Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Following the Second Star

Don't you love when they don't check facts on TV?

I'm watching this Walt Disney World assault trial thing on court TV, and the lady says:

"So what do we know about the famous theme park? Well that's today's fact check. Walt Disney World opened on October 1st, 1971 in central Flordia, and 16 years later DisneyLAND opened in Los Angeles."

Later she fixes herself by saying that the teacups were an original ride at Disneyland in 1955, but still. That's quite a big mistake.

Felt like saying something about it ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• I'm not really here

Re: Don't you love when they don't check facts on TV?

LOL wow... that's a huge mistake!

The one that really gets me is when some travel show is talking about all the things to do at Disneyland and they show footage of Fantasmic! from WDW.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Yeah.....

Oiy!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Haha, this would make me yell at the TV like I was watching a football game or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Haha, this would make me yell at the TV like I was watching a football game or something.
    I yelled "WHAT!?" and played it back (yay for the power of DVR) and facepalmed. My sister said I should email them, but when she said that the tea cups were from the original in 1955, I figured whoever typed up the teleprompter was being temporarily stupid, or got that from the wrong website.

I also was annoyed that they said it was in LA. To me it seems like people think the only city in California is LA ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

HAHAHA what a HUGE blooper!

• =)

Haha, yeah, Dreamer20k, people from outside of southern California have a tendency to refer to everything in it north of San Diego as Los Angeles. Gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Haha, yeah, Dreamer20k, people from outside of southern California have a tendency to refer to everything in it north of San Diego as Los Angeles. Gets old.
    When people hear I'm from California I either get "Are you from LA?" or "Are you from the OC? Like that TV show?"

Then of course people hear that I'm from Coto de Caza, and I get "OH! I've seen that show on the Real Housewives of Orange County. Are people really like that there?"

Don't get me started on that one ><

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Wait, are you telling me that it's not?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Don't lets be silly! o

This whole court case is obscene; and I don't just mean both of their actions at Walt Disney World, but suing Disney for negligence...

Money hungry people...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    This whole court case is obscene; and I don't just mean both of their actions at Walt Disney World, but suing Disney for negligence...

Money hungry people...
    Wait Disney is being sued? I thought that it was just called that cause it happened there

• Don't lets be silly! o

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    Wait Disney is being sued? I thought that it was just called that cause it happened there
    They were interviewing the the lead lawyer in for the prosecution, and they're not going after the other lady because "...Ms. walker doesn't have assets, she doesn't own a home..."

The reporter said she understands because you can wait up to 3 hours for that ride and in the heat...? Really? 3 hours for the Mad Tea Party?

• I'm not really here

If the Tea Party line were 3 hours long, it would stretch past the hub

The reporter said she understands because you can wait up to 3 hours for that ride and in the heat...? Really? 3 hours for the Mad Tea Party?
    PFFFFFFT. I love that ride, I really do, but it is NOT worth 3 hours. Not at all

• Far too curious

Never in my life have I ever seen/waited in a 3 hour line for Mad Tea Party. Small World, perhaps, but that's why there are ice cream carts near by XP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM