• Now 40% less bitter!

What could the new DCA do for the holidays?

Reading the latest Monday in the Parks column http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/mon...much-more.html, I noticed the story mentions that there will be very little if anything themed for the holiday season at DCA.
    Fortunately, they are fixing up and completely redoing the theme park, which I'm certain will open up ample possibilities for theming!
    Please see the DCA Project Tracker Thread (second edition): Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker II The first page has concept art of the re-done park, if you haven't seen it already.

(Also, Uncle Bob has a "Re-imagining California Adventure" thread, but my computer's sort of grinding at the moment and I can't seem to open it up. If you look at his signature, the link is there.)

So going with this, here are some ideas. Once the entrance is done like old time Los Angeles, and the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area themed to old Hollywood, I think they could go big with a classic movie Christmas overlay! Anything's possible in the movies, so they could do it big, with music playing by Bing Crosby and Bob Hope, among others. A giant parade done like an old Hollywood musical would rock!

Any other ideas?
    Oo-de-lally!

• Banned User

Re: What could the new DCA do for the holidays?

That sounds awesome, especially the part about the soundtrack. I would say deck it out Main Street style with tons of garlands and lights and a proper tree, but I guess that would take away a bit of DL's thunder.

Or perhaps do an homage to the Hollywood Christmas Parade and have dancers in classic 1920s costumes. Flappers!

Hmmm, it's kind of hard to think what they could do, especially when the holidays suit DL so well.

• Senior Minion

I'd like to see a holiday overlay brought to both TSMM and WoC, since it should be fairly easy to install both of those temporarily for the holidays, it should just require new computer programing. Other then that I'd pretty much just add nice decorations and I do like the old Hollywood Christmas idea too.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• A Weather Eye Open

old hollywood christmas is a great idea! i really hated the set up last year about the santa on the beach; that's not really what winter in CA is like, ew. the late 30s was the golden age of hollywood, which is when ToT is set and part of the backlot too, and the 20's LA entrance and plaza will fit right into that. even if there's not a full parade, there's tons of room between the two lands for a dance show in the street, with period musical-type costumes and old songs. i would love it!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

A Christmas Electrical Parade? I think that would be cool and make people to DCA at night to see a cool show. Maybe theme more of the lands in DCA to be more like Christmas and add lights to the Grizzly mountain?

• Now 40% less bitter!

That would be awesome if they could do something new with the electrical parade!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ... add lights to the Grizzly mountain?
    For some reason I just imagined a massive Santa hat atop the mountain :P

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The 1st Hollywood Christmas Parade was held in 1928* so a smallish, quaint event could even be historically correct. Inviting a Disney film Legend (or two) to be kick-off Grand Marshal(s) would be wonderful.

History of the Parade
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

You know I would love to here some Gene Autry Christmas music playing. The theme would fit Walt was good friends with him.

I saw the Christmas Electrical Parade at WDW in 2000. They just added Jingle Bells to the music not much else.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I'd love to see and be able to walk through a vintage Christmas Tree farm, complete with snow and Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale figures in the mix.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Now 40% less bitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I'd love to see and be able to walk through a vintage Christmas Tree farm, complete with snow and Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale figures in the mix.
    I can picture a Christmas Tree labyrinth. Would something like that fit in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail? I need to read the project tracker again; I don't know if that will still be there.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Hello

Cool Re: What could the new DCA do for the holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    That is a great idea!

Personally I'd do something like the Candy Corn plants. This is what I have in mind:

In the entrance have like a circle of Christmas trees to act like the big one accross the way, different. Then in each land have different tree styles. Ex: Carsland-Christmas Cacti; Paradise Pier-Christmas Palm Tree; Golden State- Maybe a tree similar to a Redwood; Hollywoodland-Maybe incorporate Micoofy Duck's idea; Pacific Wharf-Christmas Sea-rocks; Condor Flats-Christmas shrubs; Bugsland: Christmas Blades of grass.

I think that this is something that can be interchangeable as well. You can change the decorations on the "trees" to keep making people want to come year after year to see what is new.

BTW: Happy almost holidays!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

The Twilight Zone is taken over by Jack and his friends and bring Christmas to this empty hotel. ;-)

I liked the idea some one had about having Santa on the mountain, or perhaps Mickey dressed as Santa on a sled with Pluto as a reindeer. Or maybe make holiday land likw they were suppose to at DL. I know it does not fit the DCA theme but does Cars land?