• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Mini Update 11/21:IASW line, Radio Stations in the hub, expect crowds tonight!

I just came back from the park, and I wanted to give everyone a heads up on a few things...

a) When I got into line for IASW, they were only running one side. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they would do this on the opening day of the holiday season AND the re-opening of this ride after a long refurb. I'm sure the line will drop off quickly after this weekend, but today I think they should have expected heavy crowds as it opened. I'm fairly certain they had other CMs scheduled to come in later in the day for the other side, but when I left the damage had already been done. When I left just before 10, the line stretched back to the Canal Boats....

b) Secondly, the radio stations were out in force again, this time around the castle side of the hub. I'm not sure if they will be there tonight, but if they are, expect massive gridlock around the hub and surrounding areas. Last year we were like sardines as the parade began on opening night, and the park was jammed. Here's some shots of the booths...

c) Aother Tony Baxter sighting. (I swear I'm not stalking him. He...um...just keeps wandering into my shot.)

d) Lastly...here is what the crowds looked as I left at 10:30 AM...

Just for a frame of reference, we went on opening night last year, and these were the crowds before the parade...

If you combine the media presence, opening night, the crowds that are already there with those who are sure to show up tonight to see the new lights with the snow, there might be a possibility of having to turn guests away due to over crowding. Not saying that is going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised. As I was coming in, I heard several conversations regarding this being the first day of the official holday season. I have a feeling that these were AP holders who took the day off with their families to come to the park. Wait until the rest of them get off of work. If you are headed over there tonight, I would get there early and expect looooooong lines.

(I'll have a few more shots up in a bit...)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-21-2008 at 12:28 PM.

Re: Mini Update 11/21:IASW line, Radio Stations in the hub, expect crowds tonight!

Thanks for the report! As much as I wanted to go with the kids this morning, I'm glad now we're waiting until Sunday.

• Special Agent

Re: Mini Update 11/21:IASW line, Radio Stations in the hub, expect crowds tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    a) When I got into line for IASW, they were only running one side. For the life of me, I can't figure out why they would do this on the opening day of the holiday season...
    I was there last night to check out the soft opening and they seemed to be having some technical difficulties dispatching boats from one side of the station. I wouldn't be surprised if that problem is persisting today.

• Animation Domination

Might just head over to IASW first on Sunday then Splash Mountain.

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Well i hope the crowd die down a little tonight when I go by...

• I met Walt Disney!

Heading out tonight for some Steakhouse 55 and a few hours in the park. I might have to wait for my IASW fix! Well, there's always pirates...

• DCA FTW!

Dang, I made plans to go tonight. I hope we don't get turned away from it being over crowded...
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Yeah.....

Haha, man I'm glad I got to visit IASW on wednesday, looks like I won't be heading to that part of fantasyland for a while now!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Thanks for the update!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    When I left just before 10, the line stretched back to the Canal Boats....

WHoooooahhhhh! Who knew IASW would garner such attention.

• Cove Bar Official Dj

thanks for the heads up sir!
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I'm glad I went on Monday. I'll be going again maybe next Wednesday but for sure the week after and I hope the crowds are down a little by then.

Great shots as always, sir!

• Banned User

I'll be there tomorrow. Hopefully the crowds aren't that bad, as I'll be with a friend or 2 that haven't been in a few years.

•   

I just wanted to confirm that yesterday they were having problems with the north loading side. I rode IASW around 3:15 yesterday. I loaded the ride on the north side, but during my ride it broke down. My boat ended up stopping just before the exit tunnel. It took about 20 minutes to get from that point to the south unloading side. Later that evening I noticed both sides were up again, but it does appear that the north side is giving them intermittent problems.

• Goofy

hey guys , i just got home from the park and it wasn't that bad sure they were some radio stations at the hub but everything went ok. Yes the small world holiday will have a huge line even longer than last years but its only 22 mins of waiting time. and it wasn't that bad at all.

Great pictures mac daddy thanks for sharing. i didn't got into the park until i go there at 1:30 pm and it was smooth as far as the crowds go. but this saturday will be busy.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-21-2008, 01:45 PM