Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Sounds like Disney wants to cash in on the summer water action. All these water parks on a hot day can have people visiting the water parks instead.
    With only Splash Mountain and Grizzley at DCA, people can get pretty overheated. I hate the idea myself, but I can see them wanting something with water in Disneyland. sprinklers would do actually, like they had in Tomorrow Land. and near bugs life in DCA.

• Look not into the eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    1) The third gate has been green-lighted and yes, it is a water park themed after Pooh's hundred acre woods (the CM was very upset about losing their parking lot)

This will never happen. It may be a water park but the Hundred Acre Woods thing is absurd.

3) There is a big planned expansion of the Frontierland area as well as Adventureland (where, I have no idea).

Al said Frontierland was going to get 3 rides at one point. I don't know where they'd go but I guess I can see that. Adventureland, however, is full.

Seems to me you've got a whole island in the middle of Frontierland to expand onto. Not to mention the indian village area

Quote Originally Posted by Mara
    Seems to me you've got a whole island in the middle of Frontierland to expand onto. Not to mention the indian village area
    umm

if I'm not mistaken the Indian Village has long since become Critter Country

I think you mean the Festival of Fools

• Look not into the eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    umm

if I'm not mistaken the Indian Village has long since become Critter Country

I think you mean the Festival of Fools

Actuallly, I was talking about the area where the Indian village is now on the river, it can be seen from the Columbia or Mark Twain. There really is quite a bit of land back that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    Am I the only one who is very unhappy with a water park? Soak City is right down the street practically. It's so not needed! Besides, There is no way Im going to swim with pooh!
    LOL at "swim with pooh!" But I would be happy with a water park. I'm not a SoCal resident, only a visitor. Both of WDW's water parks are great. I love their themes: each the exact opposite of the other. I don't like the Hundred Acre theme. No idea where the water park could go out there. Not sure about the "beach" theme. I hear people complain about DCA being a "California-theme" park in California. Are there enough real beaches people could go to instead? However, tieing it in with Paradise Pier might make sense. Where exactly are they thinking of building it (in reference to DL and DCA)? A tropical/pirate theme or a futuristic/jules verne theme or a winter/summer-land theme? Those I would like. I know its been said before but this could be that whole villians theme! Anything but a kiddie theme!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Minion

It sounds like utter BS to me, but the idea of spending all that money on a water park really irks me.

• punkndrublic

sounds like BS to me too, I was a life guard a water park for a while and the "swim wih pooh" pretty much applies to any water park.
    Open the blast doors, open the blast doors!

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Hello all,
    Not sure how reliable this info is but I got it from a CM this past Saturday
    who said:
    1) The third gate has been green-lighted and yes, it is a water park themed after Pooh's hundred acre woods (the CM was very upset about losing their parking lot)
    2) The Subs will not only have a Nemo theme but incorporate Ariel as well.
    3) There is a big planned expansion of the Frontierland area as well as Adventureland (where, I have no idea).

There you have it!
    1) There are no plans for a third gate & there will continue to be no plans for a third gate until the second gate is fixed.

2) To the best of my knowledge the Finding Nemo version of the subs will only feature characters from Finding Nemo.

3) There are different ideas for adding new attractions to Frontierland but none have been approved yet. No word on anything for Adventureland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion

1) There are no plans for a third gate & there will continue to be no plans for a third gate until the second gate is fixed.

2) To the best of my knowledge the Finding Nemo version of the subs will only feature characters from Finding Nemo.

3) There are different ideas for adding new attractions to Frontierland but none have been approved yet. No word on anything for Adventureland.
    Here is my responce to the responce... because no body is saying anything I might as well step up and provide a little argument...

1) How can they expect to fix a second gate when the tomorrowland isn't fixed? So a third gate is perfectly reasonable addition to fix the parks and actually attracet people to DCA... Particularly if it is the goal of Glendale to make the "California Resort" a multi-day resort, keeping travelers on property... To do this you need a) a third gate, b) "on property" value motels, and c) a vacation club expansion. This way corporate can say they added capital improvements to the theme parks... Of course, people think I am nuts even for makeing these suggestions...

2) Don't see why they shouldn't include nods to King Triton and Finding Nemo in the subs... All I care about is that the attraction is fixed... same goes with the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods which need to be fixed... I don't care how, just get it done.

3.There is a "dead zone" in Frontierland over by Big Thunder Ranch... If I was to work on an expansion of D-land, that is the first place I would go. The attempt to make it the "little patch of Heaven," which is somewhat pathetic is my case in point... The trouble is how do we make the frontier/western palatable to modern audiances?

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Sheesh! There sure are a lot of upper eschelon Disney employees and/or Imagineers on these boards what with all the "That will never happen" and "There are no plans for that" posts. Unless some of you are non-salaried Disney executives how do know for sure that some of this stuff is not waiting in the wings at Glendale? Sure, the CM I talked too may not have been Matt Ouimet but when she talked of the water park and the subs she looked at a little girl who was standing next to me and said the "Hundred Acre Woods" and "Ariel" stuff so I would not want to think she was lying to a 4 yr old girl.
    Last edited by Disneymike; 02-21-2005 at 04:54 PM.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• Hooterville, USA

How about making a western theme park. It could have a chicken pie shop and............................................... ..

These rumors are just a big load of BS IMHO.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Sheesh! There sure are a lot of upper eschelon Disney employees and/or Imagineers on these boards what with all the "That will never happen" and "There are no plans for that" posts. Unless some of you are non-salaried Disney executives how do know for sure that some of this stuff is not waiting in the wings at Glendale? Sure, the CM I talked too may not have been Matt Ouimet but when she talked of the water park and the subs she looked at a little girl who was standing next to me and said the "Hundred Acre Woods" and "Ariel" stuff so I would not want to think she was lying to a 4 yr old girl.
    Because we have been around the block, sort of speak, with rumors. We know whats happening, and we know the rumor outlets. Also, we know that CMs are a HORRIBLE source of info.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

I would like to swim with The Little Mermaid...:devil:...which reminds me of the funniest thing I heard a guest say at a parade at DL..."She's not as pretty as the real Ariel" !

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Because we have been around the block, sort of speak, with rumors. We know whats happening, and we know the rumor outlets. Also, we know that CMs are a HORRIBLE source of info.
    Ok, so when people like HMmaid2001 or Disneychica04 pass on a little info
    we should not take anything they say seriously?
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast