Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• When Will It Return?

2008 "it's a small world" holiday ride video & projection show video!

Fresh from Disneyland! Just filmed yesterday and created today! Full-length POV video of the "it's a small world" holiday attraction and its projection show that entertains passers by every 15 minutes. Please do enjoy my creations.

Full-length POV 2008 attraction
    http://www.google.com/videoplay\?doc...69195075387354

2008 Projection Show Video
    http://www.google.com/videoplay\?doc...51678675&hl=en

This is only the second Disneyland attraction video I've ever created so comments & constructive criticisims are always welcome! Enjoy!

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: 2008 "it's a small world" holiday ride video & projection show video!

Wow, what's the 2nd video? During the fireworks or something?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• far, far away from DL

Great video! The ride looks wonderful and colorful.

• Fantasmic Fanatic!

wow! has that always been there? ive never seen that projection thing done!

• Banned User

The projections happen in place of the clock tower show, every fifteen minutes, between... I believe 5:00 and Closing. It was added in 2005, I believe.

It's a christmas season-only thing, obviously, and is probably my favorite Christmas addition to the parks, maybe second behind Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Greay video, PMM.

• FastPass n00b

I love how the train comes through right in the middle of it. It is part of the synergy that happens at Disneyland where something really good meets something else really good and the result is "magic" (to use a word beaten to death through marketing).

It's interesting because you come to Disneyland for the attractions, atmosphere and nostalgia but ultimately you never really know what you'll enjoy until after the day ends. There are so many surprises you don't even think about, or can't even imagine until they happen, and that's what makes a trip to Disneyland special. Whether it's catching the fireworks just after reaching the top of the Matterhorn or having the train in the background of a projection show, you just don't know when Disneyland's magic will appear.

I remember one time 9 years ago walking through Snow White's Grotto to the castle and finding Cinderella while she was walking. It was night time and no one was around except the guy I was with and it just seemed like more than a pretty girl in a costume, it really felt as if I really had met Cinderella. At 20 I never thought I'd have that kind of imagination, but Disneyland (especially at night) is so different.

The Disneyland Railroad is probably my favorite Disneyland attraction and it makes Disneyland, well, Disneyland. Adding that to the projection show perfected it!
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 11-23-2008 at 11:11 AM.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Looks great! Thanks!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Member of Baxter's Army

Now' were the Holiday decorations still up through the refurb or where they removed?

• World Traveler

Great videos! Thanks.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Now' were the Holiday decorations still up through the refurb or where they removed?
    Exterior holiday decorations were not up through the refurb. They were recently put up, including all the light strands outlining the facade. Inside, I don't have any real confirmation, but from reading reports it sounds like Holiday was removed, the attraction was refurbed, then Holiday re-installed.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Exterior holiday decorations were not up through the refurb. They were recently put up, including all the light strands outlining the facade. Inside, I don't have any real confirmation, but from reading reports it sounds like Holiday was removed, the attraction was refurbed, then Holiday re-installed.
    This must of been a very difficult thing to coordinate. Considering WDI did the refurb and Entertainment does the Holiday overlay.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    The projections happen in place of the clock tower show, every fifteen minutes, between... I believe 5:00 and Closing. It was added in 2005, I believe.

It's a christmas season-only thing, obviously, and is probably my favorite Christmas addition to the parks, maybe second behind Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Greay video, PMM.
    No, The Nutcracker Light Show occurs (after dark) immediately after the clock goes off, every 15 minutes. (NOT in place of the Clock, but in addition to the Clock.) However, since they added this light show, at least one year it did not play the couple days around New Years.

• Minion

Both videos, very well done!

It's so good to see Small World back. That is still one of the (if not THE) quintissential Disney attractions. A classic among classics. So colorful, and so magical.

Great videos!

The mouse ears from 2005's "Hidden 50" are still left in the projection. Look at the video around 1:37, and notice that on the doors for the dolls to come out, there is a white Mickey silhouette. I think it's funny that they never updated the graphics.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post

Greay video, PMM.
    Actually, the show is in addition to the Clock Tower show every 15 minutes. After the clock tower shows the time, and you have the bongs, the music will come back on briefly. Then it will go into the projection show and all the lights turn off. It's pretty cool. They've been doing it for a few years now and I never get tired of watching it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast