Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Missing an Angel

So, where does Al get his Info?

OK, so Imagineering is denying Obama is going to be in the Lincoln show.

Anyone care to guess where Al gets his information? Someone in Burbank? In the parks? TDA? Anyone have a clue?

Re: So, where does Al get his Info?

Top men

• Senior Minion

All of the above I'm sure. The things he reports have to come from multiple sources throughout the company.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DACS03 View Post
    Top men
    Top people, lets not be sexist.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Monorail Minion

Insiders at TDA
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

God....
    Just kidding Mickey Mouse ;-)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    OK, so Imagineering is denying Obama is going to be in the Lincoln show.

Anyone care to guess where Al gets his information? Someone in Burbank? In the parks? TDA? Anyone have a clue?

Are you REALLY expecting to get a specific answer to that question?

Just like any company, info like that is usually held confidential, and
    to reveal who let out that info, could end their job.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 11-19-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Just like any company, info like that is usually held confidential, and to reveal who let out that info would endander their job.
    I want to know the same thing. Our managers have a freaking heart attack if we as Cast Members tell people information like this. I don't see why someone higher would give Al confidential information unless they were trying to change something they want done or to get public opinion before its too late.

You would think Disney Management would know who's giving out the information, since not everyone is privileged to all information and then fire the leakier.

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Are you REALLY expecting to get a specific answer to that question?

Just like any company, info like that is usually held confidential, and
    to reveal who let out that info would endander their job.
    I wasn't looking for a specific answer, no. I was just throwing the question out there for speculation purposes only.

Something I was curious about though..... Why would someone that works for Disney (obviously in a "high" position) risk their job by giving someone information so someone can post it on a website?

• Senior Minion

There are many reasons someone might leak something, it's a huge company with many personalities. Some people probably just are fans themselves and can't help getting excited about things and spilling the beans. Sometimes it's probably people who work for contractors who are affiliated with Disney, but not employees, so it's harder to track down the sources. Sometimes it probably is employees who don't like a particular idea and are trying to sabotage it using negative fan attention. Other times it might be an employee who's just generally bitter or unhappy and are trying to cause problems. I'm sure there are nearly as many reasons for leaks as there are employees.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Another interesting thing that just occured to me was how much attention Al has been getting from the mainstreem media and how much that effects the information he's given. I could honestly seeing it going both ways. It could drive more people to him because of his reputation, but it also really could make Disney more focussed on stopping those who might be in contact with Al making employees more scared to reveal things to him. What do you all think?
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Top men
    Who?

Please ignore this comment if you don't get the joke...

• E T1CK3T

Top men
    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Who?

Kudos for the Indy references! I love it!

• Thanks, Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by bobsledbob View Post
    I want to know the same thing. Our managers have a freaking heart attack if we as Cast Members tell people information like this. I don't see why someone higher would give Al confidential information unless they were trying to change something they want done or to get public opinion before its too late.

You would think Disney Management would know who's giving out the information, since not everyone is privileged to all information and then fire the leakier.
    Coming from a Public Relations and Marketing background, leaking information to the early adapters creates goodwill amongst that niche (that they're in the know) and Disney relies heavily on those early adapters (in some cases that can certainly read fanatics) to trumpet their successes.

Then even when everyone is all riled up in a negative manner (i.e. 'it's a small world'), the leaked information is still generating buzz, and buzz is always good, positive or negative. In respect to the 'it's a small world' controversy, people are either going to come back and see the redux because they've heard good things about it or are simply interested in the changes, or conversely, because they want to see how 'terrible' and 'irreverent' the changes must be to incur such word-of-mouth wrath. So in either case, people are still buying the admission tickets. Once they've bought the admission tickets, they'll more than likely stay for dinner, and if they've stayed for dinner they'll probably watch to fireworks and pick something up for little Suzie on the way out. Disney wins, no matter what.

Honestly, I think that if Disney wanted to keep their secrets, they'd simply keep their secrets.
    There's a purpose and a plan behind "leaking" information, and a corporation as massive as Disney certainly knows how to work it.
    Last edited by themarquisde; 11-19-2008 at 08:42 PM.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Who?

TOP MEN!

That last top men was needed to finish the scene...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast