Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Grad Nite- Did anyone ever attend a grad nite?

I went in 2003 and it was incredibly fun! My class went to the ESPN Zone first until the park opened late at night. They closed the ESPN Zone for all the seniors that night and we were given free food and free game cards. They also had a section closed off for dancing and music. We did have a dress code for when we went into the park... it wasn't too strict... just appropriate.

We spent about 5 hours in the park and it was great, luckily not too long of lines and we were able to do almost everything once. Unfortunately this was during the time Space Mountain was being redone... but almost everything else was open. They had souvenir carts around and a few stores were open. What a fantastic experience, it was something I will never forget!!!
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    -Walt Disney

I thought they had the same entertainment lineup throughout all the Grad Nights in a season...apparently not. Tic Toc and I both went in '89, but I remember the whole entertainment lineup and Was Not Was and Stevie B (who?) were not there.

I personally saw Information Society at the Tomorrowland Terrace (rising out of the ground to the Star Trek theme!), and I walked by Tom Sawyer Island while Midnight Star (I think) were playing. The school's #1 nerd caught Samantha Fox's "sweat towel" in Videopolis. And my friend and I got ditched by our dates because we refused to go see New Kids On The Block.

Actually, seems like there should have been a fifth band, but I can't remember who.

• Circle of Ancients

1993 ... still have the pennant ...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks
    I thought they had the same entertainment lineup throughout all the Grad Nights in a season...apparently not. Tic Toc and I both went in '89, but I remember the whole entertainment lineup and Was Not Was and Stevie B (who?) were not there.

I personally saw Information Society at the Tomorrowland Terrace (rising out of the ground to the Star Trek theme!), and I walked by Tom Sawyer Island while Midnight Star (I think) were playing. The school's #1 nerd caught Samantha Fox's "sweat towel" in Videopolis. And my friend and I got ditched by our dates because we refused to go see New Kids On The Block.

Actually, seems like there should have been a fifth band, but I can't remember who.
    Uh yes they were there,and for some reason our Gradnite was on the last week of May.Not in June.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Feel the breeze!

I did. Back in 1996. I had the best Jungle Cruise ride ever given that night.

• Minion

Class of 1978 checking in...

I wore a pink polyester pantsuit that I made. The line to Space Mountain was all the way to the hub. We rode four rides. I had my picture taken with Eeyore. Let me tell you, his "no one likes me, I'm so blue" act is just that. He was real friendly! I bought a grad-night winnie-the-pooh with a grad cap (still have him, but his cap is among the missing). Somewhere I have the booklet/program that was given to us that night listing the musical acts that played. We rode for about seven hours in buses, stopping once in Buttonwillow. That night is one of my fondest high school memories -

My DD2's class went this year. She thought it was "okay", but much preferred the family trips. The music acts were loud. The park was too dark. Her date was walking in his sleep. The bus didn't have airconditioning (again seven hours in a bus). She didn't like staying up all night. But other than that she had a fine time!

MeiMei, class of '78 rules! (good grief...)
    Boo!

I went to Gradnite in 97. I now work in the park and I can't believe the dress code for those seniors. I remember it being dressed really nice and now girls are dressed if they are going to a club and guys with their pants down by their knees. Ugh I can't believe they don't enforce the dress code anymore.

• How's your conscience?

Grad Nite 1976 here, among the oldies. Rode in a bus for 9 hours from Sacramento. Wore a blue polyester pant suit, and I too got one of the Poohs in graduation outfit. Still have it. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles were the band, and we danced to "I'm Just a Love Machine". When I used to hear those Denny's commercials with the chicken and that song, it brought back memories of grad nite. Space Mountain was being built, but Matterhorn was the ride to do then. Man, am I old!
    The sea monkey has my money

• Pirate Girl

Ahoy all,

Glad to see there are some older than I. Walnut High School class of 1981 here. There was definitely a stupid dress code when I went. Being a tomboy I was absolutely not going to wear a dress! My Mom and I went shopping and bought me a pantsuit. Yuck! So, here is the official pic of me(on the right) and my friend Louise. There were no dates!

I can't even remember most of the night. Of course it was 24(OY!) years ago!

Aprille :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    Uh yes they were there,and for some reason our Gradnite was on the last week of May.Not in June.
    Actually, I went the first week of May 1989. I lived in Lake Havasu where the temperature can get to 115 by June 1st, so we got out of school in mid-May.

So apparently they had different entertainment line-ups for different weeks. I know for a fact Was Not Was wasn't at mine, because I would have gone to see them. It's possible "Stevie B" was the fifth act, because I have no idea who that is and would have likely forgotten it.

Does anyone know for sure how many Grad Nites they do each year? I now live in Flagstaff, where school doesn't get out until the second week of June due to snow days. Theoretically, there could be as many as 6 or 7 weeks of Grad Nites.

[QUOTE=Kevy Baby]I went to my own Grad-Night in 1982 (Chatsworth High School). I remember Tommy Tutone played on the Tomorrowland Stage (where HISTA now resides). He did a 20 minute rendition of "867-5309". I don't remember who else played thyat night - was too busy making out.

QUOTE]

I was there in 82 too, I remember Tommy Tutone playing in Tomorrowland, and for some reason I have a slight memory of the Pointer Sisters playing on Tom Sawyer Island, but I'm not quite sure, had a nine-hour bus ride directly to the hotel with only time to change before going to Disneyland for the night so my memory is a bit vague.

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

About an hour after taking this security escourted us back stage to make us put our pants back on.[/QUOTE]

Oh, GOD, those pants! I'm still laughing... Isn't it scary how security can just creep up on you, but with those pants I'm surprised you weren't caught sooner! Ahhh, I needed that laugh... Thanks for the picture!

Went there my grad night, had a lot of fun. I have also worked it as a CM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

1987, I went twice. Once for Grad night and once for Senior fling (grad night was a part of it). I still got my pix, the mouse cap with the tassel, the banner, the mug, etc.

• sr.member

Thumbs up Re: Grad Nite- Did anyone ever attend a grad nite?

I went in 1963 it was great, dresses, suits ,waiting in line for pictures, the folk singing and the Hootenany's were where it was happening then, before Grad nite there was date nites, entrance with no rides was $1.50 but lot's of music, those were the good ol' days

Now I enjoy DL with 4 grand kids

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast