Thumbs up Thank you Mr. Disney + Being grateful for what we have at Disneyland.

Hi Friends,
    Well for all the whining and complaining that I have done over the years here. I just wanted to share my heartfelt thanks for Mr. Walt Disney, The 9 old men and more currently Mr. Tony Baxter and John Lassetter and many of the thousands of other people who have helped keep the magic alive in the parks. Sure things may not be exactly as I would want them to be, but I am just so grateful that we still have a DisneyLand.

I am grateful that they revitalized the Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room,

I am so happy that Tony Baxter spearheaded bringing back Sleeping Beauty castle walk through.

I am grateful we still have a submarine ride and a wonderful lagoon.

I grateful that we have the beautiful Disneyland Railroad still running with steam engines.

I am grateful that we still have a horse drawn trolley on Main street and so many beautiful main street USA vehicles.

I am grateful that we still have the Canoes to paddle around rivers of America in!

I am so grateful that we have the Mark Twain and the Columbia ship still sailing and paddling around rivers of America.

I am grateful that we still have Mr. Toads wild ride and such a incredibly beautiful fantasy land!

I am grateful that there is progress being made on bringing back the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln!

I am grateful that we still have the incredible original Ghost Host in the Haunted Mansion.

I am grateful that we live in such a incredible country that allows us the opportunities to have such a incredible place like Disneyland.

I am grateful for MiceChat and Miceage. Thank you Al and all the other incredible contributors to keeping this site alive!

I am hopeful and grateful to have John Lasseter and Tony Baxter amongst many others who share such a love and Passion for Walt Disney's legacies and creative endeavors in animation, filmmaking and theme park development, involved in carying the legacy of Walt Disney and Disneyland to the children of the future.

I am so grateful that we had such an incredible man such as Walt Disney who brought and continues to brings so much joy to the world through his, Visions, Movies, Stories and of course Parks. On a personal note learning about (Walt's struggle with cigarettes and Lung Cancer inspired me to quit smoking after 17 years)

Thank you freinds for listening and for being there.
    I know we may disagree on many things but we can all agree on our love for Disneyland and her siblings.

For all our freinds and families that may be effected by the recent fires or the horrible economic conditions facing us or the multitudes of illnesses and diseases some of us may be facing. I pray and hope that we find solutions to all our troubles and cures to all our illnesses so that we may be able to live a happier and healthier life.

As Ned Washington so beautifully wrote

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
    Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
    When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
    The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true"
    Last edited by CAspace; 11-20-2008 at 12:10 AM.

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

Re: Thank you Mr. Disney + Being grateful for what we have at Disneyland.

very nice! i love it.

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• HauntedOne999

Thank you CAspace for your wonderful words. I think I all should be greatful for what we have. Disneyland has and always will be an inspiration for all who walk thru its gates.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• formerly PretzelSouls!

That's fantastic!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Could not agree more. When I look at what he created, and look at the diverse personnel working in the park, I always say "God Bless Walt Disney".

• =)

Indeed. Thanks for posting this. There's a time and place for frank criticism where it is warranted, but there's also a time and place for deep appreciation for everything that's right at the DLR. Things could be better. But that's not to say that they're bad on the whole.

• Walt Disney Fan

That's very nice!
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Thanks Friends for the kind words

I forgot to mention the gratitude that DisneyLand still has the Candlelight Processional (And on MainStreet no less

As well as the wonderful and patriotic Flag Retreat and Color Guard especially when complimented by the Disneyland Band, Dapper Dans and graced with the presence of the true hero's, those who serve and those who have served this great country.

Thanks again for listening

• revolutionary waltz

Wonderful post, thanks very much for writing it.

• Minion

But we'll be ever so more grateful when you bring back...

Swiss Family Treehouse
    Captain Hook's Pirate Ship & Skull Rock
    Cascade Falls
    Rocket Jets up high
    PeopleMover
    Adventure Thru Inner Space
    Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue
    Tahitian Terrace & Polynesian Revue
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Carousel of Progress
    and
    Walt's original Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln

So thanks in advance for taking care of this.

Very nice! I know that I appreciate the attention to detail and hard work that goes into making the park so magical. I go to other them parks and think "Meh, I don't think I'd feel the need to come back here" but Disneyland is a place that I can return to year after year (I have to or I get withdrawals). It's not a theme park, it's a world unto itself.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

Thumbs up Re: Thank you Mr. Disney + Being grateful for what we have at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Extravabonanza View Post
    Very nice! I know that I appreciate the attention to detail and hard work that goes into making the park so magical. I go to other them parks and think "Meh, I don't think I'd feel the need to come back here" but Disneyland is a place that I can return to year after year (I have to or I get withdrawals). It's not a theme park, it's a world unto itself.
    Great points.
    It is real nice to have some key higher ups in the company who share this same view!

• Banned User

Disneyland is a place that touched my life profoundly, from childhood in the late 1960s and 70s. There was a long period of time in which I lost interest, but recently I've rediscovered the magic. I wish I could thank Walt in person.
    From what I've heard, building Disneyland was a huge gamble for him and his company, so I'm sure money was not his motivation. I think he felt compelled to realize his dreams and create a truly special place for generations to come. He succeeded beautifully, and we all still reap the benefits.