Candlelight Processional Drill

O.K., I have to admit I wasn't paying a lot of attention because I've never gone to the CP and I didn't think I would, but I ended up buying 2 tickets and my daughter and I are going (yamabuki). So I read through the 38 pages of the thread about it and I didn't see a description of how this actually works. If our meal tickets say 3:00, what time should we really get there? And by what time should we leave the restaurant to get over to our seats on time? Any hints or ideas on the best way to time this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Candlelight Processional Drill

I would like to know the same thing - only for the later time and at storytellers. Thanks!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If I remember the the 3:00 Pm dinner the show is at 5:00 pm

then 5:00 Pm dinner the show is at 7:00 Pm
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

What I was really wondering though was not what time they started at but how it worked, from people's prior experience. I know that the paper says the dinner starts at that time, but should I get there earlier to start queuing for dinner? Is that what people do? And what time should we leave dinner to get good seats?

Thats what I was wondering too angeladir. I've stayed at the PPH several times and I'm still not sure where the Yamabuki entrance is. I guess we'll play it by ear. It should be exciting. I'm really looking forward to the experience.

• The Fantasyland guy

I have purchased dinner packages the last three years. (stupid website has died every year!) Show up at your dinner location at the time on the ticket, they will seat you and serve you dinner. At the end of dinner, they will give you tickets to the show, (and sometimes gifts, like wine glasses.) The tickets will have a color level on them. (Napa rose has always been silver tickets, if I remember correctly.) about 30 - 40 minutes before the show, they will send you on your way to go wait in line on the side of the stage.

They line you up by ticket color. I would assume that depending on the color level, you get closer seats. Silver tickets get front row seating and get seated in their groups by CM's working the event. Other levels get to sit down in mass once the silver tickets are all sat.

I always loved waiting in line for this event. Other then a micechat meet, you will probably never get to be around that many Disney geeks.
    Last edited by TheDude; 11-29-2008 at 08:47 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee D View Post
    Thats what I was wondering too angeladir. I've stayed at the PPH several times and I'm still not sure where the Yamabuki entrance is. I guess we'll play it by ear. It should be exciting. I'm really looking forward to the experience.
    Go out the front entrance and around to the right. It's tucked away on the side there.
    A signature should go here.

Thank You!!

Well, we had a wonderful time. And for anyone who is wondering how it works, now I know. First, the traffic to get there was horrible, backed up on the freeway off ramp, it took about 30 minutes to get off the freeway and get parked. They had our names on a list at Yambuki and the seating was very organized and so was dinner service. We had plenty of time to walk over to Disneyland and get in. They put us in a line after determing what kind of tickets we had and we waited about 20 minutes. It was really nice to just stand and chat with the people around us. We were led to our seats by a plaid and it started aoubt 25 minutes later. It lasted 45 minutes and was a mixture of the reading of the Christmas story and music. It was really lovely.
    So, I was wondering how the whole thing was going to work and now I know!!
    Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was wondering.