Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face Disneyland's Castle Looks So Ugly During The Day But Beyond Beautiful At Night

Oh I just realized. I should have said Disneyland's Holiday Castle instead of just "Disneyland Castle". Whoops. So yes I mean the Disneyland Holiday Castle.

And this is coming from only judging the holiday castle from pictures on here. I can't stand the faded ugly wreaths all over the castle and the colors all look faded, is it just the pictures that aren't capturing the holiday castle how it really looks in person or does it really look bland during the day?

Now the night version of the same holiday castle looks beautiful, gorgeous, speechelss. But the day version... I'm not sure I will even spend more than 10 photographs on the day version, I just can't see the beauty in the day Christmas version.

Could someone maybe help point out the beauty that I am maybe missing from your own photographs. Or why you disagree with me or maybe possible agree with me.

Chat.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Following the Second Star

Re: Disneyland's Castle Looks So Ugly During The Day But Beyond Beautiful At Night

I think the castle looks beautiful no matter what

...unless they did this to it:

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Walt Disney Fan

Re: Disneyland's Castle Looks So Ugly During The Day But Beyond Beautiful At Night

No matter what they do it I think it looks magnificent.

Some versions look a lot better than others but all of them are still awesome.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Good thing you clarified "Holiday Castle" or else you were about to start a riot.

I think the icicles do look a bit awkward during the day if you look closely. But I think the wreaths look nice, as does the snow. It is magnificent at night also.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    I think the castle looks beautiful no matter what

...unless they did this to it:

Heavens no! The way they decorated Cinderella's Castle for WDW MK looks weird enough. I did loved how Sleeping Beauty Castle was decked out for the 50th, though. Gee, if I could only see the Castle this holiday season....

• The one and only

i get to see it tomorrow!! XD

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yeah, The Fake-curly-sicles on the castle wound around the standard icicles lights just don't do it. They can manufacture much nicer looking icicle lights than what they chose for the castle.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Yeah, The Fake-curly-sicles on the castle wound around the standard icicles lights just don't do it. They can manufacture much nicer looking icicle lights than what they chose for the castle.
    If that can only happen. The current ones look fine to me though.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

the castle looks beautiful for me ^__^ especially in christmas!, the decoration is lovely and adorable!

• Lowering Expectations

The castle during the day:

The castle at night:

Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Banned User

I think the castle looks beautiful during the day, & even more so at night!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

2DieFR, if that is a picture from last night, a lot of the effects weren't working (but you probably already know that). This picture was taken on Nov. 13th.

• Senior Minion

I agree, it's pretty tacky up close during the day, but amazing at night. At night, from a distance, it looks like it's make of crystal, it's really stunning. Pictures don't do it justice.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    2DieFR, if that is a picture from last night, a lot of the effects weren't working (but you probably already know that).
    I did, but thanks for posting another because mine wasn't very fair, since only the garlands were lit last night.

For what it's worth, here is a picture from davelandweb that shows the holiday castle at its best from 2007.

Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    I did, but thanks for posting another because mine wasn't very fair, since only the garlands were lit last night.
    You're welcome. It was really odd to not see the icicles lit, and I was a little disappointed because I wanted to get some close up shots. Hopefully they'll be on on Friday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast