• Senior Minion

How many times will you be going because of the B-day Promo?

So, being the resident DL expert amongst my firends, family, and coworkers, as well as an AP holder, I've already gotten a few invitations to go with people on their Birthdays.

So how many of you will be going to DL more times next year due to the new promotion? If so how many more times, who will you be going with and did they invite you or did you ask them?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Re: How many times will you be going because of the B-day Promo?

Definitely for my birthday, & then whatever else I can convince my parents for! LoL!

• Sock Puppet

Since we're a family of five AP'er's, no more...no less.

Our Disney friends already have AP's too, so the B-Day promo won't be utilized by any of our inner circle of friends/family.

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks that will take advantage of the promo and then their "tag-alongs" will pay for their own admittance, which will of course boost attendance.

And that is exactly what Disney hopes for...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Definitely for my birthday, & then whatever else I can convince my parents for! LoL!
    Well if they have AP's they should make sure and get a gift card. That's a good excuse to get them to go.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Since we're a family of five AP'er's, no more...no less.

Our Disney friends already have AP's too, so the B-Day promo won't be utilized by any of our inner circle of friends/family.

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks that will take advantage of the promo and then their "tag-alongs" will pay for their own admittance, which will of course boost attendance.

And that is exactly what Disney hopes for...
    Definitely, I'm sure they hope to sell many single day tickets and I think they will. But I'm also wondering how it will effect AP holders going more too. They won't pay admittance, but it's very likely they'll eat at a nicer restaurant and possibly spend more then they might on a normal trip too because it's a B-Day celebration. It's really a clever promo.
    -Walt Disney

I have three birthdays this year! So... three times! Woohoo!

I wonder what they'll do for people born on February 29th? I've always thought leap year babies should get to celebrate both February 28th AND March 1st. So maybe Disneyland should let them go free twice too!

• Minion

Won't effect my visits to the park. My birthday is on an inconvenient day that does not lend itself to visiting the park. If they were smart, they would allow a window of a week around the birthday to use the free tickets.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

The teacher I work for can not afford to go to Disneyland for even one day let alone get an AP so I've told her about the promotion and she and I will go on her birthday. Everyone else I know already has an AP like me.

• Off to Neverland

wow...that's a really good question...

for sure twice...once for my mom and once for me. And i'm sure some of my friends will take advantage of it...so i'd say a lot.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

2 times once for my friends B-day and once for my own birthday.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I only go about once a year, so it's doubtful that I'll go more than that, even if it's free for me or somebody else. I'd rather pay full price (or whatever So Cal discounted price is available) and go when I want than figure out a way to go when someone can get in for free.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

We already go so frequently......I can surmise I/we might go another 9 times because of some family that would be going......

We have 2 at Christmas and 1 on Labor day so zero for those. The only possible (however unlikely) would be June 21st. I doubt my husband would go again in 6 months. So our grand total is probably zero.

fun huh?
    Janette