Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Tacky Homemade Signs at Riverbelle Terrace! YIKES!

These new signs they taped to all of the trashcans at Riverbelle Terrace are really tacky. They look like someone made them in about 20 minutes with a cheap printer and a laminating machine.

MintCrocodile's Albums

If the horrors of not having the baskets placed on top of the trashcans are really that bad, then perhaps some profesionally made signs would be warranted.

And if you are really going to be so tacky as to make your own signs and tape them to the trashcans, at least use good tape that lasts more than two days.

MintCrocodile's Albums

When did Disneyland allow CM's to make up their own signs for stuff in the park? And why hasn't a manager taken these things down already?! They've been up for a week now, as I saw them last weekend and MintCrocodile took photos of them yesterday. And now it looks like some of them are falling off. Or worse yet, do you think the manager of the Riverbelle Terrace did this on purpose?! Doesn't Disneyland have people to check on this sort of thing?

TACKY DISNEYLAND, TACKY!

• no flash photography...

Re: Tacky Homemade Signs at Riverbelle Terrace! YIKES!

I saw those when i was there and they did not look cheap to me. I just figured idiots were throwing a lot of baskets away.

• C4C6C

Maybe I am missing something. Where does the sign look tacky?

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Relax, it doesn't look that bad to me.

They should have cut the top corners of the sign better to match the rounded edges of the trash can, but otherwise, I wouldn't call it tacky...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Maybe I am missing something. Where does the sign look tacky?
    Perhaps I have standards too high. This sign was homemade, laminated and then hand trimmed with scissors, and then taped to the sides of the trashcan. They aren't lined up properly, they don't belong there, and they don't fit with the theme, unless the theme is Office Depot 5 Minute Projects For Bored Secretaries.

If a sign is to be displayed at Disneyland, it should be profesionally crafted and themed to the area. These were just slapped on every trashcan on the Riverbelle Terrace patio for some odd reason. Something tells me now that these pictures have shown up online though, that the signs will be removed rather quickly.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

They could have used signs like that upstairs in the Golden Horseshoe. My son almost threw his basket away last night. They really do look disposable.

As a side note, we'll miss the chicken strips. It looks like it's nuggets for the entire park now.

• Minion

Geez, and I thought I was a hard guest to please.

That little sign is only on a handful of trash cans that are in eating areas with trays/baskets, including the Riverbelle Terrace and the Tomorrowland Terrace. It is easily ignored, and as long as you have enough brains to put your tray/basket on top of the can instead of inside it, I suggest you do.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 11-14-2008 at 06:09 PM.

The signs look fine to me. I think it they were overly ornate maybe you could call them tacky, but plain and simple is the way to go with trash.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

The signs look fine to me also. I think it gets tacky when a CM has to use a sharpie on receipt paper to make a sign.

And not to sound like I don't care, but it's just a trashcan.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    That little sign is only on a handful of trash cans that are in eating areas with trays, including the Riverbelle Terrace and the Tomorrowland Terrace.
    Last Friday the signs were on every single trashcan on the patio. Over the past week a bunch of them have been picked off because they are just taped to the cans with little pieces of black tape. Yet another reason why it's tacky.

But I'm sure this is one of those things were someone is going to get in trouble for putting up handmade signs in the park, even though the concept is sound and the need is there. It's a Six Flags way of doing business, but not a Disneyland way of doing business.

Now that this thread is rolling, I'd give it a couple of business days before they go away entirely. Such is the power of embarassing pictures on the Internet.

I haven't seen them in person so even though they look fine in your photo (btw, next time, just link directly to the photo, so we don't have to wade through 147 thumbnails looking for it), maybe they don't up close.

But have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe they're temporary until real signs are printed up?

• Minion

The sign in question:

[photo by MintCrocodile at mouseinfo.com]

• Following the Second Star

Least there's effort put into it. You said it was homemade, laminated, and cut. That's effort. More effort than it takes to take a picture and rant about it on a message board. I'm sure taking a picture did not take you 20 minutes.

Maybe if its so bad you could help out the cast members and make a new one. Take some action. Don't just come here and rant about it. And I'm sure it gets the job done. That's why its there. To get a job done.

And people

It's a TINY sign on a freakin TRASH CAN. It's not like its something that stops people while walking past and forces them to go back and look at it. You can only see it when right next to the trash can
    Last edited by Dreamer20k; 11-14-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Far too curious

...It's a sign...on a trash can...it's not like we're going to be sitting around staring at them all day.

Honestly, I was quite happy when I first saw those signs, like...a month or so ago.

• A Weather Eye Open

The sign looks fine in the picture to me; very inconspicuous. I actually think I have seen these in person, which means that they've been around for a while.

I am MUCH more disturbed by this news:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    As a side note, we'll miss the chicken strips. It looks like it's nuggets for the entire park now.
    WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS???? The chicken strips were like the ONLY thing I ever ate at DL! I am going to cry.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-14-2008, 11:24 PM