Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tomorrowland Renovation after DCA fix

Has anybody heard anything/rumor about Tony Baxter overseeing a Tomorrowland renovation once they're done with the DCA make-over?

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Tomorrowland Renovation after DCA fix

It has been rumored a while now. I don't think anyone knows for sure.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Tomorrowland Renovation after DCA fix

Star Wars is rumored to be renovated soon and I heard HISTA is going ot replaced soon. Space mountain has been updated, subs are back, the only other thing they could do is have PM come back and maybe renovate Autopia. I still wish other things were changed first like adding new effects to Indy (the rat room is just 30 seconds of darkness), add a new ride to Toontown (thiers room), Matterhorn should either get new vehicles that hold more people (6 people instead of 4) and add a single rider or fastpass. Not to mention Fantsyland has had no new rides in FOREVER! Fronterland needs a new attraction (once again more than enough room)

I would like Tommorrowland to get some new rides but other lands have been untouched for years and need the renovation more.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Star Wars is rumored to be renovated soon and I heard HISTA is going ot replaced soon. Space mountain has been updated, subs are back, the only other thing they could do is have PM come back and maybe renovate Autopia. I still wish other things were changed first like adding new effects to Indy (the rat room is just 30 seconds of darkness), add a new ride to Toontown (thiers room), Matterhorn should either get new vehicles that hold more people (6 people instead of 4) and add a single rider or fastpass. Not to mention Fantsyland has had no new rides in FOREVER! Fronterland needs a new attraction (once again more than enough room)
    Don't forget the possible removal of Innoventions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985 View Post
    Has anybody heard anything/rumor about Tony Baxter overseeing a Tomorrowland renovation once they're done with the DCA make-over?

If disney is not intending to fund significant DL improvements until after DCA's redo, somewhere around 2013, then I doubt that Baxter will want to stick around. He is near retirement (if he wants) and since Imagineering doesn't appear to be interested in allowing him to produce at his ability level, he may just bail on them and move on to something more rewarding.

• I'm not really here

I thought the TL renovations were kind of on going. Nemo and monorail were part 1 of 3. There have been various threads and Al articles talking about this over the past year. A quick search should bring up several.

I don't know the time tables, but I know that there are various TL projects in the works at the moment. This is from hints dropped by various MiceChat members who have been lucky enough to tour WDI. Again, I don't have a clue what or when, but I trust these people.

Again though, this is all rumor until Disney publicly announces it. They could very well be working on all the projects rumored, and simply decide to put them on hold or cancel at any time. I'm sure that once the DCA stuff is well underway that we'll start getting announcements about TL. I have a feeling they aren't going to wait all the way to the finish of the DCA makeover. Even as DCA gets all this attention, they'll still want growth and improvement at DL.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• our happily ever after

Tomorrowland needs some serious TLC! It makes me sad when I walk around and remember how great it was before. I think that there are plans in store to revamp Tomorrowland but it is just going to take some time and unfortunately I will need to find some patience =(

• Senior Minion

I would like Tommorrowland to get some new rides but other lands have been untouched for years and need the renovation more.
    I completely disagree. TL is by far still the land that needs the most work. It has numerous funtional and thematic problems and is disjointed stylistically, it feels broken the way it is. The AO and Innoventions should go just to start, and then a new unified style needs to be applied. Movement needs to be brought back to the skys and new second level walkways should be created. The Pizza Port should be turned back into an attraction and a new restaurant or two should be added.

While new attractions in other lands would be great those are just additions, not really addressing problems. Matterhorn is fine, the line is rarely that bad, if anything I'd like them to un-hook the cars, but that would reduce capacity. FL should and probably will get something new eventually, but it did just get a IASW update and probably a new FL theater will come soon too. Fronterland could use another attraction too, but it can wait, Tomorrowland can't.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Diva Extrodinaire

I think Matterhorn should build an official queue start in Tomorrowland and that either Aladdin or Mary Poppins should replace Pinocchio. Innoventions and HISTA should leave and turn Innovention into an E-Ticket. Re-theme Autopia to Wall-E. Get an new show into the Fantasyland Theatre.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Tomorrowland should be fixed sooner than that, especially the Rocket Jets and PeopleMover situation.

• Splash/Mansion/Big Boats

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Tomorrowland should be fixed sooner than that, especially the Rocket Jets and PeopleMover situation.
    As much as I hope for that, to me it seems that they don't really have their sights set on the PeopleMover track. I never was able to ride the PeopleMover, however I was lucky enough to ride Rocket Jets once, and in the front seat, and it was a blast.

I'd be happily surprised to find out if they did, though.

• Fancy that...

I hope this is true..but I also hope that it's not only updating the rides...Tomorrowland needs new architecture too. Like...total re-theming, not just a new paint job. There's no consistency in theme and I think TL would look amazing with all new facades. Chrome please?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I completely disagree. TL is by far still the land that needs the most work. It has numerous funtional and thematic problems and is disjointed stylistically, it feels broken the way it is. The AO and Innoventions should go just to start, and then a new unified style needs to be applied. Movement needs to be brought back to the skys and new second level walkways should be created. The Pizza Port should be turned back into an attraction and a new restaurant or two should be added.

While new attractions in other lands would be great those are just additions, not really addressing problems. Matterhorn is fine, the line is rarely that bad, if anything I'd like them to un-hook the cars, but that would reduce capacity. FL should and probably will get something new eventually, but it did just get a IASW update and probably a new FL theater will come soon too. Fronterland could use another attraction too, but it can wait, Tomorrowland can't.
    No you have to keep Pizza Port its the cheapest food in the park and its good for its price.

I'm just tried of Tommorrowland always being the land being redone when the other lands need new stuff too. Besides tommorrowland has Space, Nemo and Autopia. So its doing fine. Yes it needs some new attractions but at least it has good rides unlike Toontown.

• Fancy that...

No you have to keep Pizza Port its the cheapest food in the park and its good for its price.

I'm just tried of Tommorrowland always being the land being redone when the other lands need new stuff too. Besides tommorrowland has Space, Nemo and Autopia. So its doing fine. Yes it needs some new attractions but at least it has good rides unlike Toontown.
    I think that all the other lands suffer waaayyy less than Tomorrowland when it comes to thematic unity...TL has no real direction , and at the moment it is the ugliest part of the park..well..the only land in the park I would overall consider ugly.

so TL needs the most help in my opinion...Frontierland and Fantasyland could use more attractions and all, as well as some more theming in spots, but they're problems don't seem quite as bad or apparent as TL's identity crisis.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by wem1985 View Post
    Why would they want to renovate Tomorrowland? It's fine as it is right now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast