Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Photo Update 11/25-26: Christmas Fantasy Parade and Wide Angle Night Shots

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I have a new found respect for Froggy, Photomatt, Amarillo4, and several others of you who have posted amazing shots from the parade as it's a bugger trying to shoot them as they're prancing around. It's also more complicated in low light, as it was clouding up at 3:45 on Tuesday. If you stop to make an adjustment, that character is already gone, and you'll get a lovely shot of the back of their head.
    This is so true. I got there Wednesday just as the Parade was coming down Main Street and so parked myself near the end. The light was fading fast and I guess because they are right at the end they speed up a little. I did get a few good shots though.

Looking forward to the rest. Your's are always terrific.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Mac Daddy, I'm super giddy at seeing your Christmas Fantasy parade photos! My faves are the ones of Lady Tremaine with Drizella and Anastasia as well as that shot of Pluto sitting on the float. You've captured wonderful expressiveness as well as the excellent performances from these CMs!

You've put that 70-300 lens to good use!!! Likewise, the bag checkers didn't give my 70-300 a second glance when I was there last weekend. It seems they've realized that inane lens policy really was a bad idea.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your parade shots and I can't wait for your wide angle night shots.

My eyes are on overload right now. Between this thread, the Friday Dateline Disneyland Column, PhotoMatt's ongoing Holiday Merriment thread, not to mention the multiple trip reports out there (Lizzi's, Dan-tasmic's, etc), it's a true visual feast for the eyes! Wow. Just wow.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for your comments everyone. These are the last of the parade shots before I switch to the wide angle lens for dusk and nightfall.

Christmas Fantasy Parade, Part III.

Close on the heels of Ariel came the rest of the princesses...

Snow White...

Sleeping Beauty...

Cinderella...

and Belle...

...followed by Chip and Dale...

Gepetto amongst others on the the Toy Facotory Float...

Next came the dwarves, starting with Grumpy...

Doc...

and Happy

Before they all went into their fancy choreography...

It seems that not too long ago, there was a float with the Dickens Carolers on it. They all had mics and were singing. I think that disappeared two years ago and they were replaced with the...um...Dickens Dancers?

And finally it was time for the tongueless reindeer...

And Santa...

And let's not forget Santa's helpers...

Walt and Mickey look out over the chaos that follows immediately after the parade...

And finally, I have seen NO evidence that the economy is affecting the crowds this year. Maybe the numbers will say something different, but I really think every day this weekend will be packed.

Click here for Part IV - Wide Angle shots of 11/25
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-30-2008 at 12:13 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Step Mom, Anastasia and Drusilla are among my favorite part of the Christmas Parade - all three of them are always hamming it up! Love it!

I only see the Princesses and Beast in the Ball segment. Were the Princes in the Parade??????

• Banned User

Fantastic pictures of the parade Mac Daddy!

• no flash photography...

it's a bugger trying to shoot them as they're prancing around. It's also more complicated in low light, as it was clouding up at 3:45 on Tuesday. If you stop to make an adjustment, that character is already gone, and you'll get a lovely shot of the back of their head.
    yes, i would imagine it would be difficult shooting it in all manual mode like you did. The pictures look amazing.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great pictures! Keep it up!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for your comments and your encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Step Mom, Anastasia and Drusilla are among my favorite part of the Christmas Parade - all three of them are always hamming it up! Love it!

I only see the Princesses and Beast in the Ball segment. Were the Princes in the Parade??????

Princes? Were those the guys who kept getting in the way of the gorgeous princesses? Like THIS guy?

"MOVE already! I can't see Ariel!"

Somehow I didn't take as many shots of the princes. I was..um...distracted.

Part IV is almost ready. I should have it up in a few more minutes...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part IV: Daytime Wide Angle Christmas shots

Before I get to the night shots from 11/26, I thought I would post a few shots from throughout the day on 11/25.

On my way in, I stopped in the Grand Californian Hotel. I never noticed before how the rock pillars on the left look like an enormous fireplace. It's one of our favorite places to hang out when it gets cold outside.

Then it was off to Disneyland for a couple shots of the tree...

Then off to Nemo to try a couple of things. One of my favorite things to do with the 10-24 lens is to create the illusion that subjects in the foreground are way larger than those in the background. It gives the impression of exaggerated distance. The Matterhorn, for instance, is kind of small in this shot...

And this sub is reeeeeally long....

A shot of the lagoon...

before heading off to the hub. You can see the storm clouds beginning to arrive behind the castle...

The Dans were singing carols on Mainstreet...

And I think this might be my favorite shot of the batch. The way the clouds were masking the sun gave an artificial quality to the light reflecting off the bricks. The effect of that plus the lanterns in this shot gave it kind of a Thomas Kinkade type of vibe. I uploaded it in a slightly larger size.

Click here for Part V
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 12-02-2008 at 10:32 PM.

• Goofy

even more nice thanks.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Wow. Just... wow....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Dreams do come true

Santa's helpers are always my favorites of the parade

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Princes? Were those the guys who kept getting in the way of the gorgeous princesses? Like THIS guy?

"MOVE already! I can't see Ariel!"

Somehow I didn't take as many shots of the princes. I was..um...distracted.
    I completely agree with you there buddy. There's lots more interesting shots for me to get. LoL!

• Silent Lucidity

Great photos!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Oh, those Princes, always getting in the way! They deserve better than being treated as the "Rodney Dangerfield's" of Disney Characters.

Loved your picture of the Grand Californian lobby!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-03-2008, 05:55 AM
  2. 11-28-2008, 02:53 AM