Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• behind the curtain

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    1) How can they expect to fix a second gate when the tomorrowland isn't fixed? So a third gate is perfectly reasonable addition to fix the parks and actually attracet people to DCA... Particularly if it is the goal of Glendale to make the "California Resort" a multi-day resort, keeping travelers on property... To do this you need a) a third gate, b) "on property" value motels, and c) a vacation club expansion.
    But Tomorrowland is being "fixed", it's just going slowly. They're working on DCA, but it will take time as well. It would be utter idiocy to start work on another theme/water park right now so soon after DCA's abysmal opening. And a good way to keep guests on property is to offer quality, not three parks that are falling apart.

• Minion

I am going to go against the flow and believe a little in the rumors. I'd rather hope that SOMEDAY there'll be some cool attractions added to Disneyland, as opposed to whining about how crappy everything is...

Personally, I would like to see the money used for the "pooh park" put into attractions at DCA. I think with enough freedom and money, Imagineers can make DCA the park everyone from Florida envies!

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Ok, so when people like HMmaid2001 or Disneychica04 pass on a little info
    we should not take anything they say seriously?
    You know what I mean man.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    LOL at "swim with pooh!" But I would be happy with a water park. I'm not a SoCal resident, only a visitor. Both of WDW's water parks are great. I love their themes: each the exact opposite of the other. I don't like the Hundred Acre theme. No idea where the water park could go out there. Not sure about the "beach" theme. I hear people complain about DCA being a "California-theme" park in California. Are there enough real beaches people could go to instead? However, tieing it in with Paradise Pier might make sense. Where exactly are they thinking of building it (in reference to DL and DCA)? A tropical/pirate theme or a futuristic/jules verne theme or a winter/summer-land theme? Those I would like. I know its been said before but this could be that whole villians theme! Anything but a kiddie theme!
    yeah that's true, maybe they could built it indoors and have a temple theme they could have art inspired by Emporers New groove as well as several Indy style features

I still demand it go behind Paridise Pier

now while I don't think that a third gate should come this soon and I hate the idea of it being used as a water park I DO think that Disney should start working on buying up even MORE proporty so that when they do build it it's setup will be awsome

check out this thread for more info
    http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=745

how I think the third gate should be setup

• cleaner of the hook

I would be suprised if this was all true, because there is a lot of money flowing into the park and that is already unusual. Maybe they are feeling out demand.

Would love to see expansions to adventureland and Frontierland. But what about New Orleans Square?

• Waiting for the stork

I'm not real crazy about the water park idea, but I do think imaginears do a great job on just about everything, soI have faith that whatever they do will be really cool.

That being said I would really like to see Westcot or a Disney Quest type area instead of (or in addition to) a water park.

and heck since I'm dreaming how about a value type resort... that they could theme to any charactor, location, or movie they want and if you dont like it stay at one of the other 3 resort hotels....

...and ya know, could they please add something like the Explorers Club or comedy club (I forgot the name) to DTD? Please?

OK enough whining...just my thoughts.......(It would be very cool though)
    procrastibating

• "I don't like the color"

Tinkerbelle said:
    ...and ya know, could they please add something like the Explorers Club or comedy club (I forgot the name) to DTD? Please?
    I wholeheartedly agree with the Adventurers Club idea in DTD!
    Lots of good places to eat but what about after? There is only so much you can buy at the World of Disney store!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The nightime entertainment in DTD is lacking, and its lacking the kind of clubs that Pleasure Island offers in Florida. You hit it right on the head when you pointed to the Comedy Club and and Adventurers Club! After finding out what places were going to be in DTD in Anaheim, I asked the same question, and that was 5 years ago.

Supposedly there was a Phase 2 of DTD that would extend DTD. Perhaps at that time additional clubs would be added. But I really hate the idea of waiting for these additional clubs to open, when you know they would attract additional people and provided additional nightime entertainment. Especially when the parks close early.

• Dread Pirate Roberts #137

I agree...Team Disney has to put up the $$$ to fix DCA before they shell out for a waterpark...right now any waterpark themes are pure speculation at this point. Remember, a few months ago all the CMs were saying that it was going to have an "around the world" theme and last month it was PoTC. So I doubt anything will come out of this for at least a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEarsHeck
    if it's going to happen, why not theme it around ALL the Disney villians? Now that would be awesome!
    Just don't put them in Speedos!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! MY EYES!!!!!
    Trivia: On April Fool's Day 2004, Disneyland guests found -- at the insistence of the board of directors -- the gigantic dragon featured in Fantasmic replaced with a gigantic Roy Disney (leading to a reprimand to the cast member playing Mickey Mouse when he hugged the giant instead of fighting it)

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    Tinkerbelle said:

I wholeheartedly agree with the Adventurers Club idea in DTD!
    Lots of good places to eat but what about after? There is only so much you can buy at the World of Disney store!
    I love the Adventurers Club in PI! Only problems is that I usually get there later in the evening and miss some of the early shows. I agree it would be a great idea for DTD to have one!
    Kungaloosh!
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• something else...

now...what would happen if disney sold all of it's tiny little subsidiaries and put all the money into the things Uncle Walt was in to...IE them parks and animation, and the like. now im sure that after a while the company wont be raking in so much money. but after they invest in the parks and get the disney name up to the size and reputation it should be...

ah, who am i kidding...
    ...but...i can hope right?
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Tell it to Bob Iger. See avatar for full story.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mara
    Seems to me you've got a whole island in the middle of Frontierland to expand onto. Not to mention the indian village area
    And to the left on our relaxing nighttime tour of the Rivers of America is a large show building / spinner ride / both / neither.

They can't really expand onto Tom Sawyer's Island without a bridge, the boats wouldn't cut it for a ride of any reasonable capacity. And, as I said before, I'd prefer that they leave the banks of the Rivers of America relatively "quiet."

I'm betting that the "Woody" expansion's for F/Land are all but confirmed. There is NOTHING extablished or in concrete for the third gate at this stage and won't be for some time.

The "Tentative" plans for a "5th gate" at WDW are slated to be the same for So Cal's 3rd Gate.. A water Park is out of the question - WDW already has 3

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    a) Shouldn't this be in the Disney Rumors thread?

b)I'm still waiting to hear rumors of a Villains-land. It's not like there are no WDI's that read these boards and can't suggest this. grr
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast