Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Light Crowds on Monday 11/17 plus the Air Force visits

Monday afternoon we visited the park to see the Christmas decorations while the crowds were still light. Parking was a breeze and most rides were walk ons. Great time to visit. Everything looked great.

Small World was still testing the boats and things. We could hear the music inside playing

Decided to ride Roger Rabbit but the ride was shut down so just took a few photos

Earlier we found out that the Air Force Band out of Travis Air Force Base was going to be giving a concert at 3 PM so we made it a point to be there.

This band was amazing. They also had two soloists. The first young lady could be a musical stage star, her voice was that good. Very professional. She sang a song from Wicked called Defying Gravity.

A second soloist sang God Bless America but my picture of him did not come out. Here is a nice shot of the conductor. Check out those medals!

I did get a few videos of this band and the young lady singing but I have not posted them to YouTube yet.

After the performance we found out that the band was going to be marching down Main Street and performing all the numbers for the flag retreat ceremony at 4:30. So we wandered around the park and I took a few photos

It's getting late now so next up (tomorrow sometime) I'll post pictures of the Flag Retreat Ceremony with the Air Force band and some night shots and Fantasmic. I'll also try to get my videos up on YouTube.

Added 11/20 - The rest of the pictures are in post #12 and the videos and in post #16.
    Last edited by Wendygirl; 11-20-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Re: Light Crowds on Monday 11/17 plus the Air Force visits

Awesome pictures! Will the Airforce band be at the park on any other days?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

wow! Great pictures! The Air Force band looks great.

For those of you interested, the Air Force also has a musical show that tours the country and usually does free performances. They are called Tops in Blue. They literally pick the most talented people from each Air Force base, and they travel around, dancing, singing, and acting. Great shows if you get to see them!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I'm loving this new camera of yours, Wendygirl! Thanks for these great shots!

• Hug a Billy

Got on real quick here before heading off to work.

Thanks Mac Daddy ... I'm lovin the new camera too

Regarding the Air Force band being in the park the rest of the week - I didn't hear that so I'm not sure. Something was mentioned about how this is supposed to be Air Force recognition week in California, or So. California or something and their being at Disneyland on Monday was part of that.

I'll try to get those videos posted after I get home this afternoon.

Thanks for the pictures! I used to live in Fairfield, CA which is where Travis AFB is located. I would have liked to have seen them but we left on Saturday!
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• Thank you, that is all.

Oh, no! I can't believe I missed hearing a live military band! They're my favorite! I hope they'll be performing again sometime soon again.

• Goofy

nice shots. thanks.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Wendygirl, I really look forward to your reports and again your pics are great !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Great pictures! The sun was in the perfect setting for some rich photos... I'm looking forward to the rest and the video. Defying Gravity is a great song and not an easy one to sing!

DLR during the weekdays is awesome.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Still lost in Neverland

Really great pictures. I love your new camera and can't wait to see what the next part looks like. It looks so clear and nice now that the fires have gone their way. Really great looking now and I just love the Park at this time of year.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Continuing on, right at 4:30 the Air Force Band followed by the Dapper Dans and then the flag retreat crew came out. They marched down Main Street to the Flag Pole. The band stood facing North with the Train Station at their back. The Dapper Dans faced South.

After the ceremony (and I have a couple of videos of that too) I took a view pictures of the tree and the castle.

After this I met my daughter in the Golden Horseshoe for the final Billy Hill performance of the day and then we went to stake out a spot for Fantasmic. While she held our place I wandered around NOS and then went on Haunted Mansion.

These are the kind of shots I was never able to get clearly with my other camera

then, much to my delight, our doom buggy stopped in the graveyard and I clicked away to my hearts content

I rejoined my daughter and then she took off for Pirates and got us a bread bowl to share. In the meantime I met a very nice family from Sacramento who shared their blanket with us.

These are my best shots of Fantasmic. Previously I was not able to get close ups like this nor anything that wasn't blurry, so I was real happy with these results

And that brings us to the end of our day. The park closed at 8 PM and so we made our way out. I'm looking forward to the fireworks, parade and new lighting effects but I probably won't be able to get back until the 8th (and I do know the park closes early that night, but they are having fireworks at 5:45 PM

Next I will upload some videos of the Air Force band to YouTube and then post a link to them. Our DSL router has been flaky today, says my hubby, and so we'll see when I get them up)

• Still lost in Neverland

Those night pictures and the ones inside HM are fantastic. How lucky was that to stop in the graveyard and get all those super fine pictures. The Fantasmic pictures are just great. That new camera is really something.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Cake Anyone?

What no pictures of Jennifer? I am devastated!
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Hug a Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
    What no pictures of Jennifer? I am devastated!
    Sorry, not this time Unless it's her idea, she really doesn't like to have her photo taken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast