Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• pixie cutie

Grad Nite- Did anyone ever attend a grad nite?

I went to a grad nite experience years ago. The park was opened from late night to early in the morning for high school seniors. The guys wore suits and girls wore dresses. Music groups performed on tom sawyer rafts. It was lots of fun. Does this still exist?

• I can't stand you.

Re: Grad Nite- Did anyone ever attend a grad nite?

Yup it still goes on but the seniors now don't go in suits and dresses I went in 04' They let us roam around in DCA for 4 hours then we spent the rest of the tine in DL it was an experience and I enjoyed it

• out & about

Freak. Grad night is one of my fondest memories about Disneyland. I had so much fun. Its a kids dream... to spend the night locked in DL. i went in 1997 (before the dumb new tomorrowland. there was still the escalator up to the queue for SM) & 1998... anyway I went twice. At the time the Aquabats were one of my fav bands. They were playing on the Tomorrowland stage. They played the grad nite version of "Super Rad" entitled "Super Grad". My friend Joe and I frequented their shows and the band was familiar with us so they let us on stage to sing with them. NICE!
    We didnt have to wear suits or ties but they did enforce a strict dress code that required us to dress nice... like club attire.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Rainicorn.

I freakin' loved Grad Nite (2004). It was one of the best experiences I've ever had at Disneyland. It really depends on how big the night is you go on, meaning which other schools go with you. Mine was an all private/Catholic/etc school night, so it wasn't as crowded. The lines were fairly short, except for Matterhorn (the bane of my existence), but that line is always long.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Goofy is the man

I went in '97. I hung out with a friend who had never been there before. We had so much fun. But like Wrdest97 said, it was before the new Tomorrowland opened so there was a lot of construction going on. We didn't get to ride Space Mountain, because the line was incredibly long (I think it went over by the Matterhorn!) We did get to do a lot of rides though. There were bands playing all over and people dancing, but we were more interested in riding rides!

I'm going this year

Grad Nite is one of the things I really looked forward to during senior year. Who wouldn't want to spend the night inside Disneyland Park, getting to ride classic rides with friends. Since you're are in the park with nothing but high school seniors, everyone had good behavior. No one was being oboxious (or, not that I know of), it was great. I envy this next year's Grad Nites. They will not only get to ride Space Mountain (I didn't due to the re-modeling), but they will also get to see first hand, the Rock It Mountain. If you ever get the chance to chaperone for a school for Grad Nite, do it.

• Former leftist media hack

I'm going to sound old. I went in 1990. We still had to wear suits and dresses. Videopolis was still open, so that's where most people hung out. Nu Shooz, Information Society and Beats International (now known as Fatboy Slim) all played.

It was a great time. My senior prom was at DLH, too. The funny things about grad nite (aside from the fact that I HATE when people misspell night on purpose) was that every bus got checked for alcohol, and around 3:30 a.m., the benched in Tomorrowland started filling up with people who were worn out.

I'll never forget it. At my little catholic high school in San Bernardino, they set it up so you went to grad night, then graduated the next evening, then had the weekend. so I was drunk for pretty much 72 hours. Oops, shouldn't have written that... OK, well, bye!
    "I just want to say, this is the best trip ever." - Aidan at age 4

"No. I have no kiss in my mouth for Daddy." -Alida on Father's Day

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Ok, now everyone will know my age… I went in 1984. They still had the dress code when I went. All I can say is it’s not cool to have to wander DL in a dress and ½ inch heels! I can only imagine what happened to the girls who wore higher heels! The next day my feet were twice the size, I kid you not! I was also walking like Fred Sanford, from Sanford & Son (show of age again!).

Before DL, we had, yes we had to go to Magic Mountain until Grad Nite began, didn’t like the park all that much. It would have been better to spend time in DCA (had it been built then). After Magic Mountain, we went to some local High School to shower, now that was a weird experience.

Anyway, Here’s the best part of Grad Nite for me: It was the very first time I ever went to Disneyland! Can you believe that? Well that started it all for me….

It was a good experience: I can vividly remember riding the People Mover and watching/listening to Matthew Wilder play “Break My Stride" on what’s now the Club Buzz stage. I was bummed that just the day before Cheap Trick had played, but there were actually some good bands the day I went, Dwight Twilley (Girls) and Sparks, can’t remember them all.

Here’s a good story: My friend and I were walking in front of the Golden Horseshoe, and it was probably the final hour of Grad Nite. My feet were just killing me, so I thought; since no one was around I’d take my shoes off, big mistake. I walk a couple feet without my shoes, and out of the nowhere comes a rather large security guard in a navy sport coat, he says to me “Miss please put your shoes back on.” And then he disappeared as quickly as he appeared. Right after I put my shoes on, I look up, and walking right towards us are Ron and Russell Mael of Sparks. I said hello, and asked if it would be OK to have my picture taken with them. They obliged me.

If I had to do over again (which I would: swollen feet and all), I’d have worn a pantsuit, and flats!

Anyone thinking of not going – change your mind and go! You’ll have a really great time.

• My Children's Father

Looks like I'm the old man here ...... I went in 1982 ....... Strict dress codes, I don't remember any bands. What I do remember is that I started the evening "hanging" with a cute girl I was sweet on and her cute cousin. Unfortunately, we ran into a guy I went to Jr. High with, who was apparently alone, and well, I got ditched by the girls .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I did grad night back in '87. Everybody wore suits and dresses. We were padded down but no metal detectors. I remember watching Wang Chung at the tomorrowland terrace. They had to shut down the haunted mansion early because people were jumping out of their doombuggies.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by phruby
    I did grad night back in '87. Everybody wore suits and dresses. We were padded down but no metal detectors.
    Walt Disney World still has that strict dress code... very strict as of 01...

I had to go to Grad bash and walk through metal detectors that my glasses set off!

• What have I done?

OMG yes! I loved Grad-Nite (Class of 1998!) the geatest nite of my life! LOL
    In New Orleans Square they had gypsies and they told you your fortune I LOVED IT!

"This guy!"

• Rock Star Minion

At Disneyland? No.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I went this year, '05. It was TONS of fun, but there weren't really ANY live bands. They were playing party music down main street, and the colorful lighting effects they use during the fireworks for the tiki room and electrical parade parts were going on the castle all night. Me and my friends were most obsessed with looking into the abyss of rivers of america at 3:30 in the morning. While waiting in line for Indy, this tall guy would unscrew every light bulb as he passed it, until the Indy line at 4 in the morning got completely pitch dark. Jungle Cruise was amazing at like 4am too!

I've heard about the Aquabats playing grad nite. That's boss.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast