Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 11/8: WDW Christmas Special filming, Paradise Bay draining, +MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Thanks for that great update, MG. Great shots of Ryan Seacrest and Bolt. I was there on Friday and for the life of me, I can't remember if the construction walls were down on the Plaza Pavilion. I must have walked right past it as my attention was drawn to the castle set up. And on my way out, the band had moved from its usual spot in front of the castle to in front of the hub.

Anyway, thanks for the great shots, and I hope folks also take the time to check out the rest of your update on your Dateline Disneyland blog.
    The "Work Walls" from the Plaza Pavilion were gone on Friday ;D

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 11/8: WDW Christmas Special filming, Paradise Bay draining, +MORE!

Thanks for the great photos! Exciting to see the Pier change.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Don't mess with the duck!

Beautiful pics and great update!

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post

Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland
    ALL QUACKED UP

WOW! We have Huey, Dewey, and Louie now. I would love to meet these guys and get my picture taken with them.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Thanks for the update!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Thanks for sharing!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    WOW! We have Huey, Dewey, and Louie now. I would love to meet these guys and get my picture taken with them.
    I think they were only there for a promotional picture. There are three brothers (Jonas and Duck):

Nick Jonas - Huey
    Joe Jonas - Dewey
    Kevin Jonas - Louie

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Don't care for the Jones brother don't like them. I hope they bring them out this Christmas. And I mean the Ducks not the Jones.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's View Post
    Don't care for the Jones brother don't like them. I hope they bring them out this Christmas. And I mean the Ducks not the Jones.
    I'm saying that it is probably ONLY a promotional picture so Hewey Duey and Louie will probably not make it out in the parks.

I understand why the picture is with The nephews.
    3 Jonas Bros.
    3 Duck Bros.

• Goofy

great trip report.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Great photo update, MasterGracey! The Paradise Pier Lagoon looks a little eerie with the water level that low. But I'm just as eager as everyone else to see the construction for the World of Color. Thanks for all the photos!!!

• VFX Artist & Dark Lord

MasterGracey,

Thanks for the great report and photos.

My kids asked me yesterday where does all that water go when Disney drains a big lagoon like that. I didn't have an answer for them. I hadn't really thought about it until they asked.

So...where does it go? Just down the drain?

How long will it take to drain and how long will it take to fill again later? Anyone know how much water the lagoon holds? Come on, help a dad look smart for his kids.

Ryan Seacrest and Corbin Bleu at Disneyland for the 2008 Christams Day Parade taping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=dIKXMpTS6VY

• ...TWO BITS!

Why do people blame WDI? They have a budget to follow from higher-ups... right?

Anyways, seems like they clean the concrete exposed from the lagoon draining every night. There used to be a lot of scum, hats, sunglasses, phones, etc. Now it's all gone.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Anyways, seems like they clean the concrete exposed from the lagoon draining every night. There used to be a lot of scum, hats, sunglasses, phones, etc. Now it's all gone.
    This is inline with previous comments about keeping the facelift from being bad show. So long as they don't put up walls, the night shift will have their work cut out for them with regard to getting the newly-exposed portions of the bay cleaned up for the next day.

I don't know about putting construction walls all around the bay as that would require a ridiculous amount of wall. I wouldn't be surprised to see some serious tarp/scaffolding combos appear (similar to what covers buildings on Main Street during construction) to cover up the installation of WoC, though.
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. twurl
    Refback This thread
    11-13-2008, 05:10 PM
  2. 11-12-2008, 06:20 AM
  3. 11-11-2008, 01:12 PM
  4. 11-11-2008, 05:14 AM
  5. 11-10-2008, 01:01 AM
  6. 11-09-2008, 07:53 AM