Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Possible Reason for Disney Gallery Closing

Okay well I know a lot of you think that they closed the Disney Gallery just for the dreams suite, but I think otherwise.

During my last experience there before the place was shut down, I realized that parents would bring their toddlers in there and let them roam free, as if Pirates had a day care on the top floor. Kids would run around and it didn't stop there.

You know that 1,000$+ painting of the 50th Disneyland Castle? I saw a few 3 year olds POKING at it with their grubby hands.

POKING AT A 1,000 DOLLAR PIECE OF ART.

The place was being abused, so really we are the ones to blame, not Disney.

• failure for lunch

Re: Possible Reason for Disney Gallery Closing

I really enjoy reading your posts. I'm convinced you are a fan of Andy Kaufman
    in that you enjoy getting a rise out of people. You are REALLY good at it too.

May the Disney Gallery rest in peace, and may the children who killed it live with the guilt.

• HauntedOne999

Actually Its not the kids fault... its the parents! Parents need to learn how to be parents! I can't tell you how many times I've had to call security for 2-4 year olds wandering around the park by themselves and then the parents get upset when they have to go to "Lost Children" to get them. I mean seriously what parent in their right mind would let a 3 year old go thru Tarzan's Treehouse by themselves? HELLO?!?!??! Lots of stairs! 80 feet up in the air! MORONS!!!!!!!
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Okay well I know a lot of you think that they closed the Disney Gallery just for the dreams suite, but I think otherwise.

During my last experience there before the place was shut down, I realized that parents would bring their toddlers in there and let them roam free, as if Pirates had a day care on the top floor. Kids would run around and it didn't stop there.

You know that 1,000$+ painting of the 50th Disneyland Castle? I saw a few 3 year olds POKING at it with their grubby hands.

Yes children are the reason the Disney Gallery closed. That would be precisely why Disney still has high-priced paintings, prints, and other collectibles within reach in Disneyana, Off the Page, and World of Disney, and why Disney opened up the "Art of Disneyland" makeshift gallery in the exit lobby of the Main Street Opera House.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• revolutionary waltz

I agree that parents do need to keep better control of their children. I mean, for goodness sakes, there were kids trying to rip out the tiki gods at the Enchanted Tiki Room because their parents were too busy with their dole whip to pay attention. However, that would necessitate the removal of all galleries for your logic to follow, wouldn't it? I mean, the paintings are even easier to touch now in the tacked-on gallery on Main Street.

• Showus your Larboard side

I think they should ban kids under 40. Yep anyone under 40 should not be allowed inside the park. What the heck make it 55 and slap their parents around if the kids act up.

Just my opinion

Mike
    Getting older and more crotchety in Lakeside

• Small Worlds of Walt

Well if it was the Thomas Kinkade painting, they were probably improving it.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    I think they should ban kids under 40. Yep anyone under 40 should not be allowed inside the park. What the heck make it 55 and slap their parents around if the kids act up.

Just my opinion

Mike
    Getting older and more crotchety in Lakeside
    I do not approve!

But seriously, I agree with all of you who had said it's not the child's fault but the parents and they blame their own child for walking off yada yada.
    It also really bothers me when I see children ripping fake plants or paint off of an attraction. Parents don't do squat about it. I understand that a child goes through the "I have to touch everything and play with everything" phase, but there has to be a point when the parent says, "Don't touch that or break it!"

• Minion

What about the parents who walk into a store and tell their kid, "Don't touch anything." Then the parent immediately goes and starts picking things up. What kind of an example is that?
    I want my cake back!

• Vasooki-land Owner

Yeah, but what really annoys me are kids that play on the chains in lines for things like Space, or Matterhorn. Dx But I don't think that was the reason. But still, little kids need to be under control, even if they are overexcited. Or, they make Fantasyland the place for that to happen. Put signs up:

You are now entering Fantasyland. Beware of the wild children. /JCjoke/ The little ones can latch on for 18-25 years!/end JC joke/
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Phew...
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F View Post
    Well if it was the Thomas Kinkade painting, they were probably improving it.
    LOL.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post

I think your theory pretty much is null since they moved the gallery and it's still open to kids who can still poke at the art with their "grubby little hands".

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Yeah, what's the point of this thread?

The Disney Gallery was a victim of a bad promotion. That's it.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Senior Minion

Disney probably puts the art low enough that kids can get to it hoping the kids will ruin it and they can make the parents buy it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast