Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

New 2009 Parade to be called "Celebrate! Party in the Streets"

This is from Screamscape.com

"2009 - Celebrate! Party In The Streets - (11/6/08) I’ve been told that a new parade called Celebrate! Party In The Streets will begin as soon as the winter holiday is over and they retire the Parade of Dreams. The new parade will run twice daily and feature colorful floats featuring Disney characters with banners and ribbons connecting the floats as if in a long chain. The parade is expected to stop several times along the route to “party” with the guests, along with the use of a ton of confetti to be shot from cannons placed along the parade route."

The name of the parade does not mesh in to the Disneyland style i believe, I absolutely hate the name and no doubt the will play the "Dancing in the Streets" song over and over again. To be honest, i'm not looking forward to this new parade. I was really looking forward to it being more like Tokyo's Jubilation parade but it sure does not sound like it at all.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-06-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: changed title and edited hotlinked pic
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• The one, the only...

Re: New 2009 Parade to be called "Celebrate! Party in the Streets"

There is no question that POD needs to be retired to make way for a new parade. I hope that the parade itself is better than the initial name.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• DCA FTW!

If anything, it at least sounds fun
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

It reminds me of the Party Gras parade so im hoping its somewhere near as good.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• I'm not really here

I've been thinking the same thing DL_CRAZE. Hopefully the floats are elegant though. I hope the parade was not done on the cheap. I don't know why, but ever since Mr. Rasulo started making decisions I've been disappointed by cheap things. If they can make the parade floats lavishly decorated, bright and cheerful, full movement and yet still retain the elegance that Disneyland deserves, then they will have been successfull.

Turning the street into a party atmosphere is cool. I'm ok with that. The street sweeper crews are the best in the world so there will be very little "after parade" intrusion. I'm really wanting to see concept art now.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

If this is confirmed it's NEWS, if not it should've received the RUMOR flag.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Senior Minion

I thought that POD was going to stay and that both parades would be going next year.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Anything from Screamscape should have a rumor on it for sure.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

I'm sure the confetti won't last long....it'll probably last a week or two and then be taken out.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

Rumor Alert! Same thing with the Parade of Dreams going away rumors.
    Screamscape never gets everything right the first time.

• A Weather Eye Open

i didn't think this was going to replace POD... i thought it'd be to POD what HSM is to PPP (lawl!acronyms)
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

Yeah, I thought this was just a little street show to bookend the POD performance time.

It is.

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

Please keep in mind, unless Disney has sent out a press release, all other sources are rumors. As with anything Disney, the Disneyland Resort entertainment is subject to change without notice. I'm sure the Disneyland Resort's entertainment department is looking to bring new and amazing things for all who visit the Resort; just as they have in years past.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 11-06-2008 at 02:04 PM.

You sound just like the publicity department, sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast