Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Missing an Angel

Pumba Parking Structure Idea

So in June (so I'm told, we shall see ) they will begin building the new parking structure where the Pumba lot is located.

I was thinking. Wouldn't it be an obvious thought to name the 8 levels of the structure after the charaters from Cars? I mean, after all, you are driving CARS into the structure.

Also, Cars Land will be well on it's way when the structure opens.

Anyone like my idea?

Comments. Concerns. Questions. All are welcome.
    Last edited by Scurvy Pirate; 11-25-2008 at 10:48 PM.

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Pumba Parking Structure Idea

sounds pretty cool. i was thinking "pixar pals" parking structure to compliment "mickey and friends".

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I like "Pixar Pals" a little better. Buzz is easier to distinguish from Nemo versus Speed and then some other car from Cars. Luigi? I don't know. They weren't all that memorable to me. I liked the movie, but it would be tough to name more than about three of them right now. Obviously I don't have a six year old boy in my immediate family!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Pixar Pals or how about "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"? 8 levels fits perfectly!

• A Weather Eye Open

pixar pals wouldn't be a bad idea. using characters from all one movie seems so specific... in fact, making a land or two each about only one movie seems very specific, haha.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What about simply the Disneyland Parking Structure? You can name each level after each one of Disneyland's Lands.

• aka the scorpion eater!

I would love it to be named after Pixar characters but lets hope they make it a little less confusing than the Mickey and Friends parking structure...

On my last trip, parking in the structure was crazy since we had to check out of the hotel on the last morning of our trip and then have the experience of parking in the structure.

The new structure should not be plauged with the odd placement of cones and having to change lanes at the top before entering whatever level you are parking in... The cones are a good indicator of having to change lanes and all but when you have people going all at the same time and at different speeds trying to merge into one lane right at the top and not enough room to merge and your license plates are from AZ you kinda get odd looks from everyone else as you are cutting in near the top! Not to mention the car almost got hit going up into Daisy... The new structure should be set up to make you automatically merge into one lane at the bottom before moving up to whatever level you are going to!

Please tell me I am not the only one this has happened to at the parking structure?

• Disgruntled Former CM

I too like the "Pixar Pals" (or simply "The Pals Parking Structure"); I am not a 'big fan' of the CARS movie / theming, and would choose something else to name the new structure / ANYTHING to keep me from having to tell my friends, "Yeah, we're parked on Mater today..."

I do wonder what the 8 levels would be named:
    - Buzz
    - Woody
    - Flik
    - Sulley
    - Nemo
    - WALL-E

all seem like 'no brainers', but what would you name the other 2?

- "The Incredibles"?
    - Remy?
    - Lightning McQueen?

- which characters would have the best recognizability for the majority of guests?
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    I too like the "Pixar Pals" (or simply "The Pals Parking Structure"); I am not a 'big fan' of the CARS movie / theming, and would choose something else to name the new structure / ANYTHING to keep me from having to tell my friends, "Yeah, we're parked on Mater today..."
    Awwww.... why no love for Mater I think it would fit perfectly with the theme of cars in a parking structure! Plus Mater is the comic relief character of the whole Cars movie anyways and was kinda funny with his slowness in catching on to things [I know I feel that way when I am walking back to the car wondering where in the structure I parked]

• Hello

Cool Re: Pumba Parking Structure Idea

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    What about simply the Disneyland Parking Structure? You can name each level after each one of Disneyland's Lands.
    Genius!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post
    I too like the "Pixar Pals" (or simply "The Pals Parking Structure")
    I don't think The Pals Parking Structure would be a good name, because it doesn't necessarily scream out Pixar.

first, we don't know yet if the structure's going to be EIGHT levels do we? If this has been released then sorry, but i would imagine it to probably be SIX levels like the first structure.
    second, Although the names don't really bother me that much, i guess they could stick with the lion king lots and call it the LION KING PARKING STRUCTURE. i don't know at the moment what the names would be of the levels. but a lot of different ideas are possible like Winnie the Pooh & Friends or something

• Circle of Ancients

I like Pixar Pals:

Obvious Choices:
    Woody
    Buzz
    Lightning McQueen
    Wall-E
    Flick
    Nemo
    Mike
    Sully

They are different enough that you would be able to remember what level your on. I don't like the idea of having a "Incredibles" level and I don't think Remy is popular enough.

I think "Pixar Pals" is similar enough in tone to "Mickey and Friends" yet far enough away that your not going to get confused when going to one structure vs. the other.

• I'll pencil this in later

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    first, we don't know yet if the structure's going to be EIGHT levels do we? If this has been released then sorry, but i would imagine it to probably be SIX levels like the first structure.
    second, Although the names don't really bother me that much, i guess they could stick with the lion king lots and call it the LION KING PARKING STRUCTURE. i don't know at the moment what the names would be of the levels. but a lot of different ideas are possible like Winnie the Pooh & Friends or something
    I like the sticking with the lion king idea. Perhaps the Pride Rock Parking Structure.

• Circle of Ancients

But even with Lion King you have:

Simba
    Nala
    Scar
    Timon
    Pumbaa
    Mufasa
    The Hyena's
    Zazu

So 4 of the 8 are Lions. How are you going to possibly remember which "Lion" level you are parked on??? Even if there aren't 8 levels, you'll probably have at least 2 "Lion" levels.

If they don't go with Pixar Pals, how about a "Princess" thing:

Snow White
    Cinderella
    Jasmine
    Belle
    Aurora
    Dot
    Tiana
    Rapunzel

(I don't count Pocahantas and Mulan since they aren't princesses )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast