• Sock Puppet

If you were starting your own Disney resort what would your theme parks be?

If you were starting your own Disney Resort what would your theme parks be? Here's a list of some.

Magic Kingdom
    DHS
    DisneySea
    Epcot
    Disney's America
    DCA
    Animal Kingdom
    Disney's Villians Park
    DisneyAir
    Discovery Cove

• Banned User

Re: If you were starting your own Disney resort what would your theme parks be?

1) What's DisneyAir?
    2) Discovery Cove isn't a Disney park.
    3) What about something original?

I think that 3 theme parks is a good number, because with one or two, it still doesn't feel like it's own destination and with four or more, it feels overwhelming. My three would be:

Magic Kingdom (how can you not?)
    DisneySea (sounds absolutely amazing)
    Disney's America (interesting idea)

Disneyland. Not WDW's Magic Kingdom. Period. End of story. I don't need anything else.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Disneyland and TDS.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

This isn't the theme for the ENTIRE park, but for a specific land I would build one based around music. This would be a perfect place for a ride such as Rock 'N' Roller Coaster to go. There could also be a theatre built where symphonies, operas, concerts, and just down-to-earth Disney musicals could be held. Parades based off of the various genres of music. On specific anniversaries such as Elvis Presley's death there could be musical tributes, etc. A dark ride centered around the various songs of Disney would be built. Segments for "The Circle Of Life," "Be Our Guest," "A Whole New World," and other cherished Disney classics would be implemented.

- Joe

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Disneyland. Not WDW's Magic Kingdom. Period. End of story. I don't need anything else.
    I agree! I would put all of my effort into building a single theme park that could stand on its own.

Creating a theme park resort has would involve compromises that wouldn't be required to build an individual park, and if it were up to me I wouldn't go down the road. If I somehow were able to create a park that was as perfect as I could make, but still had an equal number of great, new ideas, then I'd consider duplicating my success.

• Senior Minion

This is actually a pretty hard question if you want to be realistic about it, to me every resort should have a Magic Kingdom or DL (By this I just mean a DL style park, not WDW's.) After that, it becomes harder because to me it depends on how you mix the following gates and how close in proximity it is to other resorts. I would probably pick a Disney Sea as my second gate, and while Epcot is probably my second choice after that, I wouldn't probably put one with a Disney Sea as a third gate. You also need the space and right climate for a DAK, so that's also limiting and I also am not sure I'd want one at any other resort with a Disney Sea either. Also, I generally don't like the idea of cloning second and third gates because since I do support a MK style park at every resort, I like the second gates to offer more variety. So I guess my preference would be a resort with either 3 or 4 gates, with a DL and a DS and one or two new themes.

In the past I've suggested that the third gates for Tokyo and Anaheim both be new concepts. Anaheim's park would be Disney's Magical Planet and Tokyo's would be called Disney Sky. My idea is to give a sort of overall theme to each resort. Anaheim would have a strong link to the "land" having all three gates celebrate the state, country, and world. Tokyo would be the "elemental" resort based on the, land, sea and sky. I havn't really elaborated on this concept for the other resorts yet, but I think it would be cool if they all developed some sort of unifying thematic elements to tie everything together. Not like a strong theme, but something like I'm suggesting just to give each more of a unique identity.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    This isn't the theme for the ENTIRE park, but for a specific land I would build one based around music. This would be a perfect place for a ride such as Rock 'N' Roller Coaster to go. There could also be a theatre built where symphonies, operas, concerts, and just down-to-earth Disney musicals could be held. Parades based off of the various genres of music. On specific anniversaries such as Elvis Presley's death there could be musical tributes, etc. A dark ride centered around the various songs of Disney would be built. Segments for "The Circle Of Life," "Be Our Guest," "A Whole New World," and other cherished Disney classics would be implemented.

- Joe
    That's a pretty cool idea. This might be a different than what you were thinking, but it inspired a lot of ideas for me. Like a Mozart's Vienna land, An opera land possibly set in a Baroque Italian or French town, a '50's themed "Mainstreet" kind of a birth of rock land, a pyschedelic '60's land or a retro 80's land, maybe a Caribbean themed Reggae land. There's really almost endless possibilities.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Walt Disney Fan

If were going to go way off into Fantasyland then

I would have a TRUE Disney World

and have all the parks ever thought up by imagineers and all the parks that exsist today.

Every Hotel from all the Disney Parks.

It would have so much variety from the luxurous Disney Tokyo Hotel to the Pop Century Hotel.

Have Calfiornia Adventure be as its going to be in four years

Proably have one Disneyland but all the rides that are not included in the Anaheim Disneyland but in other Magic Kingdoms or Disneyland attractions would go into one giant Magic Kingdom Park

Then have all the other parks.

Have to spend over a month to hit every park
    that would be the best fantasy

Proably put in Austrailia. Them and South America don't have a Disney so why not put one in Austrailia. Plenty of lande
    It would truely be a Disney World
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wow... things are always too literal here.

I'll answer your FUN question and just have FUN with it.

I'd take DisneySea, Epcot and Disneyland but with Sleeping Beauty's Castle from Paris. I'm sorry but I just have to go bigger with the original castle. MUST BE BIG.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    That's a pretty cool idea. This might be a different than what you were thinking, but it inspired a lot of ideas for me. Like a Mozart's Vienna land, An opera land possibly set in a Baroque Italian or French town, a '50's themed "Mainstreet" kind of a birth of rock land, a pyschedelic '60's land or a retro 80's land, maybe a Caribbean themed Reggae land. There's really almost endless possibilities.
    Sounds like the Pop Century Resort in WDW. Actually, their hotel themes really wouldn't be a bad idea to base other parks off of.
    I was thinking along the lines of the All Star Resorts with Music, Movies and Sports.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• HauntedOne999

well every resort has to start with a disneyland park w/ a main street... my version would be very different tho.... main street would be flanked by Edison square and Chinatown. Chinatown would lead to Discovery bay(Adventurland) and Western River Expedition (Frontierland)... Edison square would lead to Tomorrowland(and would have no rides based off of cartoon characters)... the Castle would be Snow White's and have a snow white walk thru... Fantasyland would be made in two sides Dumbos Circusland and then Wonderland

the second gate would be Disney's America

and if it was to have a second gate Disney Sea
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Fullerton Escapee

"I'm going to build my own theme park, with blackjack and hookers. In fact - forget the park!" - Bender

I want the Holywood Tower Hotel to be a working hotel.

My park would revolve around the villains. There would be a villain's nefarious plot faire meet and greet.

The princesses would only be seen in their commoner clothing.

The castle icon would be replaced with Bald Mountain.

Rides would include:

Its A Zombie World
    Slash Mountain
    Expedition Donner
    The Jungle Cruise

Among others.