Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New (First Time) AP

I just purchased a new AP and had a few questions...

I purchased my AP online and received a little paper card in the mail. I'm assuming this is not my actual AP?

If I'm correct then can someone give me a step by step of what I need to do once I arrive at Disneyland to get the actual AP?

I'll be getting there early on a Saturday morning if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Re: New (First Time) AP

If this is your first time as an AP holder, you will need to go over to the AP service center to get your pic taken. That little paper card should get you in the gate, I believe. I'm sure someone else can verify this. After that, for the following years to come, you just renew online, or at the ticket booth, and you get your updated pass with your existing picture.

• Artsy Fartsy

You need to take the paper you got in the mail to the ticket booths, they will issue you an entry ticket, go through the turnstiles then go to the Main Street Bank to get your picture taken before the day is over.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Senior Minion

Go to ticket booth to get ticket to get in to DL, and then once inside, go to Bank of MS (right side just as you enter) to get actual AP (plastic card).
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

congrats on your AP purchase!

Thanks everyone for the quick replies.

Some are saying that I can get right in with the paper card I have and others are saying I need to go to a ticket booth first. Can anyone clarify this point?

The card I have is paper, about the size of a credit card. It has a picture of Mickey and Goofy (I think) on the front and some disclaimers and a barcode on the back.

Also, my parents purchased 3-day park hopper tickets and have cards that look identical (except for printing on the back that says 3 day park hopper). Are these their actual tickets? Can they go directly to the turnstiles or do they need to go to a tickets booth first?

Thanks again!

• Senior Minion

I'm pretty sure you will all need to go to the ticket booth. All actual tickets also have a magnetic stripe for fastpass, if you don't, it's not an actual admittance media.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

No, when I got my first AP I took it to the turnstiles, they scanned the bar code on the paper, then I went to the Bank of Main Street and got my picture taken and got my actual plastic AP. You don't have to go to the ticket booth, the paper you have with the bar code on it is your ticket to get into the park.

I would get there early and go to the Bank first thing and get your "real" AP, as the lines to the Bank of Main Street can get very long early.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

Ok, but what about the parents? They'll need to go to the ticket booth, right?
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Ok, but what about the parents? They'll need to go to the ticket booth, right?
    If those are the ones I'm thinking of, the ones you can buy in grocery store... they also have the bar code on the back of them, and can be taken directly to the turnstile and used like a regular ticket.

Last December I bought two of those for my "kids" and we all went. I used my AP, they used the tickets/card I bought at Staters. They just went through the turnstile with the actual "cards" I had bought at the store. I don't remember if they were given paper tickets dispensed from the turnstile, and Disney kept the plastic cards or not, but they just used the plastic card I had bought to get into the park without going to the ticket booth.

The only time you should have to go to the ticket booth, is if you have not purchased and kind of ticket in advanced.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

You have to redeem the Costco AP's at the ticket booth, and if you're renewing they just give you your new AP there using your old picture. I thought that the other would be the same way.
    -Walt Disney

All the tickets were bought online at Disneyland.com. They are all paper with barcodes but no magnetic strips.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I've never bought tickets from Costco, so I can't address that part.

As long as they have the bar codes, you should be able to just take them to the turnstiles.

Last year (07) I went to the Mickey's Halloween Treat. I bought my ticket online, and printed it out on my printer at home. I took that paper to the DCA turnstiles and gave it to them, they scanned it, the machine spit out a paper ticket, they gave that to me and kept the paper I printed out and I was good to go. The tickets you were sent by Disney should work the same way as long as they have the bar code on them.

OK, no biggie either way I guess, I just didn't want to have to wait in two different lines if it wasn't necessary. I guess we'll head to the turnstiles first and see what happens.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by JGar View Post
    All the tickets were bought online at Disneyland.com. They are all paper with barcodes but no magnetic strips.
    I think it's a shame that the tickets didn't come with explicit instructions on how to redeem them. C'mon, Disney.
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast