my niece saw tinker bell fly over the castle for the first time.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

The Christmas Fireworks, RDCT Fireworks, the sight of the gates, the smell walking into Disneyland, the music they play on main street and a ton of other unique disney experiences!
    Foolish Mortal

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

As has been said..the current fireworks are pretty spectacular, as well as the ending of Fantasmic!.....I am attached also to Big Thunder Trail, and the HM area at night both....the park feels different for me somehow in those areas at nighttime.

• Walt Disney Fan

Fireworks or Coming Down Mainstreet
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Fantasmic does it for me but only a little bit above the fireworks. I hear the music for Fantasmic! and it puts me right there and I'm smiling. (Helps that I have it as a ring tone!)
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

• Super Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I'm always okay right up until I walk through the left tunnel on entering the park. then almost by magic, all the deeply wonderful times I have ever spent at the park come flooding back.
    Which happens to be the point where you see the plaque that reads, "here you leave the world of..." We all know the rest.

Electrical Parade. I think it's mainly the music, and I remember in 1997 when they discontinued it, I had not been there since 1990 so I was seriously bummed.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    For me Fantasmic and fireowrks gives me a lump in my throat...
    Same here. After watching them and hearing the applause, it brings tears to my eyes and a warmth to my heart.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

LeAnn Rimes - Remember When after the fireworks

*sob sob*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast