Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Question The Cars Ride will work if...

I think the cars land ride would work if you feel like your out in the middle of the dessert with no one around but you.
    But does anyone know if this is whats planned? Or will the ride be exposed to everyone and people can watch you the whole time? I think it would be one of the only rides at DCA that could take you way from the park and take you to a new land (screaming, tot and Grizzly rive run, all those rides are too high and you see the parks of the park your not suppose to see.
    So what do you guys think?

• =)

Re: The Cars Ride will work if...

Seems to me like it'll feel fairly secluded. Probably a lot of rockwork to help partition much of the ride from much of the rest of the park. There's an indoor portion too - don't forget about that.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The seclusion works for Bugs Land, it's just the rides are meh. If it has the ambiance of Bugs Land and the rides to back it up, it will be an instant hit.

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

I was thinking about starting a new thread on this, but ill throw it in here instead...

In one of the concept art photos of carsland, the e-ticket ride has a massive "wall" or rockwork that looks to block off the outside view to Harbor Blvd and maybe the intersection with Katella. I feel that this would finally submerge visitors in a new world while visiting DCA.

But consider this, If WDI actually creates this "False Valley", not only will this become one of the biggest structures on property, but a massive eyesore from the outside looking in.

Does anyone else see this, or is it just me?
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by blondiethesounds View Post
    But consider this, If WDI actually creates this "False Valley", not only will this become one of the biggest structures on property, but a massive eyesore from the outside looking in.

How would it be a massive eyesore? You already can see Matterhorn, Space Mountain, GRR and ToT from the outside and I don't consider those eyesores at all.

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    How would it be a massive eyesore? You already can see Matterhorn, Space Mountain, GRR and ToT from the outside and I don't consider those eyesores at all.
    Yes, because those are themed. All sides of the "Mountains" and TOT are thematically relevant.

I cant imagine WDI spending the money to theme the backside of the Carsland structure, especially if it serves no illustrative purpose. It would ruin the illusion before you even get into the park.

But again, what the hell do I know?...
    Last edited by blondiethesounds; 11-18-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

• I'm not really here

No moreso than Pirates or iasw (before TDA), or Indy. Besides... it sits at the back of a parking lot (which is just so beautiful to look at as it is).

From the concept art of RSR, it looks like there is plenty of rock work around the outside ride areas with only a few over passes where, depending on the structure, you might get a brief glimpse of Radiator Springs. This would fit with the movie world they are recreating and would really reinforce the feeling. For the most part though, I think you will feel more or less isolated from the rest of the park, though you may catch glimpses of Grizzly Peak, and most certainly ToT to the north

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

It's funny, we were talking about this exact thing in this thread.

Cars Land will have a large show building, probably 40-50' in height that will house the indoor part of RSR. The backside of that building will probably be the usual colored (hopefully tan/orange) wall. On top of that will be the rock/cliff work, which from inside DCA will hide views of the outside world and the power lines, and from outside DCA will probably be fully themed. So from outside, you'll see high rock work like that at BTMRR with a tan/orange wall at the bottom, which will mostly be hidden by trees. Therefore, no eyesore.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I was thinking about starting a new thread on this, but ill throw it in here instead...

In one of the concept art photos of carsland, the e-ticket ride has a massive "wall" or rockwork that looks to block off the outside view to Harbor Blvd and maybe the intersection with Katella. I feel that this would finally submerge visitors in a new world while visiting DCA.

That's Harbor and Katella. Hardly the most beautiful streets in OC. It's not like the drive on PCH between Newport Beach and Laguna. It's not too big of a deal IMO.

• =)

It's only a big deal if it's evident that the utilitarian backstage areas are part of Cars Land. As I said in the other thread, you can kinda get away with it if no one has any reason to think they're looking at the backside of a Disney attraction. Thousands of guests ride right past the Indy show building every day in the monorail and trams, but 99.9% of them have no idea, as it should be.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Considering the way Tower of Terror looks, Disney's not concerned about creating eyesores.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well I hope the ride seems to be in the middle of no where since for me that would make it one of my favorite rides at the Disney Resort, since even Splash feels kinda gone from the outside world and in the tree's. I want that feel on the cars ride (except with rocks and mountains)

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yes, because those are themed. All sides of the "Mountains" and TOT are thematically relevant.

I cant imagine WDI spending the money to theme the backside of the Carsland structure, especially if it serves no illustrative purpose. It would ruin the illusion before you even get into the park.

But again, what the hell do I know?...
    GRR looks nice too. The only thing that looks like crap are the boardwalk rides on paradise pier from the outside. Since CarsLand is going to look more like a mountainous desert scene, I'd be more inclined to assume it will look classy rather than Maliboomerish.

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

For some reason I have great faith in Disney when it comes to the redo of DCA. Especially the Carsland project.

I have a feeling we are going to see a return of the complete environment. The "themeing" we are all used to, the story lines we love, and the execution of perfection is going to return.

No shortcuts. I think Carsland will be the immersive environment we need it to be--Just like Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and all the other classics were before.

Just my opinion... I could be wrong. Maybe Carsland will feel like the 405 during rushhour.
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• I'm not really here

From the looks of it and where they are positioning things... I think the only visual intrusions are going to be Grizzly Peak and ToT. Grizzly kind of works as it is rockwork as well, even though it is a different type. With the removal of the Maliboomer you won't have that intrusion any more. The ride itself is set as far back as possible from everything else and there are plenty of trees and hills in the outside area of the ride to block views. ToT is really going to be the only problem I think. Though how much of one I don't know.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast