Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80
  1. #31

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,123
    Sounds like Disney wants to cash in on the summer water action. All these water parks on a hot day can have people visiting the water parks instead.
    With only Splash Mountain and Grizzley at DCA, people can get pretty overheated. I hate the idea myself, but I can see them wanting something with water in Disneyland. sprinklers would do actually, like they had in Tomorrow Land. and near bugs life in DCA.

  2. #32

    • Look not into the eyes...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    1) The third gate has been green-lighted and yes, it is a water park themed after Pooh's hundred acre woods (the CM was very upset about losing their parking lot)

    This will never happen. It may be a water park but the Hundred Acre Woods thing is absurd.


    3) There is a big planned expansion of the Frontierland area as well as Adventureland (where, I have no idea).

    Al said Frontierland was going to get 3 rides at one point. I don't know where they'd go but I guess I can see that. Adventureland, however, is full.

    Seems to me you've got a whole island in the middle of Frontierland to expand onto. Not to mention the indian village area

  3. #33

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara
    Seems to me you've got a whole island in the middle of Frontierland to expand onto. Not to mention the indian village area
    umm

    if I'm not mistaken the Indian Village has long since become Critter Country

    I think you mean the Festival of Fools

  4. #34

    • Look not into the eyes...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    umm

    if I'm not mistaken the Indian Village has long since become Critter Country

    I think you mean the Festival of Fools

    Actuallly, I was talking about the area where the Indian village is now on the river, it can be seen from the Columbia or Mark Twain. There really is quite a bit of land back that way.

  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    Am I the only one who is very unhappy with a water park? Soak City is right down the street practically. It's so not needed! Besides, There is no way Im going to swim with pooh!
    LOL at "swim with pooh!" But I would be happy with a water park. I'm not a SoCal resident, only a visitor. Both of WDW's water parks are great. I love their themes: each the exact opposite of the other. I don't like the Hundred Acre theme. No idea where the water park could go out there. Not sure about the "beach" theme. I hear people complain about DCA being a "California-theme" park in California. Are there enough real beaches people could go to instead? However, tieing it in with Paradise Pier might make sense. Where exactly are they thinking of building it (in reference to DL and DCA)? A tropical/pirate theme or a futuristic/jules verne theme or a winter/summer-land theme? Those I would like. I know its been said before but this could be that whole villians theme! Anything but a kiddie theme!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09





  6. #36

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    400
    It sounds like utter BS to me, but the idea of spending all that money on a water park really irks me.

  7. #37

    • punkndrublic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    56
    sounds like BS to me too, I was a life guard a water park for a while and the "swim wih pooh" pretty much applies to any water park.
    Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!

  8. #38

    • wasting time
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Hello all,
    Not sure how reliable this info is but I got it from a CM this past Saturday
    who said:
    1) The third gate has been green-lighted and yes, it is a water park themed after Pooh's hundred acre woods (the CM was very upset about losing their parking lot)
    2) The Subs will not only have a Nemo theme but incorporate Ariel as well.
    3) There is a big planned expansion of the Frontierland area as well as Adventureland (where, I have no idea).

    There you have it!
    1) There are no plans for a third gate & there will continue to be no plans for a third gate until the second gate is fixed.

    2) To the best of my knowledge the Finding Nemo version of the subs will only feature characters from Finding Nemo.

    3) There are different ideas for adding new attractions to Frontierland but none have been approved yet. No word on anything for Adventureland.

  9. #39

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion


    1) There are no plans for a third gate & there will continue to be no plans for a third gate until the second gate is fixed.

    2) To the best of my knowledge the Finding Nemo version of the subs will only feature characters from Finding Nemo.

    3) There are different ideas for adding new attractions to Frontierland but none have been approved yet. No word on anything for Adventureland.
    Here is my responce to the responce... because no body is saying anything I might as well step up and provide a little argument...

    1) How can they expect to fix a second gate when the tomorrowland isn't fixed? So a third gate is perfectly reasonable addition to fix the parks and actually attracet people to DCA... Particularly if it is the goal of Glendale to make the "California Resort" a multi-day resort, keeping travelers on property... To do this you need a) a third gate, b) "on property" value motels, and c) a vacation club expansion. This way corporate can say they added capital improvements to the theme parks... Of course, people think I am nuts even for makeing these suggestions...

    2) Don't see why they shouldn't include nods to King Triton and Finding Nemo in the subs... All I care about is that the attraction is fixed... same goes with the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods which need to be fixed... I don't care how, just get it done.

    3.There is a "dead zone" in Frontierland over by Big Thunder Ranch... If I was to work on an expansion of D-land, that is the first place I would go. The attempt to make it the "little patch of Heaven," which is somewhat pathetic is my case in point... The trouble is how do we make the frontier/western palatable to modern audiances?

  10. #40

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,166
    Sheesh! There sure are a lot of upper eschelon Disney employees and/or Imagineers on these boards what with all the "That will never happen" and "There are no plans for that" posts. Unless some of you are non-salaried Disney executives how do know for sure that some of this stuff is not waiting in the wings at Glendale? Sure, the CM I talked too may not have been Matt Ouimet but when she talked of the water park and the subs she looked at a little girl who was standing next to me and said the "Hundred Acre Woods" and "Ariel" stuff so I would not want to think she was lying to a 4 yr old girl.
    Last edited by Disneymike; 02-21-2005 at 04:54 PM.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

  11. #41

    • Hooterville, USA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Haney House
    Posts
    10,176
    How about making a western theme park. It could have a chicken pie shop and............................................... ..

  12. #42

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kirkwood MO
    Posts
    83
    These rumors are just a big load of BS IMHO.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

  13. #43

    • They wanna know, HO!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Sheesh! There sure are a lot of upper eschelon Disney employees and/or Imagineers on these boards what with all the "That will never happen" and "There are no plans for that" posts. Unless some of you are non-salaried Disney executives how do know for sure that some of this stuff is not waiting in the wings at Glendale? Sure, the CM I talked too may not have been Matt Ouimet but when she talked of the water park and the subs she looked at a little girl who was standing next to me and said the "Hundred Acre Woods" and "Ariel" stuff so I would not want to think she was lying to a 4 yr old girl.
    Because we have been around the block, sort of speak, with rumors. We know whats happening, and we know the rumor outlets. Also, we know that CMs are a HORRIBLE source of info.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

  14. #44

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Redondo Beach
    Posts
    5
    I would like to swim with The Little Mermaid...:devil:...which reminds me of the funniest thing I heard a guest say at a parade at DL..."She's not as pretty as the real Ariel" !

  15. #45

    • " Planet of Puddingheads"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the TARDIS
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Because we have been around the block, sort of speak, with rumors. We know whats happening, and we know the rumor outlets. Also, we know that CMs are a HORRIBLE source of info.
    Ok, so when people like HMmaid2001 or Disneychica04 pass on a little info
    we should not take anything they say seriously?
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. can you tell me about the latest toys in disneyland?
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 05:09 PM
  2. Latest you over stayed your welcome @ Disneyland??
    By snappy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 08:09 AM
  3. Request for the Latest Disneyland Resort Maps
    By AlexValve in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 04:51 PM
  4. Latest News/Rumors:Shanghai Disneyland
    By PennysBayChronicle in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 04:10 AM
  5. DCA Rumours
    By dch3 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 10:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •