Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• /sigh

Re: Grad Nite- Did anyone ever attend a grad nite?

Yep, and I got to go twice! Once when my bf graduated..then two years later for my graduation. The time I went with my bf was the best! (I even ran into an old flame that day...)
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

1987. DCA was still parking lot. I don't remember the bands but I do remember avoiding them because in our oh so mature 18 year old opinions they sucked. Too many vodka oranges on the way down from the Central Valley. Dress code? There was a dress code? Hhmm, apparently there was. I only have the vaguest of memories of standing in lines and riding Space Mountain. I'm trying to remember more. This is hurting my head...
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

• Done and Gone

1995. I still remember the line for Indy was over by the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor at its height. We had to wear shirts and ties or suits and it was pretty nice. We also thought we were too cool for the bands and as I've said in another thread before, we ended up watching No Doubt for about 5 mins, and then moving on to other pursuits...

Unless I've "hollywoodized" it in my memory, "Its The End Of The World As We Know It" was blasting as we entered underneath the train tracks and I've always thought it was particularly meaningful.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Went a few years ago. They looped the music

It was pretty cool. I walked onto Splash, but after that pretty much all of the lines were terrible. Matterhorn broke down while we were in line, and when we got out of line, it started working again

Katella Class of 70
    Did not go to the Prom couldn't find a date but did take a date to Grad Night had a blast.
    So who is that guy on the left?
    Why it's Santa! Ho, ho, ho
    http://www.npworkshop.com
    Or could it be Promo-Man?
    http://www.silentsalesmen.com

• What have I done?

Yeah for Katella! I was class of 98!

"This guy!"

I went to Grad Nite in 2004. At my school, we had graduation at 6 p.m. on Thursday (June 10), then a couple of hours of free time (I went home and ate pizza for dinner), then we got on the bus to go to Disneyland. I didn't get to go to the DCA pre-party; I had to sit on the bus and wait from 11:30 to about 11:50. Then I got off, went through pat-down security check, and went in.

I don't remember any bands, but there was party music all over Main Street and the riverfront (the speakers normally used for Fantasmic! were pulling extra duty). My group and I went on Haunted Mansion first. I had never seen such a lively atmosphere at Disneyland as I did that night: everyone there was about my age, and everyone there was celebrating the same thing. It was a wonderful experience. We went on lots and lots of rides, mostly the classic dark rides like Pirates and Peter Pan. Our last ride before we left was the Matterhorn. It was my favorite part of the whole experience, because I had the good fortune to ride it just as the sky to the east was starting to turn pink. The view of the parks at dawn was, to me, more beautiful than at any other time of day. After that, we all got on the buses, went home, and slept.

• Señor User

I was feeling old until I saw Promo-Man's post

I went to my own Grad-Night in 1982 (Chatsworth High School). I remember Tommy Tutone played on the Tomorrowland Stage (where HISTA now resides). He did a 20 minute rendition of "867-5309". I don't remember who else played thyat night - was too busy making out.

Took my girlfriend to hers in 1983 and then took her friend in 1984 (I was pretty much a male slut back in those days!).

My wife's school (La Habra High, class of '85) went to DL for Grad Nite every year except... 1985. She still complains about that.
    I need to get a life...

• no flash photography...

nope, because back in the day they wanted us to go to DL in formals....NO WAY!!!...the day being 1989...LOL

No because not enough seniors at my school wanted to go soooooooo needless to say our class went no where. I am the class of 92 and I dreamed of grad nite as long as I can remember because my mom class of 72 told me how great it was!

• Minion

1977, yep we had the awful dress code, but we survived. My main memory was spending 4+ hours waiting in line for Space Mountain.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Minion

Class of 1989, Grad Nite. Critter country was under construction for Splash Mt. I could see a couple of logs dry docked in the water lanes. Strict dress code, but their were a few who couldn't afford to go spend extra money on nice fancy clothes. But, they were let in to the park without question. We changed on our bus, Ladies first, then the Men. And this was done in the parking lot of Disneyland! Good thing there were tinted windows.

So they took us in through the maintenance area through Fantasyland. We literally walked onto rides. I dont recall waiting much at all for rides. We didn' honestly have that many schools.

I do remember also some kids from Beyer High in Modesto, their school got banned for one of their students climbing the Matterhorn! (harsh as it is 5 years)

I also remember getting my photo taken with GradNite Goofy. Bands that I saw were Was not Was (at Carnation Gardens), Stevie B (on Tom Sawyer Island) and a few others, that I missed to go on rides with my friends. We finally went back to the buses about 530 am to head back we were bushed. But I will never forget the good times we had.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• /sigh

E-ticket and I have a picture together with Pinnochio at his grad night. We were actually hoping for a better character, but waited too long.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Hedonist

I stilll have my ticket:

In fact here's the official picture of me and my date:

About an hour after taking this security escourted us back stage to make us put our pants back on.

• Señor User

Quote Originally Posted by General You
    Digging the Spandex!
    I need to get a life...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast