Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 11/8: WDW Christmas Special filming, Paradise Bay draining, +MORE!

Just a quick photo update from November 8...

WALT DISNEY WORLD CHRISTMAS DAY SPECIAL
    Filming for the Disneyland portion of the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade took place on Main Street. MiceChatter PEZZ Lightyear woke up early to catch the Jonas Brothers perform in front of the castle, you can see photos and video in his great report here: Jonas Brothers Live at Disneyland - 11/8/08

Ryan Seacrest was filming on the stage in Town Square as the parade rolled down Main Street in segments behind him...

The Bolt pre-parade float made an appearance.

The Castle's snow overlay is mostly complete - or at least complete enough for the film crews today.

PLAZA PAVILION UNCOVERED
    The Plaza Pavilion has lost all of its construction walls and paint tarps. It looks great, and the nice, big patio is once again open for guests to take a rest on and pin trade at.

Work continues inside...

WASHED UP
    As the holidays move into California Adventure...

...Paradise Pier's makeover is picking up speed...

Paradise Bay is emptying more and more every day...

This water draining into the bay seems to be counter-productive, no?

Blue tarps up on the Games of the Boardwalk

And as scaffolding climbs higher up around the Sun Wheel...

...The entire Sun Wheel marquee has been removed completely.

Alright... that should do it. See you on Friday for Dateline Disneyland.
    Thanks for reading
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 11-09-2008 at 01:56 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 11/8: WDW Christmas Special filming, Paradise Bay draining, +MORE!

Thanks for that great update, MG. Great shots of Ryan Seacrest and Bolt. I was there on Friday and for the life of me, I can't remember if the construction walls were down on the Plaza Pavilion. I must have walked right past it as my attention was drawn to the castle set up. And on my way out, the band had moved from its usual spot in front of the castle to in front of the hub.

Anyway, thanks for the great shots, and I hope folks also take the time to check out the rest of your update on your Dateline Disneyland blog.

• E T1CK3T

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 11/8: WDW Christmas Special filming, Paradise Bay draining, +MORE!

Sweet! A Dateline Disneyland on a Sunday morning! Great shots, MasterGracey. Thanks for the update! :oD

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Vey sweet update, Master Gracey. Thanks for sharing. The water level for the lagoon is becoming lower and lower everytime I see it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Fantastic pictures!! Its going to be a bit strange looking when all of the water is out of the pier. And I'm one of the people who will actually miss the "sun" from the Sun Wheel.

Thanks for the great shots!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sock Puppet

Awesome pics! Such clarity!

Thanks!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

This was great. Good to see so many reports starting to be put up from yesterdays filming. Maybe next year I'll make it down for that.

So good to see the Plaza Pavilion back. I love to sit up there and wait for the fireworks show.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Nice work MG!

Here's one of DL's official photos:

Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland
    ALL QUACKED UP

The Jonas Brothers met up with another famous set of siblings while taping the "Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade" at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., on Saturday. Nick, 16, Joe, 19, and Kevin, 21, greeted fans and posed with Donald Duck's nephews – Huey, Dewey, and Louie! The parade, which Miley Cyrus and Corbin Bleu are also in, will air Dec. 25.
    Star Tracks - Monday, November 10, 2008 - ALL QUACKED UP - Joe Jonas, Jonas Brothers, Kevin Jonas, Nick Jonas : People.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Thanks MG!

I think it's time that they put up construction walls around Paradise Bay. Maybe they can make the contruction walls have pictures of various beaches along California coasts with a mix-in of World of Color Concept art.

Also wouldn't it look bad to have Mickey's Fun Wheel open with an empty Bay?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Thanks MG!

I think it's time that they put up construction walls around Paradise Bay. Maybe they can make the contruction walls have pictures of various beaches along California coasts with a mix-in of World of Color Concept art.

Also wouldn't it look bad to have Mickey's Fun Wheel open with an empty Bay?
    The amount of construction walls they'd need to surround Paradise Bay would be ridiculous. I've heard that Disney isn't going to bother putting up walls around the Bay, and that's fine by me. It might be bad show to a certain extent, but I think Disney is being as honest as they can with the DCA makeover, and its pretty evident that they're admitting their screw up and doing the park right this time -- and I think guests are starting to get that.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad there aren't walls -- it'll help us track the World of Color and Fun Wheel boardwalk construction a bit easier.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    The amount of construction walls they'd need to surround Paradise Bay would be ridiculous. I've heard that Disney isn't going to bother putting up walls around the Bay, and that's fine by me. It might be bad show to a certain extent, but I think Disney is being as honest as they can with the DCA makeover, and its pretty evident that they're admitting their screw up and doing the park right this time -- and I think guests are starting to get that.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad there aren't walls -- it'll help us track the World of Color and Fun Wheel boardwalk construction a bit easier.
    agreed.

• Lowering Expectations

It was amazing to see how many changes were made at Disneyland from Thursday to Friday - garlands appeared everywhere from the castle to the Golden Gate, television equipment and stages set up, the Plaza Pavilion opened up, and the santa hat was added to the clock on the small world facade.

Thanks for the update Andy. The holidays are fast approaching!
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Speaking of that, will you be getting construction photos from the same spot each time? Or at least some of them. It's always great to have before and after pictures, at least, but best to have a series, so you can see the change of a particular area.

Good work!

its pretty evident that they're admitting their screw up and doing the park right this time
    They're doing the park better, but I wouldn't say that they're doing the park right. If the end result is a park that is still called Disney's California Adventure, then they will have screwed up exactly like they did the first time, only with more funding and the benefit of hindsight this time. WDI is gutless.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Thanks for this!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. twurl
    Refback This thread
    11-13-2008, 05:10 PM
  2. 11-12-2008, 06:20 AM
  3. 11-11-2008, 01:12 PM
  4. 11-11-2008, 05:14 AM