Brand New store in the Castle

So the title is pretty self explanatory, but we were in the park last night enjoying bat days and were walking towards the castle when I noticed that some of the construction walls were down and people were in the castle! I started freaking out thinking that they had opened the walk through way early. But when we got there it was just a store.... I thought they closed the store in the castle in order to accomadate those thay couldnt walk through the experience with a alternate viewing room. Does anyone know anything about the store???
    "Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was in vain; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act upon their dreams with eyes wide open, and make it a reality"

"Keep Moving Forward"

"If you think you can't you won't, If you think you can no one can stop you"

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Re: Brand New store in the Castle

Are you sure it isn't just construction for the walk through?
    I noticed this last night too!

• I'm not really here

Can you describe more precisely where this was? Inside the covered castle walkway from the Hub? In the courtyard of the castle? West side, east side?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Can you describe more precisely where this was? Inside the covered castle walkway from the Hub? In the courtyard of the castle? West side, east side?
    I can do that! Its inside the castle itself on the left side of the walkway directly after you cross the drawbridge. The main entrance to the store is right next to what I think is going to be the entrance to the revamped walk through and is across the way (I think cause I cant confirm it in any of my old photos) from where the store in the castle used to be... It is a fairly small store and has plenty of tinkerbell and princess merchandise..
    "Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was in vain; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act upon their dreams with eyes wide open, and make it a reality"

"Keep Moving Forward"

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyJaded View Post
    Are you sure it isn't just construction for the walk through?
    I noticed this last night too!

I am a hundred percent sure, I walked in and they have a cash register and everything!

"Keep Moving Forward"

• ...TWO BITS!

That store on the west side has always been there. A tinkbell store. I think they renamed it just recently.

The one for the handicap access for the walk-through is on the east-side. previously a three fairies crystal shop. last time i checked, the three fairies sign was still up there.

Nothing really new to report I think. construction walls i would think should have still been up to the walk-through's entrance and exit.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• I'm not really here

filmfreak beat me too it. That entrance to the store on the west side is kind of hidden by the drawbridge chains, but it's been there since, oh, as long as I can remember.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Yeah, that's what I thought, didn't it reopen last week along with Pixie Hallow? It's a little strange, they open a new Tink place there and still have the ODV stuff just past the M&G. I think they should have left that shop alone or gave it a SB theme and built a more permanent place to sell Tink stuff nearer to PH.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

That has been a Tinkerbell store for a while. They had some 50th merchandise, during DL's 50th.

It's the store on the right side that closed, most recently it was the Three Fairies Shop. They sold those acrylic cubes with various Disney designs lasar etched in them, and also could take 2d and 3d pictures of peoples faces and embed the silottes in the cubes. Years ago, it use to be the heraldry shop.

Thanks guys! sorry for the silly question but I was to young last time the walkthrough was open to even care to go in so I am paying alot of attention, to much apparently, to everythinng that is happening in the castle.....

Its a really really SMALL store, and is akward to get in and out of...

"Keep Moving Forward"

• Senior Minion

I guess I haven't actually been inside for years. I didn't know it was previously Tink stuff. I guess it makes a little more sense then. I guess I understand why they wouldn't spend the money to build a new Tink store if they already had one so nearby.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Yeah, it is pretty small, but it is a really nice room. It's ornate and the wood work is really good. It's got a cozy feeling to it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    They sold those acrylic cubes with various Disney designs lasar etched in them, and also could take 2d and 3d pictures of peoples faces and embed the silottes in the cubes.
    Those are now in Geppetto's
    Mike

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by NewguY View Post
    I am a hundred percent sure, I walked in and they have a cash register and everything!
    Are you talking about the crystal shop?
    because from I saw the construction walls were around what use to be the entrance or exit to the castle...
    yet the main door to crystal shop that was once there were closed, and not surrounded by walls?

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought, didn't it reopen last week along with Pixie Hallow? It's a little strange, they open a new Tink place there and still have the ODV stuff just past the M&G. I think they should have left that shop alone or gave it a SB theme and built a more permanent place to sell Tink stuff nearer to PH.
    I'm sure it was there during christmas last year because I bought some tinkerbell related stuff there!