Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Anyone else have an anti-Disneyland friend?

And I feel it in my pocket everytime I go. But I love it and keep going and going and spending and spending. Oh I'm a stock holder too!!!!!!

• Grim Grinning

My pocket feels it too but I find a way to make it work so I can get my Disney fix. Gotta renew my AP and move to Anaheim so my pocket won't be so sore after every trip.

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

I got some friends that I wouldn't say are fully anti-Disney but don't really see the need for me to have an annual pass. Some of my friends when they think of Disney they immediately think that its childish. I have tried to incorporate some of them into trips and a couple of them have gone and enjoyed it alot, the others rather go to Six Flags. They tell me that Six Flags is A REAL THEME PARK WITH REAL RIDES! I guess they just don't understand the whole Disney magic and atmosphere as going to the parks isnt just all about the rides for me.

• Ready for takeoff

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Davo View Post
    I don't usually post on Micechat first time for me but this got my attention as a California Native and 20 year military veteran. Tell your friend that I said "are your completely out of your tiny little mind!!!!!!" Lets see, Disney offers the best military discounts to all there resorts to include tickets, cruises, etc... WDW has a military resort on property that rivals the Grand Californian, was the Grand Disney resort prior to Disney leaseing it to the military. Flag retreat ceremony at DL and WDW, hello is anybody home???????

Master Sergeant Disney Davo
    USAF Retired
    Thank you for responding! I was hoping to get a perspective like this.

• okeydokey

I work at an art gallery that works very closely with graffiti and urban artists that have made many public displays and pieces against Disney.

I'm really a closet Disney fan when at work. Needless to say, I left out a certain job from my resume and I just don't think I'll be telling them about my AP any time soon.
    Yay, betrothal!

• Disneyland PAP

Yep, my friend's husband, who's my friend too actually, he's anti-Disney. Never been to Disneyland. Gets anxious going to concerts at the HOB in Downtown Disney with her because it's a Disney property. And only broke down once going into a Disney building, the El Cap, because he's a huge Rolling Stones fan and wanted to join our big group of Disney APs all going to see Pirates 3 together there because Keith Richards was in the flick. He says he prefers Looney Tunes over Disney cartoons, and he generally doesn't get into Disney-type films, with the exception of Pixar films. They recently got married, so we're all hoping they have kids soon so "Dad" will have to buck up when his kid asks, "Daddy, I want you to join us at Disneyland too." We have a feeling that he'll break down then.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by jared_dl1209 View Post
    They tell me that Six Flags is A REAL THEME PARK WITH REAL RIDES!
    Real rides...well, that's subjective. But a real theme park? I'd be highly interested in hearing their analyses of the themes of Six Flags, and why they're so much more in-depth and effective those presented in Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Okay...while I can't imagine finding Disneyland's attractions boring, I can at least understand that they're inevitably not gonna be for everybody. But...too pristine? Too much theme?

What?

I don't understand it either. She told me she doesn't need a park to have a theme or be super clean to enjoy it. She said the themes at Disneyland are overkill, almost tacky.

Again, I can't comprehend that, but whatever. I figured that maybe she hadn't been raised on Disney, so I asked. I was wrong...she has been watching Disney films, and enjoying them, her whole life.

I think she has been to the park with the wrong people. I've tried to convince her to go with me sometime now that I have an AP and there are discount tickets available through our college for her, but she refuses. She says that her $71 is better spent elsewhere.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Real rides...well, that's subjective. But a real theme park? I'd be highly interested in hearing their analyses of the themes of Six Flags, and why they're so much more in-depth and effective those presented in Disneyland.
    To many people, lots of coasters constitutes a good theme park. Scary I know.

I don't understand it either. She told me she doesn't need a park to have a theme or be super clean to enjoy it. She said the themes at Disneyland are overkill, almost tacky.
    Yikes those are some crazy comments. I'd like to know who these weirdos are that don't appreciate a Disney park. Inconceivable!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Let's define the terms. Lots of coasters constitute a good thrill park. Not that that's bad - thrills are fun too. However, the level of craftsmanship in a well-done theme park attraction will trump a skeletal roller coaster any day, and Disney does that on a regular basis. The beauty of Disneyland is that there is so much more than what meets the eye. Some people just don't care to look for it.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post

Yikes those are some crazy comments. I'd like to know who these weirdos are that don't appreciate a Disney park. Inconceivable!!
    "I don't think that word means what you think it means." GAH!! I love that movie!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    "I don't think that word means what you think it means." GAH!! I love that movie!
    LOL I just felt like using that word since I saw that guy on Gossip Girl tonight.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Grim Grinning

I don't watch that show. My lil sis usually does but she passed it up tonight for Zohan.

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Not so much anti-Disney fans, more like anti-me talking about Disney 24/7!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

My mom isn't a huge fan of Disneyland, but she loves Disney movies. I think she's the only one who comes close to Anti-Disneyland. There's no one else that I can think of.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-11-2008, 01:26 AM