Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink A 5th Disneyland in Shanghai..............

.......Does this affect the O.G Disneyland in any way.............

• =)

Re: A 5th Disneyland in Shanghai..............

O.G? l

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    O.G? l
    That's Neanderthal Disneyland.

I'm a little behind. Is there going to be another Disneyland in Shanghai? If there is, I don't see how it will affect the original Disneyland.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• revolutionary waltz

If there is going to be one (is there? I've never heard news of this), I'd think it'd harm HK Disneyland before anything else--?

What, is Disneyland a member of a street gang now, or something?

To tell you the truth, I've never been enamored of the idea of having multiple versions of Disneyland around the world. I'm not sure where exactly to draw the line objectively, but I feel that there are too many imitations already, even if they were created by Disney. While I would never fault the original park itself for the existence of other parks patterned after it, the more instances there are of something, the less special and unique the whole concept becomes in a way. Personally, despite the fact that I appreciate all of the magic kingdoms and their unique qualities, I hope that yet another "Disneyland" is never built. Four was already pushing it, in my opinion, and the current gang of five is more than enough.

• Banned User

After Hong Kong Disneyland, it will be interesting to see how Disney can build an even cheaper park with even fewer attractions.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooMaster View Post
    After Hong Kong Disneyland, it will be interesting to see how Disney can build an even cheaper park with even fewer attractions.
    Trust me, that certainly isn't going to happen again!

• Senior Minion

I don't mind other DL's. They're all pretty different despite being based on the same concept. As long as they continue to each have unique aspects I'm fine with it. I just don't like when they clone so many attractions that they lose that uniqueness in the case of DL's or later gates, which IMO should be much more unique. Anyway, I'm not too worried about there being too many more, I would think maybe one or two more at most. Maybe one in India and one in a Arabic country and they'd have the world pretty well covered. I can't imagine HK and Shanghai will have a problem with competing with each other either. Like DL, HK can survive on locals alone, and also like Cali, the city is more appealing as a vacation destination to people in other Asian markets, while Shanghai should be able to draw mainland China which obviously is a huge market.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooMaster View Post
    I have to agree with Luke. I think they see the mistakes of the underinvestment of previous regimes and the early rumors are that Shanghai will be one of the lavish DL's of them all. I've heard the size of MK, the style DLP, and the quality of DL or TDL, sounds promising. I don't know if I'll ever make it there, but the rumors have sure peaked my interest.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• i heart plunging v-necks

don't you mean a 6th disneyland?

Anaheim
    Orlando
    Paris
    Tokyo
    Hong Kong

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    don't you mean a 6th disneyland?

Anaheim
    Orlando
    Paris
    Tokyo
    Hong Kong
    You beat me to it!

Well Orlando has a Magic Kingdom not a Disneyland, but I see what your staying.

Really at this point I don't think a 5th Disneyland would hurt.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post
    Well Orlando has a Magic Kingdom not a Disneyland, but I see what your staying.
    Well that's just being way too specific. They're all the same basic concept.

• Senior Minion

I tend to think of them all as Magic Kingdoms actually, which I think is the proper way to refer to the style of park. Even though many are called Disneyland, and all based on Disneyland, the style is a Magic Kingdom style park. Magic Kingdoms are the type or variety of park, its a genre that has certain rules that we're all familiar with, but also a fair amount of room for individuality.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast