Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Anyone else have an anti-Disneyland friend?

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I have a large group of friends who don't like Disney, and are quick to point out the various mistakes made by the company. Usually I just avoid them, but every so often I go to a Meet!
    Am I the only one who got this? That's the most hilarious post in the thread!
    I got what techskip said, but the reference was to those who dislike the Disney company, not Disneyland, which is the topic of the thread. It would have been funnier in the ironic manner intended if the reference were to Disneyland itself. Maybe something like the following would have played better to this crowd:

"I have a large group of friends who constantly grouse about Disneyland, and are quick to point out every little thing that's wrong with it. Usually I just avoid them, but every so often I go to a Meet!"

By the way, from the reaction or relative lack thereof to the original joke, I would infer (even though I really can't ) that people on this forum really do have some amount of dislike for the company but not for Disneyland.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    By the way, from the reaction or relative lack thereof to the original joke, I would infer (even though I really can't ) that people on this forum really do have some amount of dislike for the company but not for Disneyland.
    Or you could infer with questionable accuracy that many users have placed me on their ignore list
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I have a large group of friends who don't like Disney, and are quick to point out the various mistakes made by the company. Usually I just avoid them, but every so often I go to a Meet!
    Heh good job Skip. Best quote of the thread so far. WIN!

Or you could infer with questionable accuracy that many users have placed me on their ignore list
    I wouldn't say that in the case of MiceChat, but all too often in the Jungle Cruise most of the passengers seem to be wondering (of all skippers) "Is he saying something to us? " I guess they paid so much to get in the park that they didn't have enough left over to pay attention!

• Banned User

I think they should improve the sound system on the JC boats, though. If you are not sitting near the driver, sometimes you can't make out what he's saying.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I think they should improve the sound system on the JC boats, though. If you are not sitting near the driver, sometimes you can't make out what he's saying.
    I totally agree--the speakers seem to be those awful-sounding old commercial things that companies always automatically buy for some reason. I'm pretty sure that one can get decent outdoor speakers with adequate built-in amplifiers these days.

• Off to Neverland

My friends aren't anti-disney...they just think I'm crazy! lol

• Grim Grinning

My family thinks I'm crazy for going as often as I do considering how far away we live. They don't understand why I love going so much. I can't yet tell if they are anti-Disneyland or just irritated with how much I talk about everything Disney.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    I wouldn't say that in the case of MiceChat, but all too often in the Jungle Cruise most of the passengers seem to be wondering (of all skippers) "Is he saying something to us? " I guess they paid so much to get in the park that they didn't have enough left over to pay attention!
    That was painful. But it reminds me of a favorite joke I used to use... here's a compliment I received from City Hall for it...

[techskip] was extremely funny. He was hilarious and had all of us laughing despite the fact that only six people on the boat spoke English.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

That was painful. But it reminds me of a favorite joke I used to use... here's a compliment I received from City Hall for it...

[techskip] was extremely funny. He was hilarious and had all of us laughing despite the fact that only six people on the boat spoke English.
    OH GOD! THANKS FOR THAT.

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I've certainly befriended people who are at least unimpressed by anything Disneyland-related...few of them have displayed open contempt for the park or anything, but even that's happened a few times. I've had to learn to keep my tongue under control when visiting places like Six Flags or Great America or the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk with friends...if I shared half of what was going on in my head, they'd ditch me in a flash, I'm sure. (That's not to say I don't try to have a good time.)
    i LOVE the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk! I got married there

and they lived happily ever after

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post

A MAJOR improvement to the sound system should first start with the Skipper's moving the mic away from their mouth!

Too many of them practically have the mic IN their mouth, and their voice gets distorted in the process.

Holding the mic about three inches away from their mouth would make an immediate impact on the quality of the sound.

Just sayin'...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-11-2008, 01:26 AM