Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• (Not a) New User

Hatbox Ghost Rumors?

As you may know, there are rumors that the Hatbox Ghost may return for HM's 40th. Is this true? What has anyone heard about this?

• Minion

Re: Hatbox Ghost Rumors?

Yay! The attic needs him!!!

who is the hatbox ghost?
    Last edited by disneyfan_87; 11-15-2008 at 05:19 PM.

• Banned User

Oh no, not another Hatbox ghost thread!

• far, far away from DL

I think they should put in and see how long it takes people to find it.

• Grim Grinning

That would be entertaining. Just wait, about a month after it goes in, people will be asking if it's back or not saying they think they may have seen it!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    That would be entertaining. Just wait, about a month after it goes in, people will be asking if it's back or not saying they think they may have seen it!
    Heck with that, put him on a platform that rises up and down randomly throughout the day. THAT should cause some confusion

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

What it boils down to is...no official word or confirmation of any sort from Disney. The rumors mainly come from that it will be a big anniversery for the ride, the character has shown up lately (past 2-3 years) in lots of merchandise, more than pretty much any other character from ride overall, and a few vague hints from people around here who are 'In-the-know' in some fashion. But there is currently no official concrete statement either for or against HBG's return.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    As you may know, there are rumors that the Hatbox Ghost may return for HM's 40th. Is this true? What has anyone heard about this?
    1) No. 2) That the Hatbox will not be returning.

This rumor keeps popping up; like the return of the Skyway. It's not going to happen. Imagineers have had ample opporunity over the past 40 years to add the Hatbox ghost in have chosen not to do so. Meanwhile, that mansion now has a special holiday overlay, and the attic has been completely updated. Over in Florida they have added quite a few new enhancements as well. They keep plussing the mansion, and the emphasis seems to continue with adding new stuff rather than reviving the old. I could be mistaken, but the one exception to that is the restoration of the flashing paintings in the portrait hallway.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well at least they have a pic of the Hat Box Ghost in the Hall way now, on the ride after you pass the floating candle stick on your left their is a pic of the ghost. Its kinda cool since I showed my friends and they had no idea what I was talking about.
    I do wish I could see him in action but I can wait until their ready for his return.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan_87 View Post
    who is the hatbox ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post

This rumor keeps popping up; like the return of the Skyway. It's not going to happen. Imagineers have had ample opporunity over the past 40 years to add the Hatbox ghost in have chosen not to do so. Meanwhile, that mansion now has a special holiday overlay, and the attic has been completely updated. Over in Florida they have added quite a few new enhancements as well. They keep plussing the mansion, and the emphasis seems to continue with adding new stuff rather than reviving the old. I could be mistaken, but the one exception to that is the restoration of the flashing paintings in the portrait hallway.
    So certain are you?

It was not until the advent of the Internet that anything you could call a HM fan base solidified, and it was only then that the HBG emerged as a cult favorite and a persistent plea to restore this long-lost character found an outlet. The HBG was the bride's original suitor (she was his "bride" according to the official souvenir album), and he was decapitated. The fit with the current theme of the attic is pretty obvious.

• Walt Disney Fan

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    I think they should put in and see how long it takes people to find it.
    this says everything
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• =)

We mere mortals simply do not yet know. However, let us all keep in mind that the mere fact that it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't.

• MC, this is LD

Red Face Re: Hatbox Ghost Rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post

Sorry to do this to ya' dude, but:

Honestly I think that the main reason the HGB hasn't come back in these last 40 years is because a lack of technology to back the HBG with. After all, they did originally remove him because the effect was not convincing at the time. Technology has improved over the last forty years...

I feel the effect could be achieved today if some Imagineers put their backs into it. It almost seems as simple as some UV LEDs and a model of wire and Saran wrap.

Also I could have seen the SkyWay coming back, but the cables were taken down.

• would rather be on the HM

I've heard rumors of return not to the attic, but the dining hall. But who knows...there are so many stories surrounding the Hatbox ghost it's impossible to determine the true from the false! One thing I do know for sure is that the ghost was taken because the lighting could not keep up with the effect...I'm not sure if that could be fixed by now or not though.

It would be really, truly AWESOME to see that Hatbox ghost return though!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast