• It's all about Theme!

Fantasmic! Sound Effects, Is the Haunted Mansion supposed to be part of the show??

During Fantasmic! During the Bald Mountain sequence, the shrieks and moans of the various dead figures can be heard in most NOS Buildings, but the loudest of all speakers is the Haunted Mansion. Is this supposed to be like that, or do they use the mansion sound system for all the sound effects, such as the guy speaking during the pink elephant sequence. As far as I know, they only use them for that sequence.

Was it planned to be that way?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Senior Minion

Re: Fantasmic! Sound Effects, Is the Haunted Mansion supposed to be part of the show?

I'm pretty sure they use the HM speakers for other effects including the Elephant part. I'm sure a CM or F! expert can confirm.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: Fantasmic! Sound Effects, Is the Haunted Mansion supposed to be part of the show?

How interesting; I usually sit right up front for F!, so I didn't even know they did this. I guess it makes sense that they use the NOS building speakers, but I never thought about it.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

It's suppose to seem like it coming from all around. You'll notice they use that speaker for more sounds during Fantasmic! when they want to simulate things being around the audience.

• Shubisha

Ya. The speakers they use for the Haunted Mansion Holiday BGM are surround sound speakers for fantasmic and play those "they're there!" and "OoOooo" sound effects. It's weird and can shock you cuz they come from out of nowhere and are pretty loud :P It's not meant to try and seem like Haunted Mansion is a part of the show though, no.

• Yeah.....

In theory, it creates a "surround sound" effect that encompasses the entire ROA.

• Senior Minion

Yeah, there's several places you can hear the surround speakers more noticeably, there are some near Stage Door approx too that can also be kind of surprising.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    It's not meant to try and seem like Haunted Mansion is a part of the show though, no.
    In theory, that's true, although I suppose it's possible that somebody had the idea that the sounds of ghosts would most appropriately come from the Haunted Mansion as an in-joke of sorts. Walt Jr. had a point about those specific sounds coming from those specific speakers very loudly at times--it was easy to tell from near Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Shubisha

I'm sure someone giggled about it when they were doing it but those ghost noises also come from the trees between the riverside and Cafe Orleans =P

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-13-2008, 02:10 PM