Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

It was 1997 and I was 26 on my first (and only) trip to Disneyland. I was touring with "Toy Story on Ice" at the time and we were playing Anaheim over Christmas week. A terrible time to experience Disneyland, but my only chance!

I L O V E D it! I spent one whole day there and was only able to experience a few attractions due to the crowds and lines of many hours. That was OK with me, though. I very much enjoy the design of the parks and I loved just soaking up the atmosphere. It had been 12 years since I'd been to Magic Kingdom at WDW and I was hungry to see the original. The park felt quaint to me, yet I loved that it was so compact with so much to see packed in there. I started my day in Adventureland so by nightfall I'd be in Tomorrowland.

I also remember enjoying how every now and then you'd feel pockets of Disneyland's history. It was a nice mix of modern Disney and vintage Disney. I'll never forget the Sleeping Beauty Castle's walk-thru. I loved that and felt like I'd been transported back to the 50s! I also remember feeling like I'd discovered something. I was the only person in the walk-thru at the time, and if I remember correctly, the door to enter the dioramas was a bit off to the side and a bit off the beaten path.

I'm hopeful that I'll get back to Disneyland sometime '06 to see part of its 50th Anniversary. The photos and articles about Disneyland's refurb for this event are amazing. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it again.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I am one of those people who grew up going. I have had countless annual passes, and I worked there for awhile. I have been there probably close to a thousand times and every one always thought I would get bored with it and the magic would go away. But I never did and Disneyland is more magical to me today than ever. Now that I live in Minnesota, I am more homesick for Disneyland than anything else back home. And we are taking our first trip back since moving this week and we are taking our almost 3 year old son this Friday!! I am so excited!!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• This Maid Loves it!!

I was like 2 years old..and I remembered I was wearing overalls, and getting lost by the planters near the Plaza Pavilion!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I went for the first time when I was 5 and went annually after that. But, one of my bestest bestest bestest friends went for the first time in 2003 on DL's birthday, with me . She grew up going to WDW so we shared a love of Disney and since her birthday is DL's birthday we arranged it for her 30th birthday. It was also the first time me met IRL, we'd been online friends since we were both pg with our now 6 year olds! It was such a wonderful wonderful trip! The topper was we got to go to Club 33 while we were there and celebrate her birthday!! It was sooo awesome! She fell in love with DL and came back last year at almost the same time(a week later)and will be there this year for DL's 50th with me.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

I was about one when I first went then it was a yearly trip with my mother and grandparents(sometimes) in March untill 1996 or so.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

I was 16 on my first trip, so I guess that I was older I took my mum in 2001, so she would have been just shy of 50 on her first trip.

• jkayjs
    Hi all new to these boards. My first trip was in 1975 on my honeymoon I was 22. I had been to WDW on their first birthday so had an idea what to expect. Loved it and have been many times since. Make it to WDW more anymore but still try to go every few years. When our kids were small went all the time. Hope to get back out for the 50th.

i was 8 the first time. Don't really rember alot of it. I do remember being afraid of capiton hook. I loved potc and space moution.

• Que que no-tu-rah.

It was 1999 and I was 27 when I first visited Disneyland. I'll never forget what a magical experience it was for me. I fell instantly in love with the park. I had always loved Disney and had been to WDW 3 times before, but experiencing Disneyland intensified my love of Disney tenfold. Too bad I never got to see the park at it's peak, but there is still no other place like it.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• LoisAlene

Older than What, Boingonut?
    Despite a heroric and long waged childhood war, my first trip to Disneyland occured at the advanced age of 26.
    Yes, I teared up just walking through the gates the first time - and I get teary when we have to say "Bye, Mickey". Every time.
    Is it October YET?!?

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    I was 28 on my first trip to DL. But I'd only been living out here a year. I'd been to WDW twice, though, so it wasn't "Oh wow!" shock but it was so much better than I thought it would be! I bought an AP that same day.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I was about one year old but I dont remember that at all.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• New Waver

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    Older than What, Boingonut?
    Out of High School

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    I was 4. Loved IASW and America Sings. My mom had to suffer with the nightmares I got for a week from HM.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Pimp my Disneyland!

I was 24 on my first trip. But my son was 3 months old so we got to share it together( though I think I remember it better than him I went on a 3 day flex pass(this would have been 7 years ago now.) That wasn't enough! Being in Colorado I only get to go to DL once a year, but now it's for 5 days at a time and it is an annual event-I wouldn't spend my vacation time any other way.

It surprises me how much kids remember. My little girl, who is now four, still remembers things from 2 years ago-she brings up things I had forgotten. I guess it's just the magic of Disneyland at work. See you in August!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast