Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• always, the freaky cat

Question Problems with Small World?

Yesterday (Sun. 11/23) my brother-in-law rode IASW first thing in the morning. He said that only one side of the station was operating, and that they were only loading 3 of the 5 rows on the boats, despite a line that was already growing.

When I rode it at around 5:00, both sides of the station were operating, and they were filling all rows. However, the boat in front of us seemed to get stuck in several spots, and our boat would bump into it, enough to send it (slowly) on its way through the ride.

Then, as our boat entered the final show room, all the music cut out, and the only sound to be heard was the clicking and whirring of the moving dolls & scenery--until some of us in the boat started singing. As our boat left that room and into the "goodbye" room, the music came back on.

Does this ride seem to be having a hard time coming back from refurbishment? Anyone else notice problems?

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: Problems with Small World?

When we rode it Thursday night, we encountered similar issues with the boat slowing and getting stuck. However, they were loading all rows. Strange, I thought the redesign was supposed to address our fat buts from causing that to happen, but it seemed to be happing more frequently
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say it's the boats fault, but the water jets.

MGB, Pac-man and myself moved verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly through the scene with the banners right before the Main Show Room. I enjoyed it!

Also the Alligators head was moving like he has a stiff neck in the Rainforest. Poor fella!

And the Japanese have English accents when they sing in english!

• Minion

Walt and Mary's ghosts are displeased...?

• Banned User

I'm pretty sure I was on one of the last boats of the night last evening and we were going excruciatingly slow. Like, painfully, 4 boats bumper to bumper slow. I don't know if it was just a timing issue with the dock or what, but halfway through we slowed down considerably.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Nothing another year long refurbrishment can't fix!

See you all next winter!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

We were having issues last night, too. But, we took matters into our own hands- we used the sides of the flume to pull ourselves along! Otherwise we would have been in there for a very long time!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    We were having issues last night, too. But, we took matters into our own hands- we used the sides of the flume to pull ourselves along! Otherwise we would have been in there for a very long time!
    Haha, we did something similiar to this last night. We just scooted forward at a forceful rate to make us go faster. We stalled for about 20 seconds and then started moving again.

And also, the boats feel so light that you can really tell when one side is lighter than the other. It seriously felt like our boat was going to flip.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Haha, we did something similiar to this last night. We just scooted forward at a forceful rate to make us go faster. We stalled for about 20 seconds and then started moving again.

And also, the boats feel so light that you can really tell when one side is lighter than the other. It seriously felt like our boat was going to flip.

It's actually surprisingly easier to pull them than you might think. I did it by myself for a little while before others joined in, which really got us moving! (okay, okay... not that fast, but we got going. )

As for the tipping... yeah. Let's just say... we had to lean to one side, several times, to balance the boat out. At least they're buoyant!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post

It's actually surprisingly easier to pull them than you might think. I did it by myself for a little while before others joined in, which really got us moving! (okay, okay... not that fast, but we got going. )

As for the tipping... yeah. Let's just say... we had to lean to one side, several times, to balance the boat out. At least they're buoyant!
    See, we didn't think about pulling the boat. We just did the scoot forward thing because I know POTC does that when they stall.

I have had bad experiences with boats (especially canoes) and let me say, last night brought back my paranoia. Not fun. Ask Kritter, I was freaking out a little bit, haha.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Oh' technical problems ,not another they are ruining IASW thread. So I won't have (figuritivly)to run my mouth.

Kritter, was Monstersgoboo freaking out or what? She said to ask you.

Wow, problems all ready. Thats a good sign. In all seriousness, they're probably adjusting the water jets still. It's been a weekend and a day or two. Give it a little time to adjust and get comfortable again. Even tiolet seats are cold in the morning.

• Banned User

Yeah, that's one thing about the new boats, they seem really sensitive and responsive (if that makes sense)

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Yeah, that's one thing about the new boats, they seem really sensitive and responsive (if that makes sense)

Yeah, like touchy brakes in a car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast