• Disney Pinapple Princess

AP renewal question

Ok so My pass expires on 1/21/09...If I pay for the pass, lets say 1-2 days before that would I still be able to go on the 21st? Would I have to wait for my new AP to come in the mail? Can I pick up my pass at the park? Thanks.
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: AP renewal question

that's a good question... can you go on the expiration date and renew and get the $20 off, or is that the first date where you can't go? and renewing online, there's gotta be an option to pick it up at the park instead of shipping it, right? everytime i've renewed, i've renewed in person, so i don't really know. i do know that when my ex-boyfriend's parents got him one online for the first time (graduation gift), he had to bring in the email to get the pass made and activated in the park.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by aurora1729 View Post
    Ok so My pass expires on 1/21/09...If I pay for the pass, lets say 1-2 days before that would I still be able to go on the 21st? Would I have to wait for my new AP to come in the mail? Can I pick up my pass at the park? Thanks.
    Ok.. you can renew your pass up to 40 days BEFORE it expires by one of 3 ways--online, by mail or in person. If you do it in person, you do not get the 20% discount coupon, nor do you get your choice of backing. But you will get the discount if you are getting a deluxe or premium annual pass.

You CANNOT pick up your pass at the park if you renew by mail or online.

IF you renew online, and you have not yet received your pass, but want to go to the park, call us at 714-781-4400 and explain that you renewed online but you don't have your pass yet. We will put notes in your file, and you will be able to pick up a courtesy pass that does NOT count towards the one you get each year, and go into the park with the courtesy.

IF your pass ends a certain day, say 1/21/09, you MAY go into the park that day as long as it's not a blocked out day, get your $20 discount and renew in the park at the Bank of Main Street. IF your pass is blocked out that day-- stop at a ticket booth and get a block out ticket. This sounds stupid, but let me explain. If you RENEW at the ticket booth, but it's a regular block out day, you still won't be able to get in, because your pass is still blocked. So you buy a block out ticket, go into the park and then go to the Bank and ask that they use the block out ticket TOWARDS the renewal of your annual pass. That means you'll get the $40 you just spent towards the renewal, AND you're in the park on a blocked day. Does that make sense now??

• Disney Pinapple Princess

Perfect sense! Thanks!!!!
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    IF you renew online, and you have not yet received your pass, but want to go to the park, call us at 714-781-4400 and explain that you renewed online but you don't have your pass yet. We will put notes in your file, and you will be able to pick up a courtesy pass that does NOT count towards the one you get each year, and go into the park with the courtesy.

IF your pass ends a certain day, say 1/21/09, you MAY go into the park that day as long as it's not a blocked out day, get your $20 discount and renew in the park at the Bank of Main Street. IF your pass is blocked out that day-- stop at a ticket booth and get a block out ticket. This sounds stupid, but let me explain. If you RENEW at the ticket booth, but it's a regular block out day, you still won't be able to get in, because your pass is still blocked. So you buy a block out ticket, go into the park and then go to the Bank and ask that they use the block out ticket TOWARDS the renewal of your annual pass. That means you'll get the $40 you just spent towards the renewal, AND you're in the park on a blocked day. Does that make sense now??
    Wow, this is great. You guys have thought of everything! Good to know all this info, thanks.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• 10 years...

Quote Originally Posted by aurora1729 View Post
    Ok so My pass expires on 1/21/09...
    Have you received a renewal notice in the mail yet? Mine expires on 1/20 and I haven't seen anything yet.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    Ok.. you can renew your pass up to 40 days BEFORE it expires by one of 3 ways--online, by mail or in person. If you do it in person, you do not get the 20% discount coupon, nor do you get your choice of backing. But you will get the discount if you are getting a deluxe or premium annual pass.

You CANNOT pick up your pass at the park if you renew by mail or online.

My pass expires 01/01/09 and I have not received a renewal in the mail. Which means I don't get a discount? Why haven't I recieved my renewal notice yet?

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^^

You don't need a renewal form to renew it.

You can still go online and renew it and keep the extra bennies...

Just have your current one handy to enter the number with.

It's so easy, even a caveman can do it!

We had this happen to us a couple of years ago.

We renewed by mail, and before we received the new passes, we planned to visit the park.
    At first the attendant told us that our passes were invalid.
    I thought Oh no, is this a blockout day?
    After a supervisor was called over, they let us in no problem.

Although the system is not perfect, Disney really treated us right that day.