• ...TWO BITS!

Mickey Mouse Revue for Carthay?

Just curious how people would feel about this. So the Mickey Mouse Revue is leaving Tokyo Disneyland to be replaced by Mickey's Philharmagic. What if MMR was to be placed in DCA's Carthay Circle Theater?

However, many have said the Audio-animatronic shows are dead. This particular show is too old from the '70s. So what if something like MMR was transformed into a dark ride ala the once proposed dark ride transformation for Country Bear Jamboree?

Otherwise, I think the DCA Project Tracker has the Circle Theater as a new "Blue Sky Disney" location focusing on Cars land.

Yes I know TDA doesn't want any more "shows".

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Mickey Mouse Revue for Carthay?

I wouldn't be surprised if they just changed Mickey's clothes and put him on top of the swings.

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just changed Mickey's clothes and put him on top of the swings.

lol.

• Minion

I'd be all for Mickey Mouse Revue - - or even Mickey's PhilharMagic -- in the Carthay. It really should open with a show inside.

• ...TWO BITS!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... from the pics I've seen, it looks like the Circle Theater would be just as big as the Playhouse Disney theater. What do you think?

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... from the pics I've seen, it looks like the Circle Theater would be just as big as the Playhouse Disney theater. What do you think?
    Do you mean the whole building or just the theater? Becuase I'm pretty sure the Carthay building will have a smaller footprint then the Playhouse building.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Hmmm, that's interesting. If so I have other thoughts then.

-Jurassic Park

• Senior Minion

I wish I could remember what thread, it may have been the DCA tracker, but a while ago Baloo and I were discussing this area. We were talking about using that area for a dark ride, with the Carthay to house a queue and loading area and the playhouse building to become a show building. Just another possible idea.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Walt Disney Fan

Phillar Magic I would have to vote for.

But I've never seen MMR so I don't know
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• HauntedOne999

I that idea... MMR is a good show its something that would be relevant for kids... also its brings back the idea of classic disney characters back to the parks... if not in the Carthay Building put it in the old Millionare building... or combine the ideas of MMR and Phil. together.... kinda like Muppets... AA Band with a 3D screen
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Banned User

I really would prefer OLC kept MMR where it is. I mean.. do we need yet another park showing Philharmagic? Especially since HKDL has it, and both HKDL and TDL are the closest DL parks to each other. Or better yet, add it to HKDL's attraction list since WDC claims the chinese are ignorant about the Disney characters.