Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: The New Rain Forest In Small World

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Does anyone have before and after pictures of the old rainforest versus the new rain forest? I don't see what the big deal is about them deleting the scene. I thought the whole rainforest scene was the one with the hippos before the Hawaiian scene.

I'm lost on the whole argument.
    No, that's the Jungle scene before the Mexico scene. The Rainforest scene was different.

• Vasooki-land Owner

You know what could have worked better? even though two different parts of the planet, I'm sure, putting the AAs over in the jungle scene, just because people already get them confused, and it would still be dark.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Not sure if it is new or not but they are pumping in smells as well... it was overpowering peppermint in the Swiss section!
    Gee, can't wait to smell Taco Bell Land.
    <<pfffft>>

• Goofy

it dosen't look bad at all. its looks decent.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    it dosen't look bad at all. its looks decent.
    Yeah, that is how I would describe it. Decent, but not great like it once was. Seems they did this just to satisfy us and for that I am happy they even acknowledged our concern. They could have just trashed the entire scene. However, it doesn't make the situation acceptable when the show as a whole is less than what it once was. The idea is to improve the attraction, not take away from it.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Yeah, that is how I would describe it. Decent, but not great like it once was. Seems they did this just to satisfy us and for that I am happy they even acknowledged our concern. They could have just trashed the entire scene. However, it doesn't make the situation acceptable when the show as a whole is less than what it once was. The idea is to improve the attraction, not take away from it.
    I agree. Though I am happy that both New Guinea and the Rainforest is still there. I am sad that Disney just can't accept the fact that the additions are thematic suicide and work for something that improves the theme like the reworked "Hello" and "Goodbye" rooms that Al told us about before all the nonsense came up. It's like Disney decided to dump the good stuff and run off on this wild chase, and they can't bring it to themselves to admit that they are wrong.

On the other side, I really hope the tribal drum music from the New Guinea scene is still there. If anyone can help with that it would be appreciated.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Disney can say the exact same. It's sad the some of you people can't accept the fact that this IS going to happen and there is really nothing we can do about it. The rainforest scene was darker tonight then Soft Openings

• I love my family!

Not sure if it is new or not but they are pumping in smells as well... it was overpowering peppermint in the Swiss section!
    The smells in the Holiday version have been there for as long as I can remember, but it does seem stronger now.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    On the other side, I really hope the tribal drum music from the New Guinea scene is still there. If anyone can help with that it would be appreciated.
    I went on it tonight. The music is all the same as it has been since they started doing the holiday version, except you now hear rainforest sound effects (It used to be curtained off during Christmas).

The rainforest fits well in its new area, and it's no longer in a big, open, empty room like it used to be. The upgrades that they've done are very nice, and while I'm skeptical about a USA scene, moving the rainforest was definitely a good idea. I also like the 1964 sun thing that they added at the end of the ride, though some posters here will probably be angry, because it isn't in the pictures of the ride from 2007. (I would like to get a raise of hands of the amount of people on this forum who knew, or cared about, the rainforest scene before a few outspoken posters began complaining).

Regardless, all the changes still boil down to this - even though it's new, nice, and clean, the ride still has the ugly looking trough that has been improved on at other Disney parks. I guess they captured Walt's original vision, and the "Save the Rainforest" people can all be glad that there were only structural upgrades. The ride is just as cheap, low-budget, and temporary-looking inside as the day it opened. This isn't to say that it isn't a classic, but come on - if this opened today, you would say Walt is rolling in his grave. The Tiki Room, which is 3 years older, has much better themeing.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by dl1955pounds View Post
    I would like to get a raise of hands of the amount of people on this forum who knew, or cared about, the rainforest scene before a few outspoken posters began complaining.
    ::raises hand:: EDIT: Wow. I'm a noob. I meant to NOT raise my hand. I wasn't familiar with the rainforest scene at all.
    Last edited by Datameister; 11-23-2008 at 04:06 PM.

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

lol, Data, you dont count. You would notice if "Bones" was missing his fibula...
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Extravabonanza View Post
    I haven't been on it but I am glad that the rainforest scene is still there. It's nice to see the positive IASW feedback!
    Personally I feel that a lot of the magic is gone. At one time the boat went through a magical rainforest where the sun was dim, the water glowed, and rain was falling from the sky in shiny tinsel strings... Now it's crammed in a corner of a brightly lit room beneath a volcano, a sad reminder of what it was. I'm glad they kept some of it, but it's appearance looks and feels shoehorned in comparison to what they had before.
    Every time I read a new thread, I always pay attention to how long it takes before the negativity sets in. Disney will never please all of the people all of the time, no matter what they do, no matter how hard they try.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Disney can say the exact same. It's sad the some of you people can't accept the fact that this IS going to happen and there is really nothing we can do about it. The rainforest scene was darker tonight then Soft Openings
    If we can dream it. We can do it!-Horizons

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post

you said it.

• Vasooki-land Owner

Quote Originally Posted by dl1955pounds View Post
    (I would like to get a raise of hands of the amount of people on this forum who knew, or cared about, the rainforest scene before a few outspoken posters began complaining).
    :Raises Hand: The only thing I would have cared about were the AAs in the room, but they would have found a home in the jungle regardless.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-23-2008, 06:56 PM