Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The New Rain Forest In Small World

I was fortunate enough to check out the newly opened, It's A Small World* attraction last night. And I have to say, I really loved what they did to it.

And I thought the new Rain Forest location looks great where it is. I've read that some think it's too bright where it's at now, but I think it's perfect in that corner of the show building. I'm just happy they kept that part of the show element.

Say what you want about this attraction, I'm stoked that it's back up and running again...cuz I'm a huge fan of it!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: The New Rain Forest In Small World

Agreed!!!!!

I haven't been on it but I am glad that the rainforest scene is still there. It's nice to see the positive IASW feedback!
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I agree also! Can't wait for the Christmas stuff to come down so we can really see the attraction's changes.

• Banned User

Does anyone have before and after pictures of the old rainforest versus the new rain forest? I don't see what the big deal is about them deleting the scene. I thought the whole rainforest scene was the one with the hippos before the Hawaiian scene.

I'm lost on the whole argument.

• "I Break Things"

Personally I feel that a lot of the magic is gone. At one time the boat went through a magical rainforest where the sun was dim, the water glowed, and rain was falling from the sky in shiny tinsel strings... Now it's crammed in a corner of a brightly lit room beneath a volcano, a sad reminder of what it was. I'm glad they kept some of it, but it's appearance looks and feels shoehorned in comparison to what they had before.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

I haven't actually ridden it yet... but from all the pictures of it, I'm inclined to agree with techskip on this one. The fact that it is filling in space behind the hula girls makes it feel like it is being shoved in. It also seems to take away from the Polynesian scenes that had the room to themselves previously.

I am glad that some part of it was kept as it was always my favorite scene, but this may just serve as a sad reminder of what once was... like an animal that now only exists in captivity.

What happened to the musical cue for the rainforest? That slight New Orleans jazz feel during that scene was the best. Has it been incorporated into the new scene locations audio cue, or has it been dropped all together?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I would have rather they removed it completely and the we could remember on how nice it was rather than squeeze it in as an afterthought . They probably did it to shut up certain people. Good job guys.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I haven't actually ridden it yet... but from all the pictures of it, I'm inclined to agree with techskip on this one. The fact that it is filling in space behind the hula girls makes it feel like it is being shoved in. It also seems to take away from the Polynesian scenes that had the room to themselves previously.

I am glad that some part of it was kept as it was always my favorite scene, but this may just serve as a sad reminder of what once was... like an animal that now only exists in captivity.

What happened to the musical cue for the rainforest? That slight New Orleans jazz feel during that scene was the best. Has it been incorporated into the new scene locations audio cue, or has it been dropped all together?
    I don't think anyone will be able to answer that question until mid Feb, since it's in holiday mode.

Great question though. Maybe they will still use the same NO jazz feel for the USA scene that we will see in February??!!??

From the pictures, the move of the rain forrest looks great! It's nice to see it during the holidays, now!

• "I Break Things"

Not sure if it is new or not but they are pumping in smells as well... it was overpowering peppermint in the Swiss section!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Now, I am going to admit here...I thought when reading all these posts for however long it's been...the endangered area was the one with the freaky hippo. Oops. Guess I was wrong...shows how well I know Small World heh!

I am glad they kept elements of it, then, at all...it didn't have to be that way. But I never had strong feelings about that scene, apart from the crocodile always looked weird to me, and the fuzzy yellow animal (not even sure what it is) looked like a carnival plushie. I am glad it is still around in some form though, for the people who were advocating for it.

• Off to Neverland

I haven't seen it for my own eyes, but the pix I've seen look nice!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Not sure if it is new or not but they are pumping in smells as well... it was overpowering peppermint in the Swiss section!
    What smells are going to be piped in next, the fragrance of gooseberry pie and apples in Snow White's Scary Adventures, the stench of brimstone in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the aroma of real food at Tomorrowland Terrace, and the smell of money in the TDA building? Maybe Elmer Fudd's vision was right all along, and smellovision will replace television!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I don't think anyone will be able to answer that question until mid Feb, since it's in holiday mode.

Great question though. Maybe they will still use the same NO jazz feel for the USA scene that we will see in February??!!??
    Umm... guys- the jazz music was in the African Jungle scene, with the giraffes, elephant, hippo, etc. The rainforest just had thunder sound effects and the drums from the Papua New Guinea boys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-23-2008, 06:56 PM