When was the last time Small World was refurbished?

Last time I was there the bottom of the pool (That you can see outside) was all rusty and nasty.

• Señor User

Re: When was the last time Small World was refurbished?

I know they did some sprucing up of the inside back in January when they removed the Small World Holiday overlay. One of my favorite improvements was a whole new sound system (or at least all new speakers).
    I need to get a life...

don't forget the night the General You and Frodo Potter dolls were seen waving near the first room!

• Señor User

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    don't forget the night the General You and Frodo Potter dolls were seen waving near the first room!
    Was that during the "Smelliest Ride in the World" trip?

Whoda thunk you could sink a iasw boat?
    I need to get a life...

• Like a blade youll stain

7 hours away from the happiest place on earth....

Red Face Re: When was the last time Small World was refurbished?

Hahahaha sorry I have to bring up Vision Fantastics again... But there is a refurb schedule on there and I think "It's a small world" is refurbing in November and opening in like late Nov. or early Dec.
    She's cold and she's cruel
    But she knows what she's doin'
    She pushed me in the pool
    At our last school reunion
    She laughs at my dreams
    But I dream about her laughter
    Strange as it seems
    She's the one I'm after
    Cause she's bittersweet
    She knocks me off of my feet
    And I can't help myself
    I don't want anyone else
    She's a mystery
    She's too much for me
    But I keep comin' back for more
    She's just the girl I'm lookin' for

Quote Originally Posted by 3cheers4sweetrevng
    Hahahaha sorry I have to bring up Vision Fantastics again... But there is a refurb schedule on there and I think "It's a small world" is refurbing in November and opening in like late Nov. or early Dec.
    this will not be a "refurb", rather, installation of "it's a small world holiday".

• CM for 4 years!

"it's a small world!" was supposed to recieve a major refurb, along with Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean, for the 50th anniversary. So far, only Haunted Mansion has had it's promised 50th spruce up (It got Floaty Leota, improved portraits in the hallways, i think some updated dialogue, etc). Pirates is scheduled to go down for its major refurb early next year in March, either very soon before or right as Cafe Orleans reopens as a re-Imagineered table-service location. See, when Pirates goes down, Blue Bayou goes down, and that is a very large number of CMs that need to be sent to other locations to work. So some will probably open Cafe Orleans, while other will get shipped to Ariel's Grotto, Wine Country Trattoria, or Carnation Cafe.

There's still no confirmed date for a refurb of "it's a small world!", but I can tell you that it really needs it. A lot of the AA's are out of sync, or their mouths don't work... what iasw really needs is a new sponsor-- Mattel did it once. It would be great to see a new company get their paws on it and give a little money to improve it.

It's my favorite attraction in DLR. I hate sitting here and watching it fall apart.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Yes its that much fun!

it was last year kinda... ('04)
    they pulled all the boats after the holiday and repainted a lot of stuff but this was still under Cynthia so it was not well done and its starting to show already.
    "I am about to pack up 21 years of Disney memorabilia from around the world that hopefully my great grandchildren will not sell on eBay"
    Micheal Eisner

I rode it last night and was specifically noticing all the elements that are not working. I ride it often (I have a two year old) and even in the last two weeks it has gotten worse.
    Former Submarine Voyage CM 1994-1995

I believe Small World is a very labor intensive attraction, and even if it was just rehabbed during the white paint thing, it could still very well look disastrous already. I'd have to guess that the maintenance budget on these older rides has been slashed at some point over the years, reducing the number of hours and personnel available to keep rehabbing the dolls. I remember when I worked at the Park there were always at least 2 dolls on the back work bench taken apart and being worked on in a constant rotation, but I have a feeling they run them until they fail (Pressler lingo) and then pull them offstage until the money comes in to repair them. Almost none of the mouths move these days, and it's been that way a long time, but I try to overlook it and remember the great new paint job out front and restored soundtrack. It's just one thing at a time with Disney these days.