Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54
  1. #1

    • E T1CK3T
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Near the wrong theme park
    Posts
    1,590

    Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Something very interesting was going on as I passed by IASW coming out of ToonTown...

    4 or 5 CMs were on the small walkway lining the flume at the end of the ride, and were mostly congregated by the split in the flume where the boats go into 1 of the 2 stations. I couldn't figure it out at first, but I realized that the back end of one of the boats, as it began to make its way onto the left-station flume, got its back-end stuck on the opposite wall! Stuck!

    They had to push back all the rest of the boats that were piling up just to make room to get it unstuck. I whipped out my camera phone and took the shots below... I couldn't help but laugh seeing the new boats get stuck. I hope this isn't a recurring problem....


    In this shot, you can see the foreground CMs pushing one of the boats backwards, and the stuck Red boat's back end where the two women CMs are to the right.


    There's a close-up of the "problem area". You can't quite tell from the photo (and its not that great quality either, I apologize), but that back corner is jammed up against the flume wall.







  2. #2

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,832
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Apparently this is an on going problem with the new boats. I understand that Sunday when some MiceChatters were there boats were getting stuck, as reported by Princess626. She posted it in one of the clubs... but I don't remember if she posted it on the open boards anywhere.

    Melissa!!!! Where's your pic and account of getting stuck!!??




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    690

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Off topic and I apologize, but SeaWolf that picture was taken with your camera phone? It looks amazing to me.

    Interesting that this would happen with the new boats and the flume make-over. Very interesting indeed...
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,008

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Well, this sucks. Seems to me that Disney is screwing up with all the new stuff. First the new monorails don't work right, now this.....well, here's hoping that it gets fixed, FAST.

  5. #5

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,186
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    Something very interesting was going on as I passed by IASW coming out of ToonTown...

    4 or 5 CMs were on the small walkway lining the flume at the end of the ride, and were mostly congregated by the split in the flume where the boats go into 1 of the 2 stations. I couldn't figure it out at first, but I realized that the back end of one of the boats, as it began to make its way onto the left-station flume, got its back-end stuck on the opposite wall! Stuck!

    They had to push back all the rest of the boats that were piling up just to make room to get it unstuck. I whipped out my camera phone and took the shots below... I couldn't help but laugh seeing the new boats get stuck. I hope this isn't a recurring problem....


    In this shot, you can see the foreground CMs pushing one of the boats backwards, and the stuck Red boat's back end where the two women CMs are to the right.


    There's a close-up of the "problem area". You can't quite tell from the photo (and its not that great quality either, I apologize), but that back corner is jammed up against the flume wall.
    It also may be the boat got stuck on the boat switch that move boat left or right.
    One castmember standing up is by the control of the switch.
    castmember need relearning what happen when the boat stuck at switch.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

  6. #6

    • E T1CK3T
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Near the wrong theme park
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Off topic and I apologize, but SeaWolf that picture was taken with your camera phone? It looks amazing to me.

    Interesting that this would happen with the new boats and the flume make-over. Very interesting indeed...
    Haha yea, it was with my phone. The second pic was zoomed in, so its a little grainier and smaller, which I didn't know would happen lol. I have a Blackberry, so maybe that has something to do with it. But thanks!

    Akfandisney, you're right, it could be the switch messing up, and the CMs don't quite know how to handle it... perhaps? If the switch was the source of the problem, it would still be the cause of engineering though, not really the CMs working the ride.







  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    421

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    It also may be the boat got stuck on the boat switch that move boat left or right.
    One castmember standing up is by the control of the switch.
    castmember need relearning what happen when the boat stuck at switch.
    Ah, the good ol' days of working Small World at they key. I would always make sure the boats with guests needing to exit right would go to the right as sometimes the boats with tags would wind up on the left side instead. But yes, I agree (new) CMs need serious re-training to run the key properly. Then again, the new boats could be the blame also.

  8. #8

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,186
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Maybe Disney need add one more gate or brake so the Switch boat can do it's job.

    What I think happen the boat is in switch or key. the next boat came hit it dislodge it , also another boat hit it.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

  9. #9

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,402

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Apparently this is an on going problem with the new boats. I understand that Sunday when some MiceChatters were there boats were getting stuck, as reported by Princess626. She posted it in one of the clubs... but I don't remember if she posted it on the open boards anywhere.

    Melissa!!!! Where's your pic and account of getting stuck!!??

    In that instance, it was before the boats went into the tunnel. I'm not sure if there was a forced stop underneath the flume but our boats were not going ANYWHERE.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  10. #10

    • E T1CK3T
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Near the wrong theme park
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    In that instance, it was before the boats went into the tunnel. I'm not sure if there was a forced stop underneath the flume but our boats were not going ANYWHERE.
    They stopped randomly in the flume itself? not on those treads that you go over as soon as you leave the station?







  11. #11

    • The one and only
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    stockton, ca
    Posts
    724

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    similar thing happened on saturday.

    we were at the handicapped loading when the boats started piling up because they weren't letting anymore go through. 3 or 4 cms walked around and i think they went inside too...... no one was evac'd, it just took a few minutes to get going again.

    EDIT: it also seemed to happen when we were riding the train through that area...

    the boats were lined up from the loading area to the show building thingy.

  12. #12

    • www.JonAutopsy.com
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA.
    Posts
    1,558

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Brand new... not working properly...

    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

    JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

  13. #13

    • E T1CK3T
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Near the wrong theme park
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Brand new... not working properly...

    Sound familiar...?

    Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Well, this sucks. Seems to me that Disney is screwing up with all the new stuff. First the new monorails don't work right, now this.....well, here's hoping that it gets fixed, FAST.
    I don't see really how they could fix it very fast if its the boats OR the flume itself. If its the switcher in the channel at the bottom of the flume, that may not be so difficult to fix, but otherwise, it'll mean at least a little more down time for IASW.







  14. #14

    • Collision speed....FULL!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    You guys do realize IASW has been taking guests for just only a week now, yes? It's all test and adjust now with real guests. Let 'em adjust. The same thing happened with Pirates when it reopened in '06. They've got a new flume and boats. The kinks will be worked out soon.

  15. #15

    • Disgruntled Former CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Whittier / Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,266

    Cool Re: Boat Stuck on IASW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    You guys do realize IASW has been taking guests for just only a week now, yes? It's all test and adjust now with real guests. Let 'em adjust. The same thing happened with Pirates when it reopened in '06. They've got a new flume and boats. The kinks will be worked out soon.
    But, this is MiceChat - WE CAN'T WAIT!!

    EESH, first the Platypus Debacle, and now THIS!!
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-28-2008, 07:26 AM
  2. 11-26-2008, 10:21 PM
  3. 11-26-2008, 02:39 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Frontierland boat
    By hbwriter in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 09:35 PM
  2. DAK Boat Landings
    By Badgermann in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 01:00 PM
  3. USH- Boat from Jaws gone as well...
    By PirateMickey in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:06 PM
  4. Why is there no boat ride...
    By Cap'n Jack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 10:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •