• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Pipeek's 11/10 Evening Trip to Disneyland

Hello MiceChat. It’s been a while since I did a photo thread. It’s been a while since I’ve been really after something to capture on my camera. When to the park on Tuesday in the evening to catch the almost last Parade of Dreams and see what changes, if any, had been made to Fantasmic. Also as you all know the Christmas Tree is up on Main Street. What you may not know is that they have added holiday decorations on top of the entrance turnstiles. They got installed last night (11/12) and only one section was up today. From the brief 45 seconds or so that I saw it, I liked it. Not quite as nice at the pumpkins for Halloweentime, but still nice. Nicer than the dream clouds in any case. I do not have any pictures of it however since I did not have my camera today and was in a bit of a hurry. Basically it’s got a white snow base like the castle turret snow and has swirls covered in snowflakes and icicles on top of it. It looked like it should light up as well, but this was 8am, so no luck on knowing whether or not.

Onto the photos!

Plaza Pavilion is back from behind construction walls. No pin trading or junior chef’s yet. But I doubt we’ll see the return of junior chef’s with nestle leaving soon. It looks like it should, but most of the work was done on the inside, so it’s hard to judge. It’s just nice to have the area back.

So first up was the Parade of Dreams’ third to last performance.

Up next, Pixie Hollow…

Re: Pipeek's 11/10 Evening Trip to Disneyland

The Pixie Hollow area is interesting. With the 3? more TinkerBell movies on the way it should be interesting to see how well this area does. Supposedly they are releasing TinkerBell movies that go along with each of the four seasons. I’m not sure if the first movie covers anything in particular, but more Tink movies are coming.

Ariel’s statue used to sit here. At least the area got some TLC at last.

Entering the Hollow…

A size perspective for you: the big mushroom is 2-3 feet tall.

This is the photo area I presume. At least this is the path to it and the next few pictures are of the area from different angles. People were climbing all over the “plants” which leads me to think that it’s just a matter of time before pieces end up breaking and missing. Perhaps during the day when Tink and the others are around they monitor this better. But at night it seems to be a free for all…more on that in a second.

Tink’s teapot house is a problem for the evening. It doesn’t lock, or if it does then it wasn’t locked. Lot’s of children were opening the door, which is a simple matter of pushing it. Not that there’s much to see back there other than an the entrance to a backstage area, but still.

The planter with the green leaves is a giant snail shell.

Enough of the Hollow for now…time to pass by the Matterhorn and head off to find something new, but first a quick submarine photo stop.

Up next, Christmas hits Toontown and Small World…

Small World doesn’t have it lights on for the public just yet, but signs of Christmas are slowly approaching.

While we’re heading back to Toontown, it is also the notable area for Fireworks. Tonight 11/13 they have scheduled time for Believe in Holiday Magic rehearsal from park closing till 6am.

Toontown seems pretty much completed for the holiday decorations…

A lamppost…

Town Square

Goofy’s is my favorite of the character houses.

Minnie’s House

Mickey’s house had only half the lights on his house working.

Donald had no lights on, if he even gets any. But did have some garland.

That’s all for Toontown.

Up next, the end: Fantasyland & Fantasmic.

Now I was just having fun taking pictures at night. It’s been a while since I really attempted to capture night pictures and since night arrived so early to be able to get these pictures with plenty of time to spare.

Lot’s of spinning.

Monstro wants to eat some guest filled boats.

More spinning…

…and a little more.

Can they get the sword out?

Prepping for Fantasmic.

So I didn’t get that many pictures during Fantasmic. I wasn’t in an ideal location to take pictures, which was revealed to me upon processing these photos. I went to see what was different. From what I can notice, not much yet as it seems. What was working much better now were the laser effects for the dragon wings and at the end of the show. The Finale seems to be what got plussed, or at least was more noticeable to me. They added in “searchlight” effects to all the light towers during the Mark Twain scene. Those I was able to get a picture of:

It really draws attention to the area. I went to the 10:30 show, but was walking into Frontierland at the end of the 9:00 show and was wondering what was up with the search lights, which was a draw in a way. Watching the show, it seems a bit unnecessary in my opinion.

For my last picture, I think that Genie may have a serious problem with the position of his head. At least it seems that way.

Thanks for reading. I hope to be able to update more often.

• or CBF

Nice pics.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Disney for life!~

Awesome pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch