Thread: TSMM Question

• Done waiting!!

TSMM Question

on Saturday night I was in line for TSMM and I saw the addition queue room with the bad ventilation was closed off. I didn't think anything of it since I know they close it when the line's not bad. What stood out to me however was the fact that it looked like it was walled off from the inside with nothing more than just painted plywood. Is this the normal procedure for closing off that area or have they put up construction walls to either install proper ventilation or to access that area during the Games of the Boardwalk redo?
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• or CBF

Re: TSMM Question

Maybe since they're not getting 4 hour lines like TSMM did when it was opened, they're using it to store tools and whatnot for the Games redo?
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• DCA FTW!

I'm hoping its closed up for a proper ventilation install, but its more than likely closed for storing tools and what not. Here's hoping they do both.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Minion

I believe that it is the standard operating procedure. When I was in the park the other week, they were closing that part off because of the smaller crowd. But when I went the other day, it was back open for use. I think it is part of the steps they are making to add themeing to the area. Good question!!!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I highly doubt if they are using that for storage of tools and such. I would think that lugging all of this stuff in and out would risk damage to the tile floor, the stone borders, or to the walls.

• Done waiting!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I believe that it is the standard operating procedure. When I was in the park the other week, they were closing that part off because of the smaller crowd. But when I went the other day, it was back open for use. I think it is part of the steps they are making to add themeing to the area. Good question!!!
    I understand that it gets closed and opened depending on the crowds, the part that stood out was the fact that the walls just looked like white plywood that was rather quickly put up given the fact that there were some uneven seams that didn't line up with anything in particular and they weren't attached to the doorframes.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

• always, the freaky cat

I was there Friday night and it was boarded up. The boards look semi-permanent, like the construction walls, not something that would be taken up and then removed on a day-to-day basis. I assumed that they were doing some work in there, perhaps improving the ventilation, but that just may be wishful thinking.

• Senior Minion

I heard on another board that someone saw workers on the roof of that section of the building and that they are doing ventilation improvements, but I have no proof of this at all.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• or CBF

I guess we found out the answer to this question in Darkbeer's update today on MiceAge.

It was to add an A/C system.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Done waiting!!

Yay! I'm glad it turned out to be what I was hoping for. Nice to see one of the very few flaws fixed on the young ride.